Wet shot vs. Dry shot

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
ajdgotskillz
Car: 2006 nissan sentra ser

Hey guyz i have a 2006 nissan sentra ser and im looking to add a bottle to my car which should i put a wet shot or a dry shot and why?? I have alot of modz done to my car and dont wanna blow my motor. Stillen headerz with downpipe, injen cold air intake, eibach sportsline kit, stillen exhaust, hid kit, custom gauges, in dash dvd player, carbon fiber led taillights. Thanks AJ

RED_DET
Vendor
Car: 2004 6 speed G35 Sedan, 2011 G37x, 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SR20DET, C7Z06

A wet shot is always the best option for the sake of not running to lean.

Here is some good reading material.

Nitrous Oxide Dry Injection Kits

Nitrous oxide dry injection kits spray nitrous oxide into the intake manifold and it is mixed with fuel and air at the injectors. Dry shots of nitrous oxide usually provide less of a power increase because there is no way of providing additional fuel to balance the extra oxygen in the combustion mixture. So you have to be a little conservative as too lean of an air-fuel mixture will cause the engine to just blow up. At least with stock factory injectors anyway.

Nitrous Oxide Wet Injection Kits

The other type of nitrous oxide injection is wet nitrous oxide injection. Wet nitrous oxide shots have fuel in them. This explains the usage of the word wet. The nitrous oxide is mixed together with fuel and a fogger injects this mixture directly into the throttle body. This provides the extra fuel to balance out the extra oxygen provided by the nitrous oxide, thus keeping the air-fuel mixture stoichiometric or not too lean. However wet nitrous injection kits might cause puddles of fuel to be stuck in the intake manifold, and cause severe backfire conditions.

YEL(low)SPEC SC
Car: 04 Spec V

I've been through this!!!!!!!! On the stock or nearly stock Q25de you definately want to go with the wet shot. I ran a dry shot at first and it worked ok until the dry summer night and it lean popped. I thought I blew a hole in a piston but it was just a head gasket. When I bought the kit i went ahead and changed my fuel pump to a Walbro 255l/ph but it still happened. A few months went by and I got a deal on a NX Big Solenoid wet kit and Its been awesome I havent had anymore problems with it. Oh yeah I wouldnt go much over a 75 shot because of the advance timing of the motor. This could cause a big problem depending on weather conditions

EL MAMITO USMC
Car: SENTRA SER

wet is always safer .. go wet.. post pics once your done

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”