my god what is this

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
SlIp'n'sLiDe
Car: 240

i have just recieved my mani from b/d yeasterday, and this is what i got. what the **** is this, its nothing like advertised on the website....to tell you the truth, i am straight pissed at this cuz i thought i was getting the bad *** one in the pic, but i guess not **** **** **** **** **** !!!!!!!!http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4154

(edit by fiznat:)

BD's product pics from the website, for comparison:

SlIp'n'sLiDe

this is what someone elso got also, but i am so ****ing pissed that i waited so long for this!!!!!cuz i have the same thing at my house!

virus77
Car: 95 S14, 71 240z, 97 e320

wtf is up with the runners, did they just make a completely different manifold and not tell customers.

fiznat
Car: Grown up :(

I moved the pics over here so people can see them more easially.

I also deleted all that junk complaining about KA-T.org's policies. Any issue you guys have with them should be handled either over PM with their mods or on their board.

And everyone else: Please remember, customers only if you are going to complain about (or praise) Boost Designs.

GEO
Car: 95 240sx KA-T

I think I have made my conclusion. It's custom kit time folks!

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Well-handled, all.

I am NOT pleased to see this, and I've been pretty understanding of their new-business startup / merger pains.

Very disappointing.

klattr1
Car: GT42R powered S14/KA

thanks Fiz.

somthin240
Car: '04 wrx

two words. gasket maker. for a minute there I thought I clicked on this zerothread?id=119110 post. both first pics look about the same.

fiznat

lol hey!!

hannibal
Car: Red Line to Glenmont

GEO wrote:I think I have made my conclusion. It's custom kit time folks!
Amen!!

sunnys14
Car: S14

thats the ugliest manifold and downpipe i have EVER seen... im sorry man

HolyShiznit
Car: Working on my car

wow, the welds and stuff look about as crappy on that as mine does except I got the "tubular" one. Oh well, we all got suckered, we all got our money taken, now it's time for group lawsuit!

Sorry to hear this is happening in our community.

1WheelWonder
Car: 1991 Nissan 240sx

Is it even welded. That looks like my girlfriend made it out of paper mache.

SlIp'n'sLiDe

im in, i want my $ back and i will gladly sent him all of his stuff back, here are some more nice pics u will love to see,

you can see there that the wastegate dump tube butts up against the turbo flange. it butts up so bad that you cant even completely bolt the downpipe to the turbo without bending or somehow breaking the downpipe dump tube. In the second picture there you can see how badly the flanges fit together with the dump tube in the way.

virus77
Car: 95 S14, 71 240z, 97 e320

I wish BD hadnt done this to themselves. they had alot of people that believed in them in the beginning and they could have made a good name for themselves but they screwed it up.

hannibal
Car: Red Line to Glenmont

This is a matter to take up with PJ. He should have a chance to correct his company's mistakes. If he blows you off, then you can talk bad about him all you want.

I'm sorry to say I think this merger did more harm than good...

chad_KAT
Car: 98 Red S14

wow im not even going to bother with there fmic kit... greddy or johnny racer....wow they suck. Good job bd, you should start making neons and bodykits for hondas..

Florida240sx
Car: 93 Hatch 5spd
2012 altima coupe 2.5s

I was hoping they would correct their past mistakes so I could order again, but looks like they are going in a downward spiral.

boostdesigns.com
Car: 95 nissan 240sx ka24de-t

this is the new design i have been working on for over 2 months now this is a FAR better design and more efficent design than the other setup was this manifold can flow 21.7 percent more than the other design it has no internal welds like the buick grand national design it also uses ATR new collector flange which angles all the exhasut pulses into the the turbine directly on the turbine wheel instead of trying to force them thru a coventional collector assembly as the old design did. the downpipe is technology from the typhoon which keeps the exhaust manifold contiunously pressurized becouse the wastegate dump is not built onto the header like the old design either instead you have more control over wastegate managent beouse your venting directly from the turbine itself and this allows more control and less chance of boost creep as this was a problem with the syclones from the factory and ATR solved this with this upgrade and it ended up being a better upgrade than any other company could design so i basically have taken proven better technology and applied it to the import market to make a good product even better. as far as the DP tube making contact it is a tight fit and these are the first of this design so that is a problem i will address immediantly we will check the jig today to see what the dilema is but it will be rectified and your piece is covered under warranty so get in contact with me and we will have a new unit made for you to fix the problem.

silencer.1
Car: women, my car, paintball

I hope that is a prototype... There is no way that will seal properly between the turbo and exhaust manifold. If I recieved that, I'd want my money back too...

Edit: You edited before I could finish typing. I still wouldn't be happy to get that if I thought I was buying the other one.

fiznat

PJ, excellent theories but you are forgetting a number of your customers' major complaints.

#1. You cant just change the design on your product (even to "make it better," which in itself is VERY questionable) without notifying your customers of the change. This manifold is NOT what people like slip'n'slide paid for, it is NOT what is pictured on the website, and apparantly is is NOT what people want.

#2. You have not accounted for the poor weld quality on these manifolds. If you look at the first couple pics in the thread, the welds on the flange with the runners arent even penetrating-- nor are there welds on the inside whatsoever. It looks like the manifold wasnt put together with care at all. The griding is haphazard to say the least, the whole thing just looks sloppy.

#3. What about the complaint that the downpipe does not even bolt up to the turbo because of clearance issues? This is HUGE! You cant get your "21.7" increase in flow or whatever if the freaking parts dont bolt together! How much R+D could have possibly been done on this manifold if this is the level of fit+finish that comes out in the end? Very little.

Warped
Car: 1993 240sx coupe - 2000 Audi S4 Stage 3

he said he would fix it ,only problem i see is why they didnt clean it up a bit that collector looks a bit thrown together with a little weld or epoxy to clean it up it would be good

Nismo_Freak
Car: 89 240SX

Warped wrote:he said he would fix it ,only problem i see is why they didnt clean it up a bit that collector looks a bit thrown together with a little weld or epoxy to clean it up it would be good
The problem at hand is more of the fact that he sent that product out unfinished.

HolyShiznit
Car: Working on my car

I disagree with all of you. The problem at hand is that he CHANGED THE ENTIRE DESIGN without even notifiying the customer. This literally is like ordering a car a certain color and getting a different color, YES it is a manifold/DP but who cares, it's not the one that Slip'N'Slide paid for. The fact that it looks like butt, doesn't fit, AND has UBER questionable "gains" is a completely other story. At this point I am glad I got their old manifold, despite it's inherent flaws, at least I was able to reweld portions.

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Boost Designs is no-longer a NICO Sponsor!

With that said...*takes a deep breath*

PJ, your excuses are getting old. Your customer service is awful and your a liar. I appreciate you sending me the downpipe and mani for that auction...not.

Your quality assurance is non-existent. You've shipped out faulty products, some of which have been down right dangerous...like that fuel rail that looked like it was made with a dremel tool and a vice.

And what do we always hear after..."wasn't my fault, must be someone on the production line...etc...blah"

Dude, you can't use the same excuse everytime someone has a problem. Just because you offer a warrenty doesn't mean we as customers should have to use it as soon as the damn product gets delivered, if it even gets delivered.

Your entire, "parts not in stock isn't my fault" ideal is retarded. You either have them or you don't. It's simple bussiness to check on your sources, I've taken bussiness, so there's no need to argue that.

The entire new manifold and downpipe you sent out, isn't what the guy ordered, whether its your new kit or not. That's called false advertising homey!!!

Not to mention your design sucks at best. If that were the best way to do it, I'm 100% sure you would not be the guy to pioneer it. You forget that some of us have a little machinist or welding in our background...and that looks like crap. Not to mention your first kit's are rubbing all over the turbo...you should be checking these BEFORE they roll out, not after. A jig is either good or it's bad...But I'm sure we'll recieve some kind of excuse about a lazy guy that works for ATP who messed up and will be talked with or fired.

Peace...I'm Out

TurboKA37

im not sure how i feel about this. this situation with the excuses and production quality reminds me of my dealings with hotimportperformance (which i believe bought some parts such as the manifold from boostdesigns) i do believe that PJ's intentions are good but there is no possible way to offer the customer what they want and still make money. "you get what you paid for" perfect example. whether boostdesigns can pull there **** together or continue to sell poorly manufactured products depends on if they spend more time with production quality and raise prices if needed.

214kka-et240sx
Car: nissan s13 silvia

everybody GET JGSTOOLS mani lol . i got my stuff threw them and it's been like 1 1/2 years that my car is been turboed and had no problems with it,

i guess boostdesigns went down fast . they should of fix there products and not have this kind of problems

BD what if you were to order some parts online that look really good, tell you that is the best stuff any other brand there is , and wait until like your next birthday to get your stuff , and get the crappiest thing there could be, you wouldn't like it. think like a customer. we dont wanna get ripped off

JGSTOOL dont make the best looking mani , but atleast they really last long and dont lie to you and have to wait long for it.

crzycav86
Car: 93 240sx KAT

It didn't help that bd couldn't make one complete sentence.... that's the main thing that personally bugged me.

ILikeMy240sx
Car: SR Power

oh wow.. first time seeing a sponsor getting the boot...

What WDRacing said makes perfect sense... He makes the same excuses all the time and never actually admits fault and thinks its OK to ship bad products and OK to ship products late. He is the owner of the company but thinks the orders are out of his control for some reason....

They had the perfect opportunity to grow and prosper but... they threw it away.

fiznat

Guys, we have another sponsor lined up ready to take Boost Designs place. These guys are absolutely awesome and I think you'll all be happy that we've "upgraded" like this. AZHitman will be making an announcement later on, but suffice to say for now that I am REALLY excited we finally have a high quality, reliable sponsor!!

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”