Windshield washer fluid tank

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
Juelze
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue 360 AWD

Hi there,

Just curious about the inside of the Versa's windshield fluid tank. As you may know, someone hit my car about a month ago and it was sent in for repair. Anyway, one of the tabs on the windshield washer fluid tank was broken so a new windshield fluid tank was installed in my car. Anyway, I was filling the fluid level the other day and noticed that the long neck that connects to the windshield tank has, what appears to be, a spool of black electrical tape. Not sure if that is how it should look or not but I was curious if anyone has what appears to be electrical tape around where the neck of the windshield washer fluid tank connects to the main tank. Any info is appreciated!

-Ryan

lain
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S

I'll check mine out today, doesn't sound right but I wouldn't be surprised.

BBISHOPPCM
Car: 2006 Murano S/AWD w/ Convenience Package

No, they hacked it. I would request a new filler pipe.

Juelze

BBISHOPPCM wrote:No, they hacked it. I would request a new filler pipe.
Did you check under the hood of yours? Just curious if you did or not. If you did, thanks for taking the time to check for me. If you didn't, then I would ask you check under the hood before posting. Just to clarify, when you open the windshield washer fluid there is a long flexible plastic tube that snakes down the FILLER neck. The filler neck connects to the windshield washer reservoir. Where the windshield washer reservoir and filler neck connection, it looks like a spool of electrical tape is there connecting the two. Not 100% sure if that's what it is or not, but appearance wise, it looks like electrical tape.

Sorry to sound abrasive. But I don't know if you checked under your hood or not, and if you didn't, then you shouldn't post.

Juelze

Brought my car in today and they said it's a 2 piece setup (filler neck + reservoir) and that it's a rubber gasket connection the 2 pieces with some tape wrapped around. Can anyone verify that is what is setup on their Versas? I'd like to know if I was being jerked around or not by my dealership and I didn't want to call them out on it and ask to see a brand new Versa as I know people here can help.

Again, I would greatly appreciate any help!

-Ryan

BBISHOPPCM
Car: 2006 Murano S/AWD w/ Convenience Package

Sorry, I should've clarified. My car does not have electrical tape. It does have a rubber gasket. I physically checked when I posted my reply.

marleyfan
Car: Black Versa SL, CVT. Tech Package, 35% Tint, Window Visors, Spoiler

Just had a look at mine. There is a rubber gasket that appears to be covered with a narrow piece of electrical tape. Sounds like yours is normal.

KimberKenobi
Car: the Camel

without taking the Camel apart... this is the best picture I could get...is that what you're talking about?!?

Juelze

KimberKenobi wrote:without taking the Camel apart... this is the best picture I could get...is that what you're talking about?!?
Yes, Kimber! Thank you and everyone else who responded to this post. The way the gasket looked in the garage and seeing that little bit of black tape on it made it seems like electrical tape. Here I thought they jerry-rigged my windshield washer fluid tank. Ugh, I got angry and made an arse out of myself with this one. I'm going to crawl in a corner and hide now. :-\

-Ryan

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

The only bad question is the one you don't ask. What if it was electrical tape that a dealership jerry rigged? Then it would come off and probably clog the pump, or make the pump cavitate, in which case the dealership would have blamed you and charged you for the repair..

Always ask.

WD

KimberKenobi
Car: the Camel

Believe me... I make an arse of myself at the dealership often... I also get alot accomplished with them... Hmmm... Not sure if that's a positive correlation...

Return to “Versa General Chat”