Why didn't I know about this sooner?

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
megalodon
Car: 2003 G35 6MT
2012 G37s 7AT Convertible

Back in January I bought a used 2012 G37s Convertible automatic with crazy miles on it, 70k. (immaculate, maintained, and CHEAP!) Anyhoo, The performance just wasn't what I was hoping. It lagged, Jerked, always looking for the right gear, etc. Coming from a 6MT G35, I just chocked it up to being an automatic. I read about transmission updates for earlier models but not the 2012. Then for whatever reason last week, I learned that resetting the ECU will make the car "forget" the driver's profile (driving style). So I did it. Push the start button, press the gas pedal to the floor a few times and done, ECU reset. HOLY CRAP!! Its a brand new car! It drives like it's suppose to. Quick, smooth, and fun. Apparently the car learns your drive style and adjusts for gas millage. Screw that, if I wanted good gas millage I would have gotten a Prius. I think I'll be resetting the ECU every 6 months or so.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”