Windshield Wiper Pump - Not working

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
student
Car: Nissan Rouge 2011

Year of vehicle -- 2011 Nissan Rogue SL Leather/Nav Package
2011 Nissan Rogue SV
2.5L 2500CC L4 FI
Mileage/Kilometers 70k miles

So I am not a mechanic, rather an engineer and found that my windshield washer pump was not turning on or displaying the PFFFFFFFFF sound, refilled the fluid. Nada out the front or the back. Figured I would check the fuse, unflipped the fuses, 2nd from the left is the washer fluid pump, tested good, still replaced the fuse to be sure. Then after that didnt work I ordered the part. Went over to nissan website, obtained the part number, ordered it for 27$ and bam back in business, just ran home to replace it. Hooked it up power wise before installing it and i didnt hear that sound again. It doesnt look like any of these are working or its power issue? The car is in great shape but I am lost as to where the issue is. Could anyone shed some light?

The fluid/noise is not made when I try and wash the front or the back. Replaced the fuse, nothing, replaced the motor for the pump, nothing after the top power was hooked up. Nissan wants 150 for diagnostics and I mean I am all for their fees but would like to fix it myself. Anyone have any ideas? Can supply pictures and everything.

sprocket

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Rogue/2011/

Scroll down to WW (Wiper & Washer), and look at page WW-37 and WW-39 (WW-39 has it all one 1 page, I'd use that).

The washer pump system is a simple system. Ignition switched fuse, mechanical switch (front vs rear reverses the polarity within the combination switch) and washer pump.

I trust you'll be able to follow it through. Use a voltmeter, disconnect the combination switch and:
- make sure the harness connector to switch has ignition power at pin #14, ground at pin #12

Also disconnect the washer pump and:
- make sure there's continuity between the washer pump and switch

Finally, verify the actual switch is operating correctly:
- make sure the switch internal contacts work per WW-31 when set to front wash , rear wash

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

check the voltage going to the motor. this is probably a column switch issue. (the switch on the steering column)

TaiLuu
Car: 2009 Nissan Murano LE AWD
2011 Nissan Rogue SV AWD
2014 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum

I don't know if the front and rear have independent motors, but if they don't the I believe that might be a switch issue. Btw, what are the temperatures over there like?

rayjgold
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue, SL package AWD

Hey, I have the same issue with my 2011 Rogue. But mine is intermittent. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. When it works, it works for both the front and back, the opposite is true as well. Any updates or insights on this? I have about 55k mile. This car is in good condition......surprised that some many small things are malfunctioning like this.

bassinbill42
Car: 2002 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab V6

I had the same problem in my 2013 Nissan Rogue. I checked the nozzles the hoses made sure I have plenty of fluid inside the reservoir. I also checked the fuse and replaced it even though the fuse with that continuity with another fuse still no dice. I ordered a windshield washer pump. I install windshield washer pump still no operation. I took a look at the PDF file and I ordered a combination switch from eBay. I will be installing that bad boy sometime today. I will keep you all posted.

RogueTX
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL FWD

Did the new switch fix it?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

It probably did. The WW motor on most Nissans is different from every other circuit inside the combination switch. The other circuits all go through the BCM, but most of the time the WW switch drives the WW motor directly. That means they can have the same problem of gradual contact degradation as any switch that direct-drives a motor. The easy test is to put a test light across the pump contacts. If you know the fuse is good but the light doesn't light, you can be fairly sure the switch is faulty.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

PS - Your '14 Rogue definitely has that setup. You can find the wiring diagrams starting on page WW-22 here:
https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual ... 4%2FWW.pdf

Notice that the front washer motor wires come off the combo switch all by their lonesomes, all the other switch wires connect to the BCM.

Return to “Rogue Forum”