XENON HEADLIGHTS HELP!!!!!!!!

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
vkheifets
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa

I put some h4/9003 Bi Xenons in my car. When I got the Xenons I was a little puzzled because not like most h4's they did not have the 3 prongs that meet the car. They fit good but you can put them in any direction. When I powered them up they light both in weird directions. I tried to adjust them but not luck with that little screw. I work at a Infiniti dealer so I had one of my techs try to adjust them but last night was bad 2. I am thinking of just buying the projector head lights on eBay and seeing if that would help but am not crazy about there look. I need advise FAST my wife can not see a thing with my project.

vkheifets

Looks like I found the issue. The Xenon co. sent me 9007 by mistake in a box that said H4. They fit but do not reflect light the same. I called him and he made good on the deal. Overnighting a whole new set to me!!!!!

Also the Co. I would recommend is http://www.tripscustoms.com $110 shipped for Bi Xenon. The guys name is Jerry

Hope this is it.

Vitaly

KimberKenobi
Car: the Camel

pics and thoughts after correct install please.

feloniousmonk

Site has no ordering option for H4 high/low.

Please post pictures of the light against a wall 25ft away and engine bay showing where you mounted the ballasts.

rafa2210
Car: 2004 nissan 350z roadster

how did u order Bi xenon??? i only see low and its 72$.... do i have to call? :s

vkheifets

I called to get the deal. I will put the new ones in tonight and try to post pics asap

Vitaly

stang0303
Car: Fresh Powder 2008 Nissan Versa S HB, and a Frost White 2007 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

I'm getting some 5,000k hids for my altima and versa. Versa will by bi xenon and just hids for the low beam on the altima. 5,000k is close to stock hid temp guy said. If you want a good set of hids and price go to http://www.hidguy.net. I'll post pics when im done.

vkheifets

WOW THEY ARE EXPENSIVE for the Bi Xenon

feloniousmonk

vkheifets wrote:WOW THEY ARE EXPENSIVE for the Bi Xenon
You think that's expensive. Back in 1999 they were over $600 for a kit.

If any of you want to buy HID kits, try http://ddmtuning.com, I know those guys and they offer lifetime warranty at no extra cost. That means if ballast or bulbs die, call them and you get free replacement.

4300k has best light output. The k rating is only a descriptor of light color, not of brightness. Also, anything over 4300k is colored, and more likely to draw Johnny law's attention to write you a bogus ticket in this so called "free" country.

Shad0wXCalibur
Car: Nissan Versa SL Sedan

....Are you sure it was 9007 type they sent by mistake? Because there is no way you can confuse 9007 with H4. My neon uses 9007 and the socket is completely different.

Shad0wXCalibur
Car: Nissan Versa SL Sedan

feloniousmonk wrote:
You think that's expensive. Back in 1999 they were over $600 for a kit.

If any of you want to buy HID kits, try http://ddmtuning.com, I know those guys and they offer lifetime warranty at no extra cost. That means if ballast or bulbs die, call them and you get free replacement.

4300k has best light output. The k rating is only a descriptor of light color, not of brightness. Also, anything over 4300k is colored, and more likely to draw Johnny law's attention to write you a bogus ticket in this so called "free" country.
Except it wouldn't be completely bogus because aftermarket HIDS are, in fact, illegal. And even with the shielded bi-xenons, you will still bother other drivers because the reflector is designed for the exact location of the filaments in an H4 halogen bulb. Not for a $200 blinding glow stick on an H4 base.

feloniousmonk

Shad0wXCalibur wrote:
Except it wouldn't be completely bogus because aftermarket HIDS are, in fact, illegal. And even with the shielded bi-xenons, you will still bother other drivers because the reflector is designed for the exact location of the filaments in an H4 halogen bulb. Not for a $200 blinding glow stick on an H4 base.
Yes, it is illegal. I never said it wasn't. And, just because there is a law saying you can't do X-Y-Z, it's never kept everyone from doing exactly that. So... what are we talking about?

I'm saying it's bogus because it's a pointless law. We paid for our vehicles/property, we ought to have the freedom to do whatever we wish. This society needs to stop acting like a nation of victims. If someone else's headlights are too bright, then look away and don't stare at them! Did we really need to have a law saying we can't have bright headlights instead? Every time we eat, there is a chance that we could choke and die. Has anyone ever thought to make food or eating illegal? Of course not, because that would be ridiculous! Same goes for a bazillion bogus laws out there.

vkheifets

The 9007 lights fits in there nice and the clip that holds the h4 also holds the 9007 very well. I know it was dumb of me but I did not think much of it as it is after market. It is not always the same looking as factory. I run a 6k I do not like the 4300k looks not right to me. This nation is full of dumb laws but that is what make US the US. Other nations do not care about anything and look at them. Love it or hate it this law has some logic. You can not just look away when oncoming traffic is blinding you.

I installed the new system and man is it nice. Photos are on there way I found a great area for the ballasts.

Vitaly

Versa350Z
Car: 08 350 Z / 08 Nissan Versa S

I would love better lighting on the Versa, since my 350Z lights up the night much better.. but as an alternative, I chose to buy the upgrade bulbs from Wal-Mart and got some improvement over stock... Was it worth the $20 or so I spent? To me it was and it doesn't have that dullish yellow look that the stock headlights seemed to produce.. Silver something something ultra is what I got I believe

Knightro2
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa SL

You probably got "Silver Star". Those are good bulbs. I had them in Xterra. Haven't bought them for my V yet but plan to.

stang0303
Car: Fresh Powder 2008 Nissan Versa S HB, and a Frost White 2007 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

I live in Florida and everyone has them around here. I've never heard them being illegal. I had them on my 03 mustang before and never got a ticket for them only for my doubled 5% tint . My bi xenon should be coming today or monday. If someone flashes me this time i'll just flash them with my hid high beams that'll teach them. Most old people around here don't understand what hids are. I think there good and if everyone had them they would reduce accidents and prevent eye strain. lol.

vkheifets

I am in ILL. I have had the after market ones on several of my cars and have never had a issue with the cops. They are built into the car how are they to know if they are factory or not. It is like my radar I have a K40 radar that is built into the car when I go in states that radar detectors are illegal there is nothing they can say or do about it. It is part of the car as far as they are concerned.

Vitaly

zm911
Car: Nissan Versa

Take a pic of your built in radarI want to see how its done and where cuz i was thinking of doing that too.

vkheifets

I have it done in my other cars not in this one yet. I plan to do it soon. I see you are in Lombad IL. The best and cheapest place to get it done is Car Wonders. They are in Palatine on Rand rd. 847-991-5900. A few hundred cheaper than any other shop I have found and all of the cars they have done for me are A+++++ work.

Vitaly

zm911
Car: Nissan Versa

Alright Thanks

Versa350Z
Car: 08 350 Z / 08 Nissan Versa S

A aftermarket radar built into a vehicle is NOT going to make it any less illegal vs a radar that is attached to your windshield with suction cups.

As for the aftermarket HID's.. I don't see the problem since other higher end vehicles such as luxury cars have them on it.
vkheifets wrote:I am in ILL. I have had the after market ones on several of my cars and have never had a issue with the cops. They are built into the car how are they to know if they are factory or not. It is like my radar I have a K40 radar that is built into the car when I go in states that radar detectors are illegal there is nothing they can say or do about it. It is part of the car as far as they are concerned.

Vitaly

vkheifets

I know it is still illegal but what makes them a expert as to what it is. It does not say radar anywhere. It is 2 LEDs in your gauge cluster and a factory looking switch mounted. What are they going to do take apart your car to prove it???? They just say the hell with it and move on.

hateidiots

you truly are an idioti think people like you lie awake at night thinking of ways to be an ***-holei know ill shine bright lights at people and act like they are the problemi hope you die a terrible death you jerkrot in hell

feloniousmonk

hateidiots wrote:you truly are an idioti think people like you lie awake at night thinking of ways to be an ***-holei know ill shine bright lights at people and act like they are the problemi hope you die a terrible death you jerkrot in hell
Grow a set of balls and use your real account. Coward.

feloniousmonk

Versa350Z wrote:As for the aftermarket HID's.. I don't see the problem since other higher end vehicles such as luxury cars have them on it.
Try using that line of reasoning with the authorities. The difference is the systems in luxury cars are original factory equipment and are DOT/government approved. The retrofit fit you install on your own is not. Since they don't have the fed's stamp of approval, they are deemed unsafe for use on public roads. The NHTSA ruling states specifically that retrofit HID kits are illegal for use and sale.

vkheifets

hateidiots wrote:you truly are an idioti think people like you lie awake at night thinking of ways to be an ***-holei know ill shine bright lights at people and act like they are the problemi hope you die a terrible death you jerkrot in hell
You are a fool. I did not say to do anything that would harm anybody. When you get new headlights you make sure they are set for the right height. Do you feel like a big man? You cant even say it to my face per say. You have to make a fake account.

stang0303

haha, well in response to hateidiots fake account and the fact that all we think about is flashing people umm hell no. The problem is is that most people with old out of date halogen lights know nothing about hids. They think your high beams are on just because the hid's are a brighter crisper light. I just got mine in and put them it. It makes the world of difference. makes everything clearer at night and a wider beam pattern as well. I have alreay have got alot of compliments from friends. It makes are versa's look more expensive too. lol

rafa2210
Car: 2004 nissan 350z roadster

did u install the proyector headlights too or just the HIDs?? do u have pictures or before and afteR? I want to see the difference of lighting on the road...

marleyfan
Car: Black Versa SL, CVT. Tech Package, 35% Tint, Window Visors, Spoiler

feloniousmonk wrote:
Grow a set of balls and use your real account. Coward.
Alright I'll say it with my own account. I agree with him. (well maybe not the rotting and dying part). It's a law designed to stop fools from blinding every other driver on the road just so they can look cool. Get over it. Law's are put into place for a reason. You seem to think the reason is just to piss you off. Get over yourself. Your freedom exists up to the point where it violates somebody else's.

vkheifets

Once again I must say nobody should be blinded if you install them correctly. The law is Bad when put in the hands of those who do not know what they are doing and install anyways. Why do you think I would want to blind or hurt people I just think there is nothing wrong with having a better view of the road.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”