When you put ur car in reverse while side mirror selector in the middle...

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
woo
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35x

Is it normal for both right and left side mirror to stay still when the selector is in the middle? I notice that the mirror goes down which ever side the selector is selected.

iPencil

Yep, that's normal.In fact that's how I keep mine because my mirrors do that click...click...click... when I put it in reverse with the selector on either side.

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

Indeed the mirrors don't move when the switch is in the neutral position.
iPencil wrote:Yep, that's normal.In fact that's how I keep mine because my mirrors do that click...click...click... when I put it in reverse with the selector on either side.
Uhh, that means you need a mirror. Do both of them do it or just one?

Nice avatar. Looks like you caught the gauge sweep at the perfect point.

woo

Thanks guys...

iPencil

SteveTheTech wrote:Indeed the mirrors don't move when the switch is in the neutral position.

Uhh, that means you need a mirror. Do both of them do it or just one?

Nice avatar. Looks like you caught the gauge sweep at the perfect point.
They both do it.

And yes , my avatar is a pic of the gauge sweep. (But you weren't supposed to know that)

EcstaSPT

Can it be rewired to where both mirrors go down when either the left or right side is selected?

woo

EcstaSPT wrote:Can it be rewired to where both mirrors go down when either the left or right side is selected?
Good question....I wonder if thats possible.

rsg123
Car: 2006 M45 Sport

iPencil wrote:Yep, that's normal.In fact that's how I keep mine because my mirrors do that click...click...click... when I put it in reverse with the selector on either side.
My mirrors do that too. What's wrong with them?

kmk786
Car: 2015 Q70L
2006 M45 Sport - SOLD

iPencil wrote:They both do it.

And yes , my avatar is a pic of the gauge sweep. (But you weren't supposed to know that)
Hey Guys - my car doesn't do a gauge sweep .....is this something I enable or standard upon starting? Does the key need to be in the slot for this to happen?

Double E
Car: '04 M45 Dark Blue., NAV

Read the owner's manual? It's in mine ...but mine is the first gen.....Apologies if you do not have one...

I've also found that it will click if the mirror adjustment is already at a low position when the car is put into reverse. I do not think it is an issue.

The00Dustin
Car: 2006 M45

Double E wrote:Read the owner's manual? It's in mine ...but mine is the first gen.....Apologies if you do not have one...
2nd Gen (2006-???) has it, I'm assuming you meant ???-2004 when you said 1st Gen, unless those were M45s and these are Ms. I don't know about 2008 plus (is 2008 a different generation than 2006? I would have assumed not), as I haven't been in a 2008 M, but I do know they changed the dash. I can say I have seen a 2003 G do it, and I know base 2008 Gs do not have the "driver excitement" functionality.

Double E
Car: '04 M45 Dark Blue., NAV

Yes. As far as modern day Ms go (ignoring the M30), 03-04 was 1st gen. I do not know what years comprise follow on generations but it is on Wiki.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

We treat the 2003/2004 M45 and the 2006+ M35/M45 to fall into this forum. Since they are either based on the Gloria/Cedric (2003 and 2004) or Fuga (2006+) in Japan. They are the Y34 and Y50 platforms. So, for all intents and purposes, the 2003/2004 is the first-gen M and the 2006+ is the second-gen M. The 2011 will be the third-gen M.

The old 1990+ M30 is based on the Leopard and is discussed in the I30/M30 forum: zeroforum/178 instead of here. We also keep the multiple generations of the Q45 - some generations of which were based on the President and some on Cima - in a separate forum.

Not that this is a hard rule per se - just how we have chosen to do it.

Note that we have considered splitting this M forum into two subforums: one for the 2003/2004 M45 and one for the 2006+ M35/45. Unfortunately, given the low volume of the early model sales, splitting that off would create a mostly quiet forum there. Plus, it is good to discuss the M in general in a single forum. Hence, we have chosen to not do that ... for now.

Z

rsg123

Double E wrote:Read the owner's manual? It's in mine ...but mine is the first gen.....Apologies if you do not have one...

I've also found that it will click if the mirror adjustment is already at a low position when the car is put into reverse. I do not think it is an issue.
My mirrors are always in a normal position. I suppose since I am tall I have them set slightly lower than a short person, but I don't think this should have such an effect. If my car was still under factory warranty I would bring this up with the dealer.

jazzy m45
Car: 2006 Infiniti M45 Umbria Gray Adv. Tech

kmk786 wrote:
Hey Guys - my car doesn't do a gauge sweep .....is this something I enable or standard upon starting? Does the key need to be in the slot for this to happen?
06 M45...Gauge sweep every startup. I've never put my key in that little slot, so that's not the key (pun only half-intended).

I don't know how to fix it, but I do know it's supposed to do it.

Mitgoman1
Car: 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport

If your mirrors are still doing the click....click....click. Just count how many times they are clicking it and while the car is in reverse tap the clicking mirror up however many times it's clicking and that should solve it. It happened to me, and no it's not normal!

EcstaSPT

EcstaSPT wrote:Can it be rewired to where both mirrors go down when either the left or right side is selected?
Anyone?

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

iPencil wrote:They both do it.

It looks like you might need some mirrors. If you are still covered under warranty get it fixed asap. In service dates are coming up on some of the early 06 models and the cars are running out of warranty and the mirrors are about 650/ea.

It took me a while to decipher your avatar I looked at it and at first was like damn that's impressive, however the top gear is not 1:1 so the rpms would not match the output. Plus driving at a buck forty with no seatbelt. I know it's not going to save your a** but... lol
Not in any way that would actually work. You would have to either take the switch apart. In that case would have to switch the polarity of the contact inside the switch but only sometimes. It could be an interesting project. I guess it might be possible to alter the output of the bcm but that would be less reliable. Not worth the work at the end of the day for the most part. Most people don't really need both mirrors to go down in addition to the rear camera to find a parking space.
jazzy m45 wrote:06 M45...Gauge sweep every startup.
It should. Take a video of the gauges turning on when you have your foot on the brake and hit the START button. During the 5 second bulb check the gauges should sweep from low to high then where they should be. What happens on your car?

rsg123

Mitgoman1 wrote:If your mirrors are still doing the click....click....click. Just count how many times they are clicking it and while the car is in reverse tap the clicking mirror up however many times it's clicking and that should solve it. It happened to me, and no it's not normal!
So you have to physically push the mirror or use the mirror controls?

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”