Where is the location of the fuel pressure regulator

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
baurox
Car: 99' Infinity Qx4

Hello -

I've been having some starting issues, where the car cranks but doesnt turn over right away, takes a couple times. But if i turn the key on 2-3x without cranking it, it will start up. I replaced the fuel pump the other day, filter was replaced about 7k miles ago. Now I want to swap out the fuel pressure regulator, but I have no idea where that's located.

Honestly, I'm a noob to this car, so if someone can please post an image or two in regards to the location, that would be awesome. I've been googling all morning, and can't seem to find a picture from a pathfinder or QX4 in regards to the fuel pressure regulator.

Thanks a bunch!

Towncivilian
Car: 2001.5 Pathfinder SE 3.5L 2WD A/T
2007 Altima 2.5L CVT
2012 Sentra 2.0L CVT Special
2012 G37 Sedan 7A/T

Have you tried replacing the fuel pump relay with another of the same color, first?

Welcome to NICO!

baurox

I have not, and I was going to do that, but couple people told me the relay has nothing to do w/ it starting since that part was electrical...etc. I'll give it a shot, would i know if the relay is bad or not before replacing it ?

Also FYI, once I go throughout my day (after the initial startup), the car more or less starts up fine and quick. So IDK

baurox

and also, arent relays lifetime parts ? (technically)

Towncivilian
2007 Altima 2.5L CVT
2012 G37 Sedan 7A/T

I've had my A/C relay die.

The relay could be sticking in certain cases. It's worth a try I think, a relay is cheaper than a fuel regulator.

baurox

Ok, ill give it a shot.

Now, the pump is working when i turn the key, like i hear it...that's how i know the car will start after say 2-3x in the morning when i start my day. So can the relay still be at fault somewhat in that case?

Towncivilian
2007 Altima 2.5L CVT
2012 G37 Sedan 7A/T

A procedure for checking fuel pressure and the fuel pressure regulator (along with its location) is shown on page EC-32 of the factory service manual, if the relay accomplishes nothing. Since you hear the fuel pump prime when you turn the ignition to "ON", the relay is most likely not at fault. Also, make sure you didn't install the fuel filter backwards by mistake - they are often directional.

baurox

Well the fuel filter was done by jiffy lube and since its been over 7k miles so don't think It's backwards since only now I'm experiencing issues.

Now, I found out the regulator is under the valve cover, so ill be checking that out tomorrow.

Today was really bad, it took a solid 20 mins to start the car from a cold start, late to work an everything. I have no codes, no black smoke, no crud on sparks..etc. so I'm still lost somewhere...

What about the fuel pump valve? I don't think it's in the tank, cause when switched out the pump, it only had the pump and fuel gauge on the device.

Any other ideas are helpful from anyone please, thanks

RogeAltima
Car: 2003 nissan altima 5 speed 2.5

Hello I'm having the same problem ... exactly the same.. just wanted to know if you already fix it..
what was it ???
i already check out the relay, and replace the fuel pump..
should i replace or clean the fuel regulator ??
thanks !

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”