will toyota rims fit a nissan

1980-1986 Datsun 720 forums. All 720-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
snakecbaker
Car: 1985 nissan 720 king cab 2wd

iam looking at buying a set of 6 lug toyota rims off of a 4wd and was wonting to know if they would fit before i bought them. There in decentshap and a good deal at only 100 for the whole set. iam looking to puting them on a 1985 nissan 720 in the winter. i think they came off a 1990 toyota tundra.

seven-20
Car: 720 shortbox 2wd

pterry sure they will fit. As long as the center bore is 4in.

markhu
Car: 1982 Datsun diesel pickup

Yes, I did exactly that just a few weeks ago. The 6-hole spacing is the same. The stance-spacing is wider for the Toyota rims--which is actually why I got them to address the problem of the Xterra rims which rubbed the tires on the frame if I hit a bump and/or turned sharply. The difference is visually apparent: the Toyota rims appear "deep-dished" while the Nissan rims appeared more "flush" with the hubs.

The only nagging disappointment with these Toyota rims is that the little center-hub caps won't fit on. It has to do with the shape of the hub that shows through the big center hole of the rim. I bet they could be made to work if I could find a perforated-ring hub spacer. Something like this: Note that this is not needed for operation --just cosmetic.

snakecbaker
Car: 1985 nissan 720 king cab 2wd

thanks for the help guys iam sure iam going to get them the guy just told me he would trade for the mag rims i have for a 1978 ford. i no long have the ford and i realy need a set of the winter on the nissan sence iam going to polish and paint the stock st rims. the salt and sinders are hard on rims here in west virginia

85 720

Hey, not to revive an old thread but I want to upgrade my rims on my 720. My problem is though that I have automatic hubs that come out the center of the rim since it is a 4x4. I was wondering with the rims I get how do I work around that detail? Or is the hub thing 100.0/4in and will go through the hole in the center with no problem?

Return to “Datsun 720”