Warning, Eric Thomas NextLevelMotor.com Huge SCAMMER !!!!

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.

Over $96,000 of money stolen from Eric Thomas

Well This story has been going on a while, and I’m fed up and I know I’m not going to get my car now……Please spread this story around the internet so no one ends up like me…..

It’s amazing, hearing stories about people getting scammed on TV and the internet, and all you think is “well that sucks.” I’ve bought hundreds of things on the internet and never had a problem other than a shipping delay or not receiving the right order, but this has always been corrected by the company I ordered from.
I never thought in a million years that I would ever be scammed, I only thought that those who were scammed were those that lacked common sense and were naive. If that’s the case, I’ve joined that group……..
I’ve wanted a Skyline since I was in my teens. And I thought I found one through Eric Thomas of Next Level Motorsport. I thought I did my homework too. I used to work for the FBI and I had my contacts check and see if there were any complaints against this company. My aunt is also a private investigator, I had her do the same. The business checked out. I had Eric send me his business license, and Eric’s business partner Justin Pace, who owns JDM Exchange and handles all of the logistics send me export certificates, HS-7′s, and Bill’s of Lading of other cars he (allegedly) imported. I extensively googled his name, and I found one, at most two posts of people who though he was a scam, but no one who actually stated that they were scammed by him. That seemed sufficient for me (In hindsight though, I should have listened to my gut instinct), so I went ahead and pulled the trigger. Now I realize that all of these documents were forged.

Despite nearly everyone’s warnings on this site in December, I went ahead and purchased the 2002 Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R V-SPEC II Nür, the cream of the crop of skyline’s, for $96,250 USD. There is no typo on the price there. That price included the car itself and compliance work. The car only had 12,000 km on it.
My plan was to hold onto it for a couple years, and then sell it for a profit so that I could buy a cheap house along with the money I earned in those 2 years. Now I’m nearly flat broke. If I am lucky, my car was illegally imported. If it’s not in the country (legally or illegally), then this will be a long and arduous civil case.

Just a little background about this deal. I have dealt with Justin primarily, and I’ll give him credit where credit is due, he is an EXCELLENT bullshitter. He acts like he knows a lot about importing, and he seems to have all of the answers. He is very good at diverting questions you ask him. I didn’t know a lot about importing, and what I did know he mentioned to me and “explained” how it worked, and like an idiot I bought it. He even has contacts in Japan, I actually talked to them and they told me that they had been dealing with Justin for a while. These are the extreme measures he took to fool me.
When push came to shove though, and I asked for the Bill of Lading which he stated he has, I noticed he started ducking me. I’ve asked for this document over a dozen times, and he has failed to provide it, each time providing a different excuse, such as power being out, internet not working, being sick, and this isn’t even a comprehensive list.

More stuff has popped up on the internet about these guys since I purchased the car. Justin Pace, owner of JDM Exchange in San Francisco and who lives in Antioch, CA and Eric Thomas, owner of Next Level Motorsport in Williston, VT are SCAMMERS.
I am former Marine with two year long deployments to Iraq, who is a combat veteran.
If anyone else is a member of other car forums, please spread this message along, I don’t want to see anyone else get scammed. Below are the following links of where I found connections to these guys (mostly Justin), they have popped up in the last couple months after I did further research. Apparently Justin used to own a company called JapImportUSA. I can’t find anyone who was scammed by them, but there is a lot of talk about them

http://www.automotivehelper.com/topic269079.htm

http://www.automotivehelper.com/topic309019.htm

http://www.automotivehelper.com/topic227557.htm

http://www.drifting.com/forums/buy-a…t-selling.html

http://www.bizfind.us/34/137555/jap-…a-co/reno.aspx

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho…-Possible-Scam

http://forums.evolutionm.net/sale-ca…raigslist.html

Eric and Justins websites
http://nextlevelmotor.com (now gone)

https://jdmexchange.net/HOME.html

Apparently there was a girl in Alabama who was scammed by Justin too

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/390328…skyline/page-3

I’ve spoken to Justin dozens of times, and **** a few times, and all three of us even had a conference call last night to try to sort things out.

I paid for the car, it was supposed to be delivered June 22nd, and I still haven’t received it, or any documentation. If you could make this a sticky it would be much appreciated.

Encryptshun
Car: 2005 Xterra

For what it's worth, I'm sorry you got taken. Thanks for this write-up, and for being upfront about the fact that you ignored the advice you were given and bought the car anyway.

Are you going to press charges? I'm not sure what would happen to you if you lost money while attempting to break the law (buy acquiring a non-conforming vehicle), but $100 grand is a lot of money. You could do worse than to try to do something to get it back.

Ace2cool
Car: 1991 Nissan 300ZX TT
1966 Datsun Fairlady 1600
2005 Suzuki GSX-R 600
1974 Honda CB550 Four
2009 Ford F150 Lariat

tyndago

I wonder if this is the same guy that contacted me Feb 3rd, and I told to stay far away from Next Level. He then proceeded to question what I said, and thought that they were legit. If it is, then the emails will do the talking.

I’ve been told by next level that they clear the car in cali through customs, EPA, and DOT before it is sent to me. Are they just straight up lying to me, or can this be possible? I’m not going to say how much, but I am paying A LOT for this car, so can it be possible to make this car street legal?

What questions should I ask next level? I worked with the FBI before, so I have connections if they try to screw me over.

I responded with:

They are straight up lying to you.

I posted some information in the thread. I have been working with the Nissan Skyline GT-R for 12 years now.

It is possible to import cars. Just the same as its possible to buy drugs, buy machine guns, and get hookers. All very possible to get, mostly not legal.

Next Level is straight up full of s***. I have seen tons of guys like him over the years. He is a college kid, trying to live the dream from Vermont. He thinks he can do it all, conquer it all.

It is not impossible, but the biggest obstacle , is OBD II. No GT-R ever had it.

Next is the DOT only currently allows 96-98 R33 on the list of approved vehicles.

http://sites.google.com/site/tyndago/gt-rlegalization

More fake companies over the years
http://vehicleimport.blogspot.com/searc ... t%20Tuners
http://vehicleimport.blogspot.com/search/label/supaca

Some seized cars over the years.

http://vehicleimport.blogspot.com/search?q=seized

tyndago

Then the guy comes back with:

Ok, so I think it was you who stated next level doesn't know the
difference between their a** and a hole in the ground. What do you mean
by this, because I take that as they are an honest company that just has
no clue what they are doing, but they are not scammers in the strictest
sense of the word.

Is the another front of Jeremy Boddy, or do you think this is someone
else?

What is the OBDII?

If the R33 is the only vehicle allowed for import, how come there are
owners on SOUSA with cars outside this range, to include a couple 2000+
R-34's?

and I responded with:

Honesty starts and stops when it involves your money. When this guy is telling you he can do something that he can not, then he is clueless,

You sound skeptical, and honestly I have no time for you. I gave you advice, be the smart guy and take it.

and it ended with him responding:

Ok dude, suit yourself. I AM skeptical, in both ways right now, that's
why I'm trying to get as much information as possible for both sides. I
don't know this s*** like you do dude. I have taken your advice so far,
yesterday I trusted this company, now I am skeptical OF THEM

People just dont want to listen. If this is true, and this happened, then really, what do I have to do? Hold everyones hand when they are looking at a car?

Why do people have to be skeptical of me?

Why should I even be concerned with this guy that lost $96k if it is actually him?

Encryptshun
Car: 2005 Xterra

Believe me, I had to restrain myself in order to remain outwardly sympathetic. In my mind, this guy was a tard and should not be belly-aching now.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

I hate thieves and liars, but a fool and his money are soon parted and people have to take responsibility for their own stupidity. I do more research before purchasing minor household appliances than many people seem to do before sending thousands of dollars to some unseen guy with an unseen car and a flashy website.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

7324341 wrote:Despite nearly everyone’s warnings on this site in December, I went ahead and purchased the 2002 Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R V-SPEC II Nür
/thread.
7324341 wrote:Over $96,000 of money stolen from Eric Thomas
No, it was stolen BY Eric Thomas.
7324341 wrote:I only thought that those who were scammed were those that lacked common sense and were naive. If that’s the case, I’ve joined that group……..
:yesnod
7324341 wrote:he is an EXCELLENT bullshitter. He acts like he knows a lot about importing, and he seems to have all of the answers.
No, you just weren't very hard to fool.
7324341 wrote:These are the extreme measures he took to fool me.
Those aren't "extreme" measures. Hell, *I* could have done each and every one of those things. I've actually recently imported a car from overseas, successfully. A little white-out on my successful documents, and a sucker like you, and I'm $96,000 richer.

Do you happen to have a rich friend who wants a Skyline really bad? ;)
7324341 wrote:I paid for the car, it was supposed to be delivered June 22nd, and I still haven’t received it, or any documentation.
There is no car.

I can't imagine why you'd think your transaction would be any different.

This thread shouldn't serve as a warning to avoid shady chumps - that's a no-brainer.

This thread, instead, should serve as a warning not to think you're so special that you're somehow above the advice of experts.

Therefore, since my staff, and Sean, have been so helpful and restrained, I'll be the 180-lb jackass in the room and say what we're all thinking: You're an idiot.

If you don't even know what OBDII means, there's no way in hell you should be within 100 yards of a GT-R.

I will say this: Thank you, sincerely, for your service to our country, and I am sorry you got ripped off. Nothing further. :tisk:

edthemanjp
Car: 1992 Skyline GTR

themadscientist wrote:I hate thieves and liars, but a fool and his money are soon parted and people have to take responsibility for their own stupidity. I do more research before purchasing minor household appliances than many people seem to do before sending thousands of dollars to some unseen guy with an unseen car and a flashy website.
Yep Yep, X200 on this post. I consider myself OCD sometimes on purchases.

tyndago

edthemanjp wrote:Yep Yep, X200 on this post. I consider myself OCD sometimes on purchases.
I seriously tried to help this guy. I am not sure what else I can really do? Does anyone else get my frustration at this?

Does anyone now see my frustration with the SKOUSA guys?

Does anyone understand really? I tried to help them, but they also did not want to listen.

I am privy to much, much more information than most people. I don't just live on the internet, I talk to many many people in the Skyline world. I am not taking dollar one from people on them, and people think I have to prove that someone is a scam?

I get pissed off and say that I am happy people get their car taken out of a fit of frustration, and I am the a%%hole? I am the NARC? I am the whatever.

These guys are all the same, they think they are above the law, above the regulations, and until you show me otherwise, that is how I will go.

I told those SKOUSA guys it would take buckets of cash to make changes, and where are they really?

One of these days, when everything is done, because the Kaizo thing is still not done, I will put out information about that whole deal. Still stuff happening every few months with that.

edthemanjp
Car: 1992 Skyline GTR

tyndago wrote:
edthemanjp wrote:Yep Yep, X200 on this post. I consider myself OCD sometimes on purchases.
I seriously tried to help this guy. I am not sure what else I can really do? Does anyone else get my frustration at this?

Does anyone now see my frustration with the SKOUSA guys?

Does anyone understand really? I tried to help them, but they also did not want to listen.

I am privy to much, much more information than most people. I don't just live on the internet, I talk to many many people in the Skyline world. I am not taking dollar one from people on them, and people think I have to prove that someone is a scam?

I get pissed off and say that I am happy people get their car taken out of a fit of frustration, and I am the a%%hole? I am the NARC? I am the whatever.

These guys are all the same, they think they are above the law, above the regulations, and until you show me otherwise, that is how I will go.

I told those SKOUSA guys it would take buckets of cash to make changes, and where are they really?

One of these days, when everything is done, because the Kaizo thing is still not done, I will put out information about that whole deal. Still stuff happening every few months with that.
We all know you have tried to help and yes I can understand your frustration, I think I remember some of the dialogue from this person when you were advising against it, if not him many others. You do know that if you help 1 your time was not wasted, you cannot help them all.

I understand what happens to these people to some degree, I have older children. When a person wants something bad enough and they have the ability to purchase it they can sometimes loose senses of reality, of it being a scam. The item may be hard to obtain or possibly illegal and this makes it even more enticing. People just see the item they want, so bad that reason actually doesn't make sense. Ever watch police stings wanting fugitives and they tell the thugs they won something and just need to come pick it up... and knowing they didn't enter anything, just too hard to pass up. Studies have been done and people actually dumb down when making purchases, their mind is equivalent to an 11 yr old, their emotions get enflamed, and they reach a state of euphoria. Ever wonder why women like shopping?

themadscientist

I can understand your frustration. I give you credit for still being approachable after all the BS.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Something about the OP is fishy.

IP traces to Ontario, Canada. Canadians don't serve in the US military, nor do they work for the FBI.

(The FBI doesn't hire gullible or dumb people, either.)

Email address appears to be a phone number @gmail.com, which matches a hairstylist shop in - you guessed it - Ontario.

Bogus story smells real damn bogus.

themadscientist

JB targeting his competition in the scam game?

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

FYI, Greg...Canadian citizens CAN serve in the U.S. military.

I was in the Navy with a guy who was born and raised in Toronto, Canada. He did some time in the Canadian military then went to the U.S. military to obtain citizenship or something along those lines.

As for the FBI part, that I can't comment on.

tyndago

Gold Digger wrote:FYI, Greg...Canadian citizens CAN serve in the U.S. military.

I was in the Navy with a guy who was born and raised in Toronto, Canada. He did some time in the Canadian military then went to the U.S. military to obtain citizenship or something along those lines.
I did 6 years in the US Navy 1991-1997. I was born in New Zealand. I was not a US citizen, but I was a resident. About 30% of my division on the ship was not US citizens. I didn't get my citizenship until 2002.

I don't have time today, but if anyone has the time to follow up on it, find out if there is an original post. See if you can find a name, I can match it up with what I have.

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

You got out the year I went in.

What ships were you stationed on?

themadscientist

Durned squids :gapteeth:

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

Shut it, jarhead. Just remember these simple and easy sentences.

United States Marine Corps: Department of the Navy.

My a** Rides In Navy Equipment, Sir!

AZhitman
Administrator

Thx Neal - I stand corrected.

I think I got the idiot part right though.

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

Shouldn't you be sleeping, old man?

themadscientist

Gold Digger wrote:Shut it, jarhead. Just remember these simple and easy sentences.

United States Marine Corps: Department of the Navy.

My a** Rides In Navy Equipment, Sir!
The good part. I give your taxi service high marks sir! :dblthumb:

It's nice having tomahawk missiles on speed dial too.

tyndago

Gold Digger wrote:You got out the year I went in.

What ships were you stationed on?
I went to boot at Great Lakes. Then went to A and C School there. I was a GSE. About 2 years up at Great Lakes, then I was stationed on a frigate in San Diego.

FFG-46 USS Rentz.

Anyway, sometime today, I should do some more research on this story. See how it goes. Got some rugby to watch here soon.

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

Holy crap...that could almost work for me...

I went to boot at Great Lakes. Then went to Common Core school there. I was an undesignated FN. About 4 months up at Great Lakes, then I was stationed on a frigate in San Diego.

FFG-48 USS Vandegrift.

Was on that ship all of my enlistment. We homeport shifted to Yokosuka, Japan 8 months after I arrived on it. Did just shy of 3 years in Japan.

tyndago

I had a friend that was on the Vadergrift. We went to A and C school together. They always seemed to be across the pier from us at 32nd street. Interesting.

I got out right before a WestPac in 1997.

Anyway, still didn't look up any more of this story. Been busy working the real world, and importing some 25 year old cars.

Just got another email from a Kaizo owner in the middle of the country that got his car seized by ICE. All these other emails and things.

One day there will be a movie about the Nissan Skyline drama in the US. It should have enough weirdness in it to make it interesting.

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

Just outta curiosity, what was your friends name? I my know or knew him. Considering you were a GSE, I was in engineering for A-gang. I knew quite a few of the GS's on board, but there weren't many GSE's as far as I remember.

I reported to the Vandy June 30th, 2007.

tyndago

If it were 2007, you never would have seen him. If it were 1997.... maybe. Although I thought he got out a little before me. I have to look at my info, but I got out around June 1997.

Williams - Jawanaza.

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

Oh, yeah. 1997...not 2007. Sorry.

I knew Jawanaza. LOL. He was on the ship for about 5-6 months after I first got on there. He left just before we home port shifted to Japan. I can't remember if he got out or PCS'd though.

If he's the guy I think he is, he always tried to get me to race him. I had an S13 pig nose and he had an Integra. Like ever day, he tried to get me to race him. LOL.

But, yeah, I knew him.
Do you still keep in touch with him?

VandrelSOUSA

tyndago wrote: Does anyone now see my frustration with the SKOUSA guys?

Quite funny how you shift the topic of the thread from Next Level to a community in which you were removed from.

Do I need to dig up the quoted post again and highlight the statement? It seems everyone may need a refresher of events from 7 months ago.

Yes, you are privy to much information :rolleyes:

Let's not mention how over 400 SOUSA members offered advice and warned against Next Level for months on end in a 30 page deep thread.

themadscientist

Aren't you overdue to tear apart another Skyline for an inexplicable reason only to have it seized anyway?

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”