Wiring diagram for 2011 Rogue SV

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
jahite
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SV

I am looking to install a rear view mirror with home link and auto dim, Has anyone completed this yet. Would be nice to have a wiring digram ??

ProudNissanFreak
Car: 2005 Imaginary WRX STi, 2003 Civic

You can check the FSM (my sig). A lot of them have wiring diagrams, etc.

jahite

I found the FSM thanks to you. My question is how do you read the codes to pdf's to find what your looking for ?

philipa_240sx

The FWD.pdf has the table of contents with a description of each section. It's also available via the 'Quick Reference Index' in the bookmarks on the LH side.

The GI section contains a 'How-to use this manual' including the wire color codes.

It's not that hard really.

DaveNAna
Car: 2011 Rogue SL AWD Super Black

jahite wrote:I am looking to install a rear view mirror with home link and auto dim, Has anyone completed this yet. Would be nice to have a wiring digram ??

Thank you

jahite

Didn't buy one yet, from all the info I get the Altima mirror will mount on the 2011 Rogue. Yes the 2011 Rogue Sv with the top package has the homelink mirror. min was the Sv with the premium package. If you have sun roof the wire is all there under the dome light and sunroof switch. You can get the wireing digam on line,

DaveNAna

jahite,

I have a fully loaded 2011 SL package and it didn't come with Homelink. I thought it did before we bought ours. Could have sworn I even saw it on Nissan's home page. After I bought it I couldn't find it online anymore. It's shown in the owner's manual but does not exist. I have no idea why they they show it in the manual. I confirmed that with the parts department at the dealership. He said he was disappointed it didn't come with it.

On one of the other posts a person confirmed that any Nissan Homelink from 2008 to 2011 will work. I notice from a few pictures of 08-11 homelinks that they have a plug receptacle on back. I'm wondering if my auto dimmer has the same plug and I can just swap the mirrors. that would be a lot better than having to get into the wiring.

jahite

Looked at my Rogue adv book, onlysays auto dimming mirror in your package. I also found it in the owners manuel.
As to you plug question, I think (not sure) that the plug is different.
I will look around, somewhere I found an site that showed installing a Homelink mirror.

My Rogue has a square slot in the overhead lite cover for the wires to go in, the mirror I looked at had a cover to cover the wires after installation. Yours may already have a cover.

jahite

Just to add here i a link for info
http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Rogue/2009/MIR.pdf
Give that a try

DaveNAna

Thank you for the information. If the plugs are different I'll have to decide what i want to do. If I do not have the harness for the 453 I'll probably reuse the plug for the homelink. There is another post on here where person did the install and lists when wires go where and it looks like they should match up.

Wiring-
1.Battery HOT Harness color is yellow..connect to Gentex (pin 10) lower left hand corner (Homelink power)
2.Ignition switchedharness color is red.. connect to Gentex (pin 6) lower right hand corner (Mirror power, compass)
3. Ground Black/black. (pin 8) lower center

On another forum the back of the homelink used the same 3 pins as ours does with the auto dimming feature for the GENTXS 453 mirror.

Pulled the connector. The ten pin socket only uses 3 wires. Looking at the connector from where the wires enter, bottom row [opposite the release tab] Left = Yellow = HomeLink power
Space
Center = Black = Ground
Space
Right = Red = Mirror power/compass

jahite

Let me know how it goes with teh installation. I will more that lickley do this soon myself.

DaveNAna

I ordered the mirror Friday. Hope to have it early next week and I'll let you know how it goes.

jahite

great-did you order from Nissna ? If so can you give the the info and part number.

philipa_240sx

There is an extensive thread on rearview mirror upgrades with part no's in the Rogue Glossary. Here is the direct link:

add-powered-rear-view-mirror-with-compass-t307929.html

96321-CB00A - 08-09 Rogue rearview mirror with Homelink, Compass, and Auto-Dim

Note: I am not sure if this mirror comes with the harness.

DaveNAna

I ordered my mirror from ebay. There are a lot of GNTX-453 mirrors on there. You just need to buy the harness. I found out that the auto-dimming mirror is a 7 flat and not the 10 pin connector shown the the FSM. I ordered the harness from Wembley on ebay last night. He also carries a lot of the mirrors. I'm going ot follow mstrmstr's advice and plug into the harness behind the moonroof controls

jahite

Sounds great keep me posted. Can you take shome photos of the install and pass along ?

DaveNAna

I'll take the pics and pass along. I got the harness last night and was reading the instructions. GENTEX recommends you use the same wire for the Homelink that you use for the auto-dimmer so that the homelink is not on when the ignition is off. I was looking at my truck, that has the Homelink, and there are only 2 wires ( black/yellow and a black) using a 7 flat. The Rogue has 2 wires ( black/yellow and a black) using the 7 flat. I'm going to plug in my truck's mirror 1st and see if it works. If it does I may just keep that mirror on the Rogue and put the one I bought on my truck and reqire the truck.

I I make the harness swap on the Rogue I plan on popping off the moon roof/map light assembly and looking for the wires there before going to the cover that is under the sun visor. I'm thinking I will just tap into the 2 wires like GENTEX recommends. I'll post pictures of the install when I do it.

jahite

great look forward to your install. Bu the way how do you like the gas at $4.29 gallon. my Sv is doing about 25 in town and 31.9 on road. Not bad-had Toyota Camery Hybrid before and it averaged 34.9 for the full 32000 miles before lease turn in-Maybe should have kept it.

DaveNAna

Ok, I put the Homelink in today. The wiring part was a lot easier than the programing. I had to contact Homelink because my Genie garage door opener uses a rolling code.

So, I had to pop the panel behind my visor and get to the connector there.

I then took out the light/sunroof switch panel.
Thre panel pops out with a screw driver and the light cover pulls off. You then push in the 4 tabs to drop the light down to get to this part of the connector. Which I unplugged from the sunroof motor controller
I spliced the red wire of the GNTX harness to the Pink wire on the harness and black to black.
Then spliced in yellow to same Pink wire. (Recommended by Gentex to not allow operation w/o ignition
Then put the harness back in:
And hid wire behind cover on mirror. Done with install part:
Programming was more difficult. Instructions from Gentex and from Genie book didn't work. Therefore, I called Homelink and the assistant knew exactly what to do. In 4 minutes she had me up and running. I'd recommend calling them if you have any issues with programing since each garage door opener could be different.

jahite

Thanks for the feedback and info. Were you sending pictures ? Below each work statement I have a running circle like it's trying to load a photo-but nothing every comes up

Thanks
Jack

DaveNAna

There are pictures below each item. I can see them when I open up this thread. Can you see pictures from other posters on other threads? It may be a privacy setting. I loaded the pictures on my laptop at home from photobucket and am at my work PC now.

jahite

No pictures on the first thread, but did see them on the second thread this am. Thanks-looks like a neat job-maybe you can go in the business

jahite

DaveNAna wrote:There are pictures below each item. I can see them when I open up this thread. Can you see pictures from other posters on other threads? It may be a privacy setting. I loaded the pictures on my laptop at home from photobucket and am at my work PC now.

jahite

I tried to find the Wembley yu bought the mirror from ? Can you give me a lead

jahite

Just thought I would add a few notes on installing the mirror. I got a GenTex 536 from E Bay came from 2011 Hyundia Gensis with harness. The wires were Red ,Black ,Yellow and Pink.
If your Rouge has Sunroof powered you have an access panel behind Drivers sunvisor. Open it and find the connector that feeds cabin lights and Sunroof.
The color codes on the Nissan here are Red is +12volt constant,, Black for Gnd, Pink is +12 volt switched power, thats' all you need to connect the mirror.

I had a Yellow wire for the reverese sensor for the undimming of the mirror in reverse. Didn't need it for install-just tape it off. Very easy install about 20 minutes then set compass and set up homelink from your Car Owners Manuel

Return to “Rogue Forum”