** WARNING ** CAMERON WIELDRAAYER ** AT IT AGAIN

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
slide240wayz

I just do not want anyone to have yet another horrible experience.

1995 Skyline

1998 Skyline

Cameron's old ebay name=http://feedback.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ ... nightxcz77

More research= Cameron Wieldraayer forums

Nightxcz77 Google'd

Juujai

gts looks so ugly. lol theyre beat up looking too

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

that R33 would be worth about $3500 here

xckid
Car: 2004 Chevy Blazer ZR2

Wait so who is he?

Zydeco
Car: The poster formerly know as -]sTm[-HeavyHips

xckid wrote:Wait so who is he?
In short he riped alot of people off for a lot of money.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

"We have legalized over 12 Skylines in the last year"

Interesting that he's STILL not on DOT's list of Registered Importers or able to really legalize Skylines.

Car is STILL illegal, regardless.

DOT can and will pick that car up, impound it, and crush it. The new buyer is taking a HUGE risk.

vvaffle
Car: 1991 240sx base hatch, 2009 WRX

AZhitman wrote:"We have legalized over 12 Skylines in the last year"

Interesting that he's STILL not on DOT's list of Registered Importers or able to really legalize Skylines.

DOT can and will pick that car up, impound it, and crush it. The new buyer is taking a HUGE risk.

Please don't say the C word. It brings tears to my eyes. It's not like there's an unlimited number of skylines out there.

SmithSR
Car: 240sx

vvaffle wrote:

Please don't say the C word. It brings tears to my eyes. It's not like there's an unlimited number of skylines out there.
There aren't an unlimited number of 240sx out there either, but the 240sx got wrecked threads continue...

gabossie
Car: Your mom

Oh yeah, that R34 is pretty quick... I actually rode in it tonight As for being legal, I saw first hand that it has a vin and legal registration. Registered importer or not, he has a way to get them legal. I find this thread so ammusing, because none of this has come up for so long, and I haven't heard from Cameron in a long time. Then, all of a sudden he calls me today and says he's in the area, comes by and bbq all night w/ some friends, took me for a ride in the R34, then as soon as he leaves I sit down to see this. Quite a coincidince for me.

gabossie

In fact, quite a few of the members have seen those cars, including Greg and a few of the other mods I believe, since they were at the Nissan Nationals.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Were these those ***holes at nationals with the dirty, banged up, missing hood skylines?

Both those cars look like the ones there...
Modified by MinisterofDOOM at 3:28 AM 5/9/2005

s13sr20chris
Car: nissans

heh, wow. i never knew top-secret tuned their gtst's with stock wheels. you know, the ones we know over here as the s14 se wheels.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

gabossie wrote:As for being legal, I saw first hand that it has a vin and legal registration. Registered importer or not, he has a way to get them legal.
Should've looked closer.

The process has a flaw, despite having a VIN and a registration, the car is not legalized.

Taking advantage of "loopholes" long enough to offload a car is almost as bad as taking advantage of people who don't do their pre-buy research.

Fahaka
Car: '96 S14 '07 Versa

...as for the '98 if it is registered as a 240sx and it doesn't have OBDII, I think the buyer will be screwed.

I used to own a grey market porsche and a mercedes and come emmisions time it was a pain I had to rpoduce the original title and a certificate from the port of entry plus a bunch of pictures...PITA

There you go Greg...post # 3
Modified by Fahaka at 10:24 AM 5/9/2005

Joe

AZhitman wrote:"We have legalized over 12 Skylines in the last year"

Greg your overlooking the fact its not a nissan skyline the way its registered.

hate to say it but his method works. several people turned him into the government about this back when he started and they all said what he is doing may be a loophole, but its not illegal. if he wasnt a shady bastard this wouldnt be such a big deal.

Fahaka - there is no OBD2 requirment the way his cars are registered, its a kit car. if you go build a shelby cobra replica you dont need to have a OBD2 system, just pass a sniffer.

AZhitman
Administrator

I know it works, it's still not legal.

The car hasn't been certified. I'm sure Sean from RB will pop in soon enough and add his 2 cents....

There's several shops in the US doing it this way, and actually several were doing it before him. Evolutionimports.net has been doing this for quite some time.

Get in a wreck with one of these cars and see what happens.

Joe

What certification is it missing? im no expert on importing and legalizing

gabossie

heh, I have no intention of arguing it, as I really have no stance on the matter. I just thought it was ironic that I hear from first Cameron for the first time in a long time, and the same night a thread pops up about him... just stirring the pot a bit. That R34 is a fun car though.

s13sr20chris
Car: nissans

kit car...i wonder what legal mess surrounds them. would you have the same issues is a kit car? i remember looking at the legality of street rods one time because i wanted to build a car-sized go-cart for street use. unfortunately in my state street rods and antique vehicles can only be driven to and from events or repair shops.

Nismo_Freak
Car: 89 240SX

There is no way to legally register those cars.

Period.

If you want to argue then bring it cause I've been through this about 20 other times with people.

DAEDALUS
Car: 1990 Q45

Where there is no substantially similar U.S. - certified motor vehicle, 49 U.S.C. § 30141(a)(1)(B) (formerly section 108(c)(3)(A)(i)(II) of the Act) permits a nonconforming motor vehicle to be admitted into the United States if its safety features comply with, or are capable of being altered to comply with, all applicable Federal motor vehicle safety standards based on destructive test data or such other evidence as the Secretary of Transportation decides to be adequate. Under 49 U.S.C. § 30141(a)(1) (formerly section 108(c)(3)(C)(i) of the Act), import eligibility decisions may be made "on the initiative of the Secretary of Transportation or on petition of a manufacturer or importer registered under [49 U.S.C. § 30141(c)].

The laws are very comprehensive and very detailed. A Skyline is *not* a kit car or a one-off. Those are covered in separate articles of the USC. If you can convice Customs that all the parts you're shipping over are not from a production vehicle, then you could be on your way to driving a Skyline. If you can't convince them, then you'll be in for quite an expensive lesson. Understand that getting away with something once does not make it legal. The Skyline *is* a production vehicle; regardless of what you can convince one person signing a piece of paper. If the issue ever comes up in the future (during an audit, for example, or at the DMV), you might not be able to convince anyone then, and the vehicle will be impounded, and you have lied on a document you signed that probably states you can be penalized by law for lying on that document.A Skyline is not "substantially similar to a motor vehicle originally manufactured for importation into and sale in the United States, certified under 49 U.S.C. § 30115 (formerly section 114 of the Act), and of the same model year as the model of the motor vehicle to be compared, and is capable of being readily altered to conform to all applicable Federal motor vehicle safety standards."

The Skyline forum is rife with discussion:

zerothread?id=68376

Notorious-Sky
Car: 1996 R33 Skyline GTST

Well well well - so far in the last couple of days after registering with NICO I have gotten quite a bit of information. Now this name "Cameron" comes up in the wash.

Dont mean to open any old wounds, but I have had the unsavory experience of dealing with this ******* as well. If anyone has any information about how or where he can be contacted, I have an attorney just waiting to get his teeth into him. Mind you it's not about the money, I want this SOB put behind bars as theives like him deserve.

My R33 was obtained through Cameron, and while I did get a car, practically everything else he told me was a lie not to mention paying for things I have yet to receive, like my legalization done by him.

I have contacted the Texas Attorney General, and needless to say since I live in Texas, they are interested in his "business practices". I was very nieve when I bought this car several years ago, I have learned a lot since then. I have no one to blame for my experience except myself but now I want to do my part to ensure that this scumbag doesnt do this to anyone else. I will spend whatever it takes to see this fool go down, make no mistake about that!

PeaceTodster

tpeezy
Car: totalled

i'd like a skyline.. you willing to sell yours sky?

Notorious-Sky
Car: 1996 R33 Skyline GTST

fraid she's a keeper.....at least for now

PeaceTodster

CDeutsch
Car: 94 Stealth RT/TT

I just won this eBay auction for a Skyline R32 GTR:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...%3AIT

Turns out the seller is Cameron Wieldraayer. I refused to buy it since the car is illegal. Now he's threatening to sue me for breaking our "legally binding" ebay contract that according to him I "signed". :

Just thought I'd warn any future buyers to beware the eBay seller nannyw2

hannibal
Car: Red Line to Glenmont

I cant believe that guy is still walking around. He should be in jail for all the people he ripped off.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

Price of the auction includes this vehicle being made US Road Worthy. This means that the car will have a valid US Title and VIN upon delivery.

If he cannot comply with this statement in his ad then he has breached his own psudo-contract and has no leg to stand on. Be sure to send him a big **** YOU! to him for us

CDeutsch
Car: 94 Stealth RT/TT

I don't doubt he is "capable" of getting a VIN and Title threw the Arizona DOT (whether he would if you gave him money is another matter), but he's not using a registered importer, so on a federal level these cars are still illegal.

Oatmealman
Car: 2011 ford f150 fx4 5.0 master race

dear god old thread,but yes cameron should be put behind bars,any one now were he lives,i'd like to have a talk with him

ShadowzImportz
Car: 91 Honda Crx Sir rhd glasstop, r33 gtr Bought From Camron Best car I ever Bought

I've seen almost all of his cars and driven I think all of them once maybe even twice yes they all have a vin and have leagal registation and title for the United states. I've bought probably about a dozon cars not just skylines from him and like the other guy said on here the r34 was hella fun and still is. I have had my r33 in and inspected by my state patrol and state vin inspecters and they told me that who ever got the car in did it right but did it alot differently that the other importers. I've known Camron for quite a long time and I wouldnt have Bought anything from him if I didn't trust him. I saw him like a week ago while I was on vacation it was fun driving out in the open country just 2 skylines rippin it up in the night air.. sorry just thought i would tell you guys that it seem like you are very fast to get on this thread and bash him about how he has done thing but the one guy on here gor a skyline from him sounded like he wasnt satisfied and the next poster was someone asking if he wanted to sell it and he said no way well he still has the car so it didnt get taken and smashed like everyone says happens and he dont want to get rid of it so it must be at least something worth keepin hhmmm just something to think about.

just my 2 cents

Return to “General Chat”