year 2010 versa, clean-emission Homogeneous-Charge Compression Ignition (HCCI)

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
chano129
Car: sentra/sunny

greeting to all my friends, at nico, it is good to be back, and i am here with good info for the future.

http://www.nissan-global.com/E....html

http://www.nissan-global.com/E....html

The new versa for 2010 will be use an hcci engine, which is capable of achieving 60 mpg.this engine can burn any fuel and it will still have a spark plug with an temperature probe, in case the the temperature drops the spark plug will ingnite ensuring a very lean burning although it may operate as an diesel engine. The vcr turbo will give it the compression to ignite without spark plugs as done with SAAB e85. I am not saying much this time but we could be in for a show and this time nissan can beat their rivals.

well one may ask what i am talking about or say impossible, but i am telling you that nissan is correct their faults, recovering losses in engine and axle in the current engines, they have completed one which is the 15000 cc, the 1800cc i bet will be next.The 2007 Tiida with 1500 cc with CVT is now rated at 19.4 km/l and the new 2007 corolla which is to be due in US 2008 can only manage 18.2km/l.

now back to the hcci engine talk. Nissan have some of the world most fuel economical diesels and it runs with the power of an gasoline,but their is one type which is HCCI-like it increase fuel efficiency up to 50% and it was develop in 1998 and toyota had a copy version done in 2000, but the nissan can burn alternatives with diesel, but the toyota cannot.

Nissan start studing gasoline hcci engine in 2002 and will have it in 2010, plus their own in house hybrid with plug in and solar energy as back up.They will not be using any batteries but a capacitor which is called super capacitor, honda has also copy and will use similar principle.

chano129
Car: sentra/sunny

toyota 1500 cc with icvt 18.2km/l 41.8mpg1800 cc with cvt 17.2km/l 39.5 mpg

Return to “Versa General Chat”