What are these wires for behind the grille?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Leo2005

Since you guys started to talk about harness for fog lights I would like to know what these 2 wires stands for? They are located right behind the grill:

philipa_240sx

Leo2005 wrote:Since you guys started to talk about harness for fog lights I would like to know what these 2 wires stands for? They are located right behind the grill.
The one you are holding (green) is for the ambient/outdoor temperature sensor. I assume you don't have the premium pack with the trip computer and the outdoor temperature display.

The one to the right (red) is for the Intellikey warning buzzer. Only used on Intellikey equipped vehicles of course.

And finally, the 'box' above your hand is the crash zone sensor for the airbags.

Leo2005

Thanks a lot. So is there a possibility to add outside temperature sensor? Don't care much about intelli key. I understand I would have to exchange speedometer and maybe more stuff but still....

philipa_240sx

Leo2005 wrote:Thanks a lot. So is there a possibility to add outside temperature sensor? Don't care much about intelli key. I understand I would have to exchange speedometer and maybe more stuff but still....
Leo2005, I'm gonna split this post off as a seperate thread.

philipa_240sx

Simply adding the sensor won't enable the temperature display. The gauge cluster is quite expensive and swapping it does have some implications... namely ensuring you are not accused of odometer tampering. You would likely have to get the dealer to do this.

Eugene@
Car: Nissan Rogue 2008

What is the gauge cluster ? Are you trying to guess or you really know ? According to the service manual it's pretty straight forward. Ambient temperature gauge is connected directly to the combination meter. The meter itself in diagnostic mode switches on temperature segments. I suspect the only thing you should do after sensor installation is to activate it via Consult III. The main problem is where to get this device from, it's too expensive :(

see page 48
http://pdf.textfiles.com/manuals/AUTOMO ... 08/MWI.pdf

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

Eugene@ wrote:What is the gauge cluster ? Are you trying to guess or you really know ? According to the service manual it's pretty straight forward. Ambient temperature gauge is connected directly to the combination meter. The meter itself in diagnostic mode switches on temperature segments. I suspect the only thing you should do after sensor installation is to activate it via Consult III. The main problem is where to get this device from, it's too expensive :(

see page 48
im going to venture to say that the gauge cluster(speedometer) is already programmed to accept an ambient sensor. I highly doubt that they would have 2 or 3 different clusters. I think its all the same one - and all you need is the actual module to plug into the wiring harness.

-why would they wire all the cars for them and then install different clusters? save money on clusters, but not wires? doubt it!

my guess is buy an ambient sensor plug it in, and see what happens. if it doesnt work - then you might require your cluster to be programmed by the dealer via Consult

Eugene@
Car: Nissan Rogue 2008

If "gauge cluster" is a combination meter I'm 101% sure it's one and the same for all 2008 Rogues. All LCD segments are there and could be switched on by simple diagnostic procedure described on page 32

But most likely it's not enough to just hook up the sensor, it should be activated via Consult III. If the sensor is lost in an accident or doesn't work usually Nissan cars show --------, but not empty space.

Return to “Rogue Forum”