Which Injectors for 1994 Q45?

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
justjuiceit4
Car: 1993 Nissan 240SXs, (Coupe and Convertible) 1994 Infiniti Q45

So I realize that the 1994 and up Q45s have the different style from the earlier Q's. I have seen two different styles of the Phase II injectors and was wondering which is the correct one and/or which works the best. The first style I have seen which seems to look like the OEM tan injectors look like this: Image

The newer style looks like this:

Notice that the newer style has the filter in a much lower location than the original OEM one. Seems to me that that the OEM style has more filter area and would last longer without cleaning. However, I am not sure exactly where the fuel in flowing inside the rail.

OwnerCS

I bought some Phase II BWD injectors roughly 4 years ago that, outside of being larger and purple, look like the injectors bodies in the picture below. I ordered a $34 refurbish kit to replaced the screens, o-rings, and pintle caps for my 99 Maxima's injectors in the picture below. I'm seeing the pintle caps disintegrate on older Phase II injectors. It happens..

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

Good catch on that! I don't know that it makes that much of a difference - the fuel flows around the injectors between the O-rings at a fairly high pressure and volume. I assume that there's a reason Deatsch made the changes. I'm pretty convinced that Deatchwerks is sourcing their injectors from BWD - they started selling their own aftermarket replacements shortly after testing a set of BWDs for me in '08. I've been running those in my '90 for about 5 years now - but with very low miles in service... I drive my truck more than the Q now.

They seem to be pretty good replacements. Getting the flow report from Deatschwerks with the injectors is a big plus. Match them as closely as possible per bank, since the ECU makes pulse width adjustments based on the overall feedback it gets from the O2 sensor for that side. The note on Deatschwerks web site is wrong about needing an adapter for the 91-94 Q45... that should read 91-93. The 90-93 had one style of injector - and the 94-96 another... so if these will work on a '95, then they'll work on your '94.

Heath

dnudelman
Car: 1994 Q45 Silver/Grey

I'm running the Standard Motor Products injectors from Rockauto since January. Same manufacture as BWD, I believe just a different brand for marketing purposes. New about $50 each. Its my understanding the ethananol in our gas caused coil failure, so I wouldn't bother with "remanufactured" AFAIK they don't replace the coils in the "remanufacturing process". I have a 94 also.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”