which is faster?

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
sil_15
Car: drifting...gunfighting..

which is faster fastbacks or coupes? and whats the difference? (91-93 v.s. 95) stock timeings?

Zydeco
Car: The poster formerly know as -]sTm[-HeavyHips

I dont know much about the fastback and the coupes. But I was thinking about it and the fast back has a realy big peice of glass n the back, where the coupes have sheet metal, so i think that the coupes is a little lighter then the fastback. One the other hand i head that the fastback is more aerodinamic. by the time you would worrie about the drag factor of your car, you might want a worie about the weight.

Daunttless

They're both about the same, and they're both just about as fast as each other. : )

SpeedRacer1
Car: 1990 240SX, G35

In other words if your a fat a$$ then your car may be slower than the competition (whether it be a coupe or FB)

No offense to the big people though I love you all and you love me too.

95_240sx
Car: My baby (car)

Bottom line is: dont keep your car stock, get a Ka24DET :D

Rick

drifter
Car: Drifting, cars, etc.

95_240sx wrote:Bottom line is: dont keep your car stock, get a Ka24DET :D

Rick

Yeah, sooooooo much easier said than done.

Anand

drifter wrote:Yeah, sooooooo much easier said than done.

that's what I'm sayin!

drifter
Car: Drifting, cars, etc.

Hey black240

You and I pretty much live in the same area...let's say we organize some meets in our area?

Your name is Anand, right?

Good240
Car: Cars, Music, Movies

The difference between the coupe and the fastback should be small enough that any speed difference could easily be just in the driver'...(Weight and Skill)

Movingviolation240
Car: Big boost and flying are 2 of the 3 things I can't turn down

Daunttless wrote:They're both about the same, and they're both just about as fast as each other. : )

Your only saying that because you got the ugly "fat lady in a bikini" coupe.

I mean that car has a bigger A$$ than I do! Not to mention the chassis regidity of a bowl of jello thanks to that big flexy glass hatch in the back (ever notice the hatches creak more than the man cars.... I mean the coupe)

It's all up to personal preference, but remember, they never made a 'silvia' hatchback hehe

later,

PaulOrlando, FL

Goodbar6

Haha, paul, thats too funny.Tyler

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

ahaha. true enough....but the sil80 was a h/b

so there :D-chet

Movingviolation240
Car: Big boost and flying are 2 of the 3 things I can't turn down

Sileighty....... well the Rans RV4 is a Harmon rocket...... what's your point neither was a factory option......

It's just an excuse for people to try to make their ugly hatches look like the cool coupe.

PaulOrlando, FL

penguinmafia
Car: 98 240 91 MR2T

Rumor has it that the hatch is "stiffer" than the coupe... now do we believe every rumor we hear..no..I don’t think its going to matter which one is more aerodynamic unless you plan to do more than 100+ in racing conditions...so it is all person preferenceI use the S13 hatch in SCCA races and autocrosses, but I have never driven a coupe so I couldn’t tell you from experience. Just telling you what I have heard… good luck finding what you want.

S15RACER
Car: Nissan Silvia, and other sports cars. RC car racing

Movingviolation240 wrote:Your only saying that because you got the ugly "fat lady in a bikini" coupe.

I mean that car has a bigger A$$ than I do! Not to mention the chassis regidity of a bowl of jello thanks to that big flexy glass hatch in the back (ever notice the hatches creak more than the man cars.... I mean the coupe)

It's all up to personal preference, but remember, they never made a 'silvia' hatchback hehe

later,

PaulOrlando, FL

Oh come on, the fastback looks twice as good as that ugly square backed POS coupe. And in the first sentence, you do mean hatchback, not coupe, right?

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

sil80 was a factory option dude. you could buy it direct.

-chet

jrc90240sx

Coupe's look strange with a rounded 180sx front end with a square back side. but they do look really good the way they were spose to be, that is with the silvia front end. the hatch on the other hand looks good like its JDM borther the 180sx(good looking), and it also looks good with any of the silvia front ends from either the s13, s14, or s15 (sil80). I personly love all of these cars in just about any way you can find them.

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”