Vibration after Balancing

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
MartinJansen
Car: 2015 Nissan Pathfiner Platinum
2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2006 Infiniti G35x

Hello again ... Have a 2006 G35x w/102K miles. Recently I'd been feeling a steering wheel vibration intermittently b/w 60-70 mph and a slight "rumble" feeling coming from the seat. Figured it was a balancing issue so when I went into my shop for new front brakes (rear brakes only 15K miles) I also had them balance all 4. They also refurbished a worn front-right axle boot (just the the boot not the whole drive axle).

However the vibration and rumble feeling persisted. I went back for a re-balancing and they said it was all in check, but the problem is still there. This is a trusted local professional shop which has done great work for years so I believe them when they say the "tires" are "balanced" properly.

Before I go back, I am wondering what other factors may be causing these issues? And if refurbishing of the axle-boot could have anything to do with it (Keeping in mind the issues were present before the axle boot was repaired); for instance: Could a bad boot or improperly repaired boot be causing the vibration and rumble feeling despite 4 properly balanced tires?

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Could be the front bearings or even an axle issue. I'm assuming these are factory wheels and not aftermarket?

Southern
Car: 2013 Infiniti G37 Journey Coupe w/Premium and Navigation packages

Try a google search for your area. You are looking for a shop that does Road Force balancing.

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”