why is it so hard to find LSx swap info?

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
prestage3ek

Ive been in the Honda game for 10 years. Recently saw a 240sx with a 302 in it, and im now obsessed with trying to start a project. What im having a hard time finding though is people posting stuff about the more detailed aspects of the swap itself. Like for example wiring? How do you wire 4 more injectors, 4 more spark plug wires into an engine harness that only has 4 to begin with? How do you run the ECU for the LS motor with a 240 wiring harness? Does the LS motor have other sensors not found on the 240sx (oil pressure sending unit? Crankshaft position sensor? TPS sensor?) I have found this forum and 240sxforums, also I have seen someone mention LStech, but that seems mostly to talk about domestic applications and not import applications. There are a bunch of video's on YouTube with people having cars with this swap, but where's the info? Thanks.

prestage3ek

also are you guys using stock clutches or are you upgrading to something different? I have always used ACT clutches on my Honda and am looking for suggestions for an LSx clutch.

cnichols
Car: 96 Nissan 240SX, 99 Infiniti Q45, 93 Ford Fastiva

prestage3ek wrote:Ive been in the Honda game for 10 years. Recently saw a 240sx with a 302 in it, and im now obsessed with trying to start a project. What im having a hard time finding though is people posting stuff about the more detailed aspects of the swap itself. Like for example wiring? How do you wire 4 more injectors, 4 more spark plug wires into an engine harness that only has 4 to begin with? How do you run the ECU for the LS motor with a 240 wiring harness? Does the LS motor have other sensors not found on the 240sx (oil pressure sending unit? Crankshaft position sensor? TPS sensor?) I have found this forum and 240sxforums, also I have seen someone mention LStech, but that seems mostly to talk about domestic applications and not import applications. There are a bunch of video's on YouTube with people having cars with this swap, but where's the info? Thanks.
The great thing about the 240sx (S14 at least) is that the engine harness can be separated from the rest of the car with one plug and not affect the chassis. And, the reason the LSx is such a perfect fit is that it's factory harness can also be separated from the chassis with ease and turned into a standalone harness by simply giving a few pink wires and a red wire or two power from wherever you choose. Some will be switched power, some will be constant. But, that is why LS1Tech is a valuable resource. Swapping an LSx into any chassis is basically the same. Feel free to PM with any further questions related to this swap and I can help you out or feel free to make threads in this forum and I will try to respond in a more timely manner.

As far as clutches, because the LS series uses a much larger diameter flywheel and clutch than imports, it does not need to be unsprung or have exotic materials to hold big power. I'm using a stock LS7 clutch and flywheel on my setup and it has not slipped at all on a car that runs 120+ mph in the 1/4 and makes probably 450 crank hp.

rb25drag
Car: 1990 Nissan 240SX 5.3 Chevy + 60mm turbo + blow threw carb.

Best information on the net for 240sx v8 swaps is silviav8 forums, awesome guys over there and if you search I bet you can find all ur answers.

Promise Land
Car: 2011 Nissan Versa
2001 Chevy Suburban
1992 Ford Mustang

Mr. Nichols, any chance you'll be at Import Alliance in Nashville? I may pick up a '95 S14 in the next couple weeks and I would love to look at yours in person and ask questions before I attempt mine in a year.

Return to “Hybrids”