What do you KA guys use for Engine managment.

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
maxpsi

george wrote:Jim wolf technology ecu is the biggest rip off on the market. i sent out my ecu to JWT for the 2bar program...they sent it back to me and the engine was leaning out when the boost hit. Yes yes it was getting fuel, 72lbs injectors 300zx tt fuel pump, and i broke a piston ring.....Jim Wolfs answer? a big " your problem sir" no tech support no bring it up here and i will take a look nothing. so now a go with SDS or Haltech screw jim wolf

JWT is a big rip off!!! You are paying anywhere from 400-600 for a chip that the honda world gets for $40. Pay attention folks. You are getting ripped off. Dont let anyone tell you that you are getting a "computer upgrade" or a "re-program". You are not getting that. I had an engineer friend that worked at JWT who told me all about it. He told me that JET does the same exact thing because he had worked for them previously also. You know how much it cost JWT to do this? $25 and that included the labor for engineers to sauder it in.SDS has now got an awesome stand alone setup that blows everything else. Want to get rid of the speed limiter anyway? take the ecu to a local computer electrical engineer. He can remove the limiter for you.

Night
Car: working on my car

maxpsi wrote:JWT is a big rip off!!! You are paying anywhere from 400-600 for a chip that the honda world gets for $40. Pay attention folks. You are getting ripped off. Dont let anyone tell you that you are getting a "computer upgrade" or a "re-program". You are not getting that. I had an engineer friend that worked at JWT who told me all about it. He told me that JET does the same exact thing because he had worked for them previously also. You know how much it cost JWT to do this? $25 and that included the labor for engineers to sauder it in.SDS has now got an awesome stand alone setup that blows everything else. Want to get rid of the speed limiter anyway? take the ecu to a local computer electrical engineer. He can remove the limiter for you.

ok then what do they have to do to get rid of the speed limiter and if i take it to some one are they going to know what to do

2shortysx
Car: watching tv

hey george, i live in sd too who or what shop does your tuning on your car? how much do they charge on an average to new customers?

technoman
Car: puss

I work with several Electrical engineers who could easily re chip a Nissan ECU but they all say the need a schematic of the ECU chip lay out and the wiring schematic of the harness. I can get the Harness but what I can’t get is schematic for the ECU. The only other thing I could do is buy 3 or 4 ECU’s and let them screw them up trying to get it right. :mad:

Man someone has a schemtic of a Nissan 240sx ECU. If I had one I would Post it so people who knew how which would only be a few could re chip their own ECU.

george
Car: autocross

2shortysx, the only place i ever take the nissan is f-max, talk to jhame peters...he is a tuning expert charges around 75 per hour

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”