E manage info/wiring

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
DRIFTEADOR

I have a lot of free time at work so I made this diagram to simplify the install. Figure others can benefit from it too. This is for a 95 ECU which I believe is the same as any other s14.

I posted the safc wire colors too since a lot of you guys use that. If I missed something let me know.

here is one for a s13http://www.mohdparts.com/emana...t.gif

I'll post up some install pics and screenshots as soon as I can get the unit to communicate with my laptop. On that note, apparently windowsXP doesn't like the e-manage or vice versa . Supposed to be an fix but I havent tried it. I'll update the thread when I do.

for the record, I bought the e-manage because I couldn't pass up the deal. main unit, with support tool, injector/ignition harnesses, and 3 bar pressure sensor for $340 shipped to my door. the 3 bar alone saved me what I would have spent on a bigger MAF. I'm cool to 29psi

madbouncy
Car: 93 Mazda RX7 R1

Nice wiring diagram, definitly should be helpful. Had one question though, does the e-manage have an O2 sensor input on it?

LEMHEAD16
Car: '12 Genesis Coupe
'95 QofDOOM
'56 Chevy pick up

You should do one for the SOHC also. Great work though and this should go in the useful info sticky WD!

DRIFTEADOR

there is no direct o2 input to the e-manage, but you can use any of the free pins (most people use the 2nd airflow input for wb) and a third party tool, like hau's software, to covert/rescale the data. you can download it from the emanage yahoo group.

edit: ^ the link in the first post is for a S13 ecu

LEMHEAD16
'95 QofDOOM
'56 Chevy pick up

DRIFTEADOR wrote:there is no direct o2 input to the e-manage, but you can use any of the free pins (most people use the 2nd airflow input for wb) and a third party tool, like hau's software, to covert/rescale the data. you can download it from the emanage yahoo group.

edit: ^ the link in the first post is for a S13 ecu
S13 DOHC or S13 SOHC?

madbouncy

Thanks for the info about the yahoo group. Found some good stuff there. However, I heard the Hau software a lot, couldn't actually find the program though. I did find a guide on how to make the blue e-manage into a gold one which allows for the a-f reading stuff built in. Is that what the hau was refering to? Also, it said to use the second maf input with the hau, so do I use the second maf input after I switch to the gold e-manage too? Thanks.

LEMHEAD16
'95 QofDOOM
'56 Chevy pick up

do you know where to get an ECU pin diagram for the SOHC?

DRIFTEADOR

I'm not sure about the gold. I don't think there's anyone who has successfully switched from blue to gold. until there is i won't worry about it.

i though that was the sohc, but i guess not. i'll see if i can find it.

i figured out why it wasn't communicating. turns out the com port settings on my laptop were wrong. If you are running on windowsXP and don't have a 9 pin serial off your laptop you'll likely have the same problem. first, you'll need a usb to serial adapter since that's what the support tool cable needs. Unfortunately, you can't simply use a regular usb to usb cable. I used IO Gear's adapter (Model # GUC232A) but others have used a cheaper Belkin's made adapter (FSU-109) with success. to fix the communicating problem go to control panel>system>device manager and find the usb>serial adapter under "ports (COM & LPT)," click on it and change the com port setting to COM1.

here's the emanage installed and a screen shot that didn't come out too clear:

here's a better one, although i wasnt connected to the emanage so the map trace and real data display functions weren't working. also the load points arent marked. btw, you have a choice using throttle, airflow, or if you have a pressure sensor, pressure based load.

there's a "sub injector" table that controls two separate injectors; any reason why I can't use it for load and rpm based alcohol or propane injection?

also, there are two tables for controlling the main injectors, "airflow adjustment map" and "additional injector map". together they can control injectors up to 150% bigger. Since the "additional injector map" requires a harness connecting to each injector as opposed to only cutting the maf signal, I assume it controls the injectors after the ecu and leaves the maf voltage alone. therefore, if i adjust from that table only (i'd only be using 50lb injectors anyways) and leave the "airflow adjustment map" zeroed out, the ecu should see true mafs voltage and engage closed/open loop like it would normally, right?. i'm i in denial?

nismo1003
Car: Ka24de

who got the Hau's tools to share on the board? post a link please

LEMHEAD16
'95 QofDOOM
'56 Chevy pick up

what pin is your TPS wire connected to in the main harness?

madbouncy

http://drizze99.conforums3.com...art=0

That was the guide thing I found for the blue to gold e-manage.

DRIFTEADOR

hmm...that doesn't seem hard at all. maybe i'll try to convert mine after work. even though I won't be able to use the wb input since I am already using that port for the pressure sensor. whats the deal with the autotune feature i've been reading about? everyone says it's available once you upgrade but no one knows how to activate it.

I read a little more on the fuel adjustment tables and I was wrong. the additional injector map can adjust up to 100% but it only adds not subtracts fuel, so I would still need to take away from the airflow table in for bigger injectors.

i don't know if this is hau's tool but it's pretty cool:http://12.22.230.41/MicroTech/...a.zip

you'll need to dowload .Net Framework 1.1 from microsoft for it to work:http://www.microsoft.com/downl...ng=en

lem,was the question directed at me? mine is wired just like the first diagram, but i'm sure its not the same for you. didn't you say you tried to look for a signal but could find a pin that changed according to throttle position?
Modified by DRIFTEADOR at 8:11 PM 5/3/2005

LEMHEAD16
'95 QofDOOM
'56 Chevy pick up

yes it was directed at you but i figured my problem out. Some retard wired the ignition wires to the TPS wire and couldn't firgure it out. Well after an hour or two of head scratching I figured out my problem and everything is working great. (BTW I'm the retard)

DRIFTEADOR

lol

i had the wrong link up for the .net Framework, fixed it.

earlier i switched to the gold version, basically they just added the acceleration map and WBo2 or multi switching reading capability (no auto tune as far as I can tell). I got it running and set up all the parameters I could to display in real time. I plan to hook up the rest of the available inputs to log too. at least coolant and knock if possible.

and this is a shot of the emanage tools alpha software (link posted above). this is what I'll be using to convert afr readings. unlike the emanage software, it allows the use of either airflow1, airflow2, or tps as an input. not to mention it has an autotune feature by the way, the reason those maps at the top are shaded in is because this is still a beta version, not fully functional yet.

LEMHEAD16
'95 QofDOOM
'56 Chevy pick up

Was the hardware update part of the mod hard at all? I am thinking about doing this but I don't want to screw up my EM. Also Can the Gold version read a WBO2 signal or do you still need something like the LM-1 that you pipe the output from that into the Emanage. Have you had any problems with the software? I read on the EM forums that some people got an error after updating?

nismo1003

I did search on e-manage yahoo group, Emanageuser site and Modparts, but I still can't find any information about the GOLD e-manage, except they have a accleration map and it's GOLD , what's there to it? what's a accleration map for?

I opened the E-manage tools, it looks pretty awesome for the autotune feature w/ the wb hook up . but does it work together with E-manage support tool at the same time?

for the Sub injector map(extra injector wire), can I use it to activate a 12v relay?( dial in to be 100% I guess? )

DRIFTEADOR

sorry, i should've mentioned that i onhly did the software upgrade not the hardware part. I just wanted to see what the changes were (mainly if there was autotune like i'd been hearing, which it appears there isn't). the jumper looks simple. I've chipped a ecu before so that wouldn't be a problem, but i don't know about shorting those two tiny legs. if i need to do the hardware changes later i'll just take it to a tv repair shop and have them do it for a few bucks. they have the right equipment and experience. plu if they burn my bard they can pay for another one

the emanage reads from a linear wideband controller output. from what i've read the only wb that doesnt provide a linear output is zeitronics. for the price, i'd use something like innovate's LC-1.

no problems with the emanage so far. i didnt get any error messages but I did figure out that you cant be online with both the emanage support tool and the emanage tools alpha at the same time, you have to close one of them.

gold manage is basically the same as the blue but with different software. the port that could only be used for a pressure sensor before now gives you the option to use as a pressure sensor, wideband sensor, or multi switching system. you now have an acceleration map that allows extra fuel to be added as delta throttle increases (suddent change in throttle). it's supposed to fix dip in stuttering problems. the other change is that the previous VTEC output wire can now be used to activate any 12v signal based on rpm.

unfortunately it doesn't work with the e-manage at the same time yet*, hopefully that can be fixed.

i'm sure you can use the sub injector wires to activate a relay but it'd be easier to use the vtec out.

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Added it to the sticky, good stuff man, really good info.

nismo1003

Thank you so much Drifteador , it's very helpful.

very useful source!

huguetpj
Car: 93 KAT Coupe

I second that opinion. May I know where you got the emanage for that price? Ebay? Used I guess?

I'm still trying to get my hands on an emanage around that price (with support tool and ignition harness).

LEMHEAD16
'95 QofDOOM
'56 Chevy pick up

To run the Emanage tools do you ahve to be running the gold software or will it work with the latest blue stuff?

DRIFTEADOR

thanks for making it a sticky. I think the emanage has great potential for a low budget setup, but usually people get turned off from it because there isnt enough support. hence the reason for this thread.

i bought mine used from the forced induction classifieds section on honda-tech.com. http://honda-tech.com/zeroforu...age=1i think i saw one the other day selling for $300 with support tool. Thats a decent price but you could probably talk him down some more. if not just wait for a cheaper one. I got mine with the support tool, ign harness, and pressure sensor w/ harness for $340

if you do find one for a deal without an ignition harness you could always make your own. here's some info on what plugs you can use:http://drizze99.conforums3.com...08608

the tools software was made for the blue users since blue doesnt have wb readout like the gold, but it works by itself so it really doesn't matter which youre using.

huguetpj
Car: 93 KAT Coupe

DRIFTEADOR wrote:thanks for making it a sticky. I think the emanage has great potential for a low budget setup, but usually people get turned off from it because there isnt enough support. hence the reason for this thread.

i bought mine used from the forced induction classifieds section on honda-tech.com. http://honda-tech.com/zeroforu...age=1i think i saw one the other day selling for $300 with support tool. Thats a decent price but you could probably talk him down some more. if not just wait for a cheaper one. I got mine with the support tool, ign harness, and pressure sensor w/ harness for $340
Thanks I'll take a look.

Quote »if you do find one for a deal without an ignition harness you could always make your own. here's some info on what plugs you can use:http://drizze99.conforums3.com...08608[/quote]Yep, I'm trying to get one with the support tool at least. The other harnesses ain't that hard to get/make.

Thanks for the tips.

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”