what does RICE mean when you refer to a car?

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
rogernr04
Car: 06 nissan sentra se-r spec v

sorry it is a dumb question, but can some one break it down for me please.

Achped

If you take a base model honda civic/nissan sentra/ford Mustang, pretty much any car on the market, and add obnoxiously gay spoilers, non-performance enhancing mufflers, plaster as many stickers as you can on it, and then drive it around like its fast, you're probably riced out.

cliffes: Anything you do to your car to make it look fast, but not actually go faster. (Whether you want to admit it or not)

rogernr04
Car: 06 nissan sentra se-r spec v

i appreciate the explanation, but how did it get termed rice?

500dolla
Car: 1993 G20 Infiniti

rice is just a japanese name for these import cars. I heard my uncle using it about his matrix. His "rice rocket". It's was never a bad term until now. It could also stand for R-aceI-nspiredC-osmeticE-nchancment

Fast and the Furious left the subculture thinking that 500 bucks could get their civic crazy horsepower. So they wanted to add all the features.... Spoiler, Body kit, Neons.

But not everyone could afford it....

For me Rice means that a car has been decked out with rims, body kit spoiler and looking under their hood to find nothing. All show and no go. Not even that I guess its just tacky looking features. Uneccesary stickers, and stick on autozone specials...Rant sorry....

gotak
Car: 2007 Sentra SE-R

I think he nailed it basically it's when someone put stuff for show but did nothing that really helps. Real performance parts can be discrete. For example a proper splitter can look almost like nothing (check WRC cars for example) but you generally find really large fugly things on RICEed cars.

Here's a front view of a Impreza WRC http://www.autogaleria.pl/tape...m.jpg

Real aero kits that works on race track can't just be tacked onto a car without changes to the suspension and such. Some of them adds hundred of kilogram of down force and will affect how the suspension feels. It's always been a question in my head about how surprised people would be if their ebay kit actually works and they find themselves bottoming out on the highway.

Speaking of which last week I saw some riced civic on the side of a road with a broken front suspension. His left front wheel was 90 degrees to the car and he looked absolutely embarrassed.

VMPhil
Car: 2007 Volkswagen GTI

The term Rice comes from well the Food Rice as in Japanese people eat alot of it. seeing how this trend of Gaudy yet useless additions to Economy Vehicles spawned from japan the term Riced out comes from Rice Burners which alot of people tend to call Japanese cars. its basically almost a slur in automotive terms.

nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

Pretty much what has been stated. It's vague and completely subjective, though, and people get far too hung up on what is and isn't rice.

Talon_T66turbo

Wow, I came into someone's house and crapped on the carpet.

I'm now banned from that house.

jdefelic
Car: 1993 Nissan D21 Pickup

Talon_T66turbo wrote:wow Achped your a dumbass lol a mustang rice wow wtf i didnt know that a FORD was a import.rice is any IMPORT that wants to look fast and furious but isnt basically..ut there is nothing wrong with being rice if you just like show and no go who cares. its what you like but wow dont be calling an american car rice no matter what it is cause its no where near rice how bout you dumbasses go and set down with a notepad and go think of a word to call american cars with dumb **** on them. ****ing retards
First post and already 'dissing someone? Jeez.

He said 'riced out'. Being 'riced out' doesn't mean the car is a ricer. lol. It means that it looks like the stereotypical import with lots of cheap cosmetic upgrades on it (usually very tacky looking). 'Riced out' is referring to how it looks, not what it is.

I have seen lots of civics and other economy cars that are done up pretty nicely (ie: nice paint, small spoiler, nice wheels, looks good). But i have seen some very tacky and in short, ugly ones also. There will never be any shortage of those...

nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

There's no equivalent term for domestics. Kraut was used for German cars once upon a time. They've all been lumped in as rice now, so any domestic can be "riced" too.

Talon, because you're clearly here purely to start ****, go play somewhere else.

Oh, and by the way, your Talon (I'm assuming you drive one) is a Mitsubishi Eclipse that's been rebadged with a now nonexistent American brand.

Beancooker
Car: Current Car: 2019 Toyota Tacoma (modded)
Past cars: Way too many to list

Bye bye Troll.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”