What do you think if I blacked out my taillights on my 2kSE (pic)

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
SunLitSandMax00SE
Car: Silver 2006 Infiniti M35

I posted on the maxima.org and they weren't too fond of it so I thought I would see what you guys would think? It's cool if you don't like it, just be honest

MS Paint FTW

MaximA32

Actually doesn't look too bad. Long as you keep it the way the concept is visualized.

Beancooker
Car: Current Car: 2019 Toyota Tacoma (modded)
Past cars: Way too many to list

I have a friend who did that to his jetta, and it looks good.

BTW, that "other site" is a bunch of elitists.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

I like it, but I would like it better if

A: it were on a darker car

or

B: you left the circle with the main tails non-black (thus emulating the early 5th gen SE tails).

I'm a fan of some variety, and I find that cars that contrast ONLY between black and white don't look good to me. For instance, I prefer the stock red rear corner markers to white ones.

But the key thing is that it's your car, and should look good in YOUR eyes, not the eyes of a bunch of people from an internet forum.

I also think it would look better if the reverse lights were tinted as well. But again, that's my dislike for the stark black/white contrast speaking. Maybe that's what you're going for, in which case it looks perfect.

maxhopper
Car: 02 Maxima SE 6spd

I like it, do you plan on using a tinted vinyl, or cracking the housings open? I've actually always been partial to the smoked lenses of the 00-01's over the clear lenses of the 02-03's.

redtop91
Car: ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A Start

I hate to be the hater but I think the Maxima/altima/Nissan Sedans taillights are dead sexy as is. No need to make Halle Berry get a boob job. They are fine as is.

SunLitSandMax00SE

I used Nite Shades on my 89se and I was thinking about doing the same. I saw them on this Maxima (I hope he doesn't mind if I borrow his picture), but I don't know if I would go over the reverse light or not. I also think there was a clear coat or something put on as a top layer to make it flow more with the paint job of the car

maxhopper

Here is a pic of a guy that used a tinted vinyl to cover the tail lights on his G35. It seems an easy way to achieve the look with the ability to remove it, if you choose to sell later on or just remove the mod.

Not the greatest pic, but the best I could find. I saw this car in person, and was really impressed.

SunLitSandMax00SE

maxhopper97 wrote:Here is a pic of a guy that used a tinted vinyl to cover the tail lights on his G35. It seems an easy way to achieve the look with the ability to remove it, if you choose to sell later on or just remove the mod.

Not the greatest pic, but the best I could find. I saw this car in person, and was really impressed.
is that vinyl something different then the tint spray that I used before, Nite Shades. I really would like some taillight covers. Don't know if they make them

maxhopper

My understanding is that it is a vinyl overlay applied to the exterior of the lenses.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”