WEIRD NOISE in the back of my versa

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
juanba
Car: nissan tiida 2007

i'm running a versa 2007 just 2300miles, brand new!there's something like loose in the back of my car, sounds like a plastic.I took out the spare wheel, all tools and everything and still getting the same noise.what the heck?

BBISHOPPCM
Car: 2006 Murano S/AWD w/ Convenience Package

Check for empty Corona bottles in the side panels.

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

Have you checked to make sure the rear panels themselves aren't loose? that the wiper arm isn't loose? Maybe you could take a trip to your Nissan dealer and see if they can shed light on it.

proxim2020

You could check to see if any of the buttons holding the panels have popped out. I have one that popped out, but the panels don't move or make noise.

BBISHOPPCM
Car: 2006 Murano S/AWD w/ Convenience Package

I was serious about the Corona bottles... some line workers like to play jokes on the future owners of the cars they build. Funny story... My father was a Nissan mechanic back in the 1980's, and he was asked to diagnose a funny "rattle" sound coming from inside the rear quarter panel of a one-year old Maxima. He found a coat hanger tac-welded to the inside of the rear quarter panel with a bunch of washers hanging on it. There was also a note; "Gotcha!" Apparently, one of the factory workers had a marvelous sense of humor. Seriously though, take it to a dealer; that is covered under warranty.

Versalicious
Car: Versa 1.8SL 6 speed

I had the same thing as soon as I drove off the lot. There was a loose wire in behind the plastic molding on the passenger side rear seat. If it's the same thing the dealer will solve the problem in about 45 min. It's worth a shot to get them to look at it.

juanba

thanks, I'll take it to the dealer this weekend.I'll let you know.

about the corona...prrrf. no can around.i' sure is something loose behind the plastic molding

CodeRed
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa S MT

licanse plate, i had the same problem put 2 more screws in and then check it out

juanba

still getting the noise.

I remove the license plate. I remove everything...spare tires, tools, etc.

it sounds from the top. also I removed the plastic cover around the corners.

what da hell!

proxim2020

Here's a long shot, but try riding around with the back seats folded down. I was experiencing a squeak in the back of my V and I traced it down to the seats. I squirted some dry lube on the seat latches and I haven't experienced it again.

juanba

Went to the dealer yesterday.They found something weird in the back of my tiida.the back Handle was loose inside the black cover. weird , hu?well

they fixed it!!!!

Deke40
Car: 07 Nissan Versa SL HB 08

While I was delivering a car for the dealer they checked mine out for the klunking noise coming from the right side/back and found nothing. They said they didn't hear it. All I have to do is go 25 or so down a concrete street with a rought surface and it sounds like a loose tail pipe bumping underneath. They said they put it on the rack and could find nothing loose.

I haven't looked under there but I know the muffler is on the left side so I guess the tail pipe runs on that side also.

I guess if the Versa wasn't so quite while driving it I probably not even hear it.

Deke40
Car: 07 Nissan Versa SL HB 08

I finally got some free time today and took everything out of my hatch in the back and still couldn't find the klunking noise. Had my wife drive down the street and I sat in the back and still couldn't pinpoint the noise.

Had her stop and I got in the front and could still hear it, decided to tap on the sunroof cover and it made a noise while doing that. Slid it all the way back and drove down the same street twice and guess what, no noise.

I can close it real tight and that seems to keep the noise at bay. At least I know where it is at and can now deal with it. Back to loving my Versa again.

Have put almost 1600 miles on it in 17 days. At that rate my 36K warranty will be gone in a little over a year.

Return to “Versa General Chat”