Which Infiniti Coupe Should I Buy (Please Help)

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
grittysoul

I'm new to the site but been lurking for a year.

I'm looking to buy a G37x 2010 and my two options are:

2010 Infiniti G37x coupe in white
Price $26 OOO
KM 37 OOO
Or

2010 Infiniti G37x coupe in black
Price $28 OOO
KM 52 OOO

Buying from Infiniti dealership (does that help?)

I don't understand why the white color has lower km and lower price but it is the same year and AWD.

Both cars have the power train warranty for 6 years which is expiring in 2015 in the fall and they did mention I can purchase extension for warranty.

I love the black color but I'm thinking is the 52 OOO km to much for $28 OOO ?

What would you do and what is the best decision ? Or is the pricing bad on both for the year and kms used?

Please guys would help and I'm ultimately basing my decision on your input

Cheers

Happy new year

onegabigirl
Car: 2008 Altima coupe 2.5S

Hey Grittysoul,
Welcome to the Nico forums. I'm not sure where you're located, but both prices seem high. I bought my 2010 G37 coupe journey ( fully loaded) with 27,000 miles for $24,000 and I've seen other people with better deals. I've seen some 2012 for about $25,000-26,000. That being said I didn't buy mine as a CPO or from an Infiniti dealership. I know the X's are slightly more expensive then the RWD ones, but I'm not sure their that much more expensive. I'm sure other forum members will voice their opinions. I hope this helps and good luck with the car search!!! :)

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

grittysoul wrote:I'm new to the site but been lurking for a year.

I'm looking to buy a G37x 2010 and my two options are:

2010 Infiniti G37x coupe in white
Price $26 OOO
KM 37 OOO
Or

2010 Infiniti G37x coupe in black
Price $28 OOO
KM 52 OOO

Buying from Infiniti dealership (does that help?)

I don't understand why the white color has lower km and lower price but it is the same year and AWD.

Both cars have the power train warranty for 6 years which is expiring in 2015 in the fall and they did mention I can purchase extension for warranty.

I love the black color but I'm thinking is the 52 OOO km to much for $28 OOO ?

What would you do and what is the best decision ? Or is the pricing bad on both for the year and kms used?

Please guys would help and I'm ultimately basing my decision on your input

Cheers

Happy new year
Price a new one

I'm assuming you have the $28k for the used one?

New $$$ minus $28k = ?
Example
$40k- $28k = $12k
12k divided by 120 months or 10 years of ownership of a brand new vehicle with a warranty = $100 per month

No worries about the care or lack of care of a pre owned vehicle

Even if you finance part of the purchase from IFS and pay it off early you will increase your credit score.

Good luck

Telcoman

Starter
Car: 13 G37X sedan
11 G37S sedan

Decide which of the two you want and then begin negotiations for that car. Unless you've already negotiated over price, you should be able to buy either car for much less than they are asking. Do your research on current selling prices in your area. It'll give you an idea of where to go with your offer. Start low, you can always go up but you can't go back down. DO NOT finance through the dealer - they will find a way to get any savings you negotiate back in the interest rate or elsewhere. Have your financing lined up before you start talking, cash is best if you can do it.

Kendahl
Car: 2008 G37S, Blue Slate, Premium, Navigation

Do these cars have the same option packages? If the white car is pretty much a stripper while the black car is loaded, that could explain the lower asking price for the white one.

If you need financing, shop around for the best interest rate. Usually, a credit union will have the best deal and the dealer will have the worst. But not always. Years ago, I bought a one-year-old RX-7 from a Chevrolet dealer. The dealer offered financing through a local bank in a poor part of town. Their rate was better than anything I found elsewhere.

Since you listed the mileages in kilometers rather than miles, I wonder if you live in Canada. If so, you need to compare the dealer's asking prices with other Canadian prices. I grew up there and moved to the US 45 years ago. As I remember, prices for consumer goods were higher in Canada than in the US. A Ford built at their plant in Oakville, Ontario cost more in Niagara Falls, Ontario than in Niagara Falls, New York even after correcting for the exchange rate between the two currencies. When you shop for a loan, the lender should be able to suggest a fair price after you give them detailed information about the two cars and their options.

Southern
Car: 2013 Infiniti G37 Journey Coupe w/Premium and Navigation packages

32,000 KM (22,000 miles) is low miles for a 2010. You need to tell us some more.
Same equip?
And are you Canadian? Are you buying in Canada?

If you are buying in the US, the exchange rate really sucks right now.We were just about at parity Dollar/Loony but now a US dollar is worth about $1.20 Canadian.
20% is a big deal!

Assuming the same equip the White one sounds better.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”