what is your time worth? 02/03 maxima only

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
irax
Car: VQ35DER Powered S14.3

Hey guys, I got some questions that will only be answered by looking at a 02 or 03 maxima. I am doing a 02 maxima vq35de swap into my 240sx and I am trying to figure out what plugs into what on the harness and what extra sensors I need to buy. i know oxy,tps,cam,oil,oilpressure, but theres like 2 brown small plugs and gray plugs I dont know what it does and I want to know if i need them or if i can just pull them. It would be really helpfull if your engine cover is already removed or if your willing to let me remove it and put it back.

858 382 1251aim: nismos134

Beancooker
Car: Current Car: 2019 Toyota Tacoma (modded)
Past cars: Way too many to list

Without totally ripping apart the car (that is not mine) in the parking lot at work... grey looks to be emissions for a cali spec car. But I really don't know, since I can't tear it apart.

LA02MAX
Car: 2002 6-speed maxima

Honestly, it sounds like you're talking about the headlight plugs....one on each side and there's a small brown connector and a small grey one.

How come you bought a FWD VQ35 for your swap? What timing equipment and ECU are you using? My friend and I are doing a VQ35 swap into his S13 and he bought a 350z engine, transmission, and full exhaust for $1000 that's almost brand new. We're using the VQ30 ECU and timing equipment (no VVT) from his old maxima, which is what a lot of the 240 people are doing. Good luck with the swap, and I hope I solved your problem...upon a quick glance those were the only grey/brown connectors I saw.

irax

I forgot to mention that I'm in San Diego California

I bought the fwd block and rwd setup because it was alot cheaper at the timeshoot if i can get another complete rwd setup for 1k id do that to have spares lol

I am using all vq35 timing and partsI am using 02 Maxima wiring and ecuI am using 03 350z trans,fly,clutch,drive shaft

the gray/brown connecters are by the throttle? i guess I dont know when i pulled the harness the car did not have the intake or anything on it. I'll try to take some pics tonight and see what some one else comes up with.

I want to smog the car with a 3.5 so i need 3.5ecu and everything. He is not going to be putting out good numbers with VQ30 parts. Without a VQ35 ECU or a standalone non-MegaStain hes engine will perform poorly unless he's going turbo.
Modified by irax at 10:13 PM 6/7/2007

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Post pix and circle what you are questioning. That would be helpful

irax

Some of these may be of the same plug? I dont know. I know my camera is not all that great.

LA02MAX
Car: 2002 6-speed maxima

irax wrote:I forgot to mention that I'm in San Diego California

I bought the fwd block and rwd setup because it was alot cheaper at the timeshoot if i can get another complete rwd setup for 1k id do that to have spares lol

I am using all vq35 timing and partsI am using 02 Maxima wiring and ecuI am using 03 350z trans,fly,clutch,drive shaft

the gray/brown connecters are by the throttle? i guess I dont know when i pulled the harness the car did not have the intake or anything on it. I'll try to take some pics tonight and see what some one else comes up with.

I want to smog the car with a 3.5 so i need 3.5ecu and everything. He is not going to be putting out good numbers with VQ30 parts. Without a VQ35 ECU or a standalone non-MegaStain hes engine will perform poorly unless he's going turbo.

Modified by irax at 10:13 PM 6/7/2007
Yeah FWD VQ35s are so cheap....the maxima people that do the 3.5 swaps usually use the 3.0 timing and they make pretty good power...they usually run in the high 13s with just the swap (which is faster than the 5.5 gen maxima). But for emissions, yes VVT is a good thing to have. It's definitely going to be nice, but it's probably pretty difficult, no? We don't have smog test like you, so we don't need to worry about it, and no EGR is very nice to work with :D

Anyway, about the connectors, the first black one I'm not sure about..

The second one I can't tell if it's grey or blue...if it's blue, it's an o2 sensor . Here's a few pics of possible spots:

The third black one looks like it goes here:

I can't tell if it's the PS or the A/C.

The next two grey ones are confusing, but one might be a coil plug and another might go to the alternator:

The brown ones are definitely the headlights...one of those grey clips might go to the ballasts for the HIDs as well...the reason they're not in the right spot on your car is because your engine is longitudinally mounted where ours are transverse (I'm sure you knew that without me telling you). Also don't forget about the radiator fan plugs. Those confused the hell out of my friend and I when swapping a new engine into his B14 since the radiator/fans were out of the car...

Here are some other random pictures just in case. I couldn't see much with everything on the engine (IM, PS, A/C, etc.). Good luck with the swap

brianw
Car: 4-doors, 5-speeds...

Are you following SCC's rather incomplete article on this swap?

irax

no

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”