Very bad customer service

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Black_Sparrow
Car: Nissan Rogue

My 2009 SL AWD is only 2 months old. Took the car back in a month ago because both front doors can't be opened from the outside. Rear passenger side window is extremely slow when closing. Service dept. said handles were frozen but they had fixed the problem. They lubed up the window run, and should get better in times. Two days later driver side door can't open from the outside. Took it back to them. Left the car the whole day there again. Picked up the car, nothing was done. They were going to order two new handles for me just to be sure i don't have to back the forth time for the same problem. Still climbing into my brand new car from the passenger side after more than one week waiting. Rear passenger window is still not any better.Finally I called Nissan Canada's customer service department. Talked to the lady for over half an hour regarding my problems. She asked me what I would like them to do? I said exchanging my car would be the best. She said she can't do that , and did not offer any other alternative. She said her job was just to take note of my problem and I should just keep waiting for my parts to arrive.Is this just Nissan or do all other companies only care about selling the products? I feel like Nissan is telling me once you sign the paper, you are on your own! Good luck in finding all the defects during the warranty period. Am I all alone with this problem or are there more of us out there?

philipa_240sx

Experiences vary between dealers. For the most part, my dealer has been very responsive about fixing any issues I've had. If you are unhappy with the service, then I suggest you try another dealer. You may have to try a dealer in another city/town as it seems many dealerships in the same city are owned by the same company or person(s).

Good luck!

Goblin
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Premium Pkg.

I agree with philipa. Having said that I have had poor customer service with every dealer serviced vehicle I have owned. I have to admit that Nissan has topped the list do to the transmission issues and dealer responses I have had. Customer service hot line is a complete JOKE! I am on my fourth dealer, but have had some luck with their service department. I can't say its all roses but damn its better than what I have been getting. Search around until you find a dealer you click with.

I completely feel your pain with warranty work to the point that I canceled the extended warranty I purchased and got a full refund. If they can't service the vehicle during it's first 60K miles, what makes me think they will do any better through the next 100K.

Warranty work is a NO brainier and easy money for the dealer's: you think they'd cater to us for the frigging work. Especially since they aren't selling cars as usual.

CPS

Let me take a stab at this one:

The handles on an 09 are not a known issue, and since the vehicle is still fairly new, parts are not as available as they would be for an older model. I would call the parts department, not the service department, and find out what the status is.

I do recommend trying other dealers. Some dealers cover stuff, and some don't. It's really up to the warranty clerk and how hard they push things with Nissan.

Which brings me to the final thought. Anybody who thinks warranty work is easy money is sadly mistaken. Warranty pays everybody far less money than standard customer pay items, so it is to the dealers advantage to not warranty questionable items. The techs make less hours, the service department makes less on the labor side, parts makes about 10-20% less, and the paperwork and documentation requirements are sometimes difficult (putting it lightly). Extended warranties (other than Nissan's Security Plus program) are even worse, as then you have inspectors coming out who decide whether it's covered or not and then leave the service writer with the job of telling the customer. I'm not saying that your situation applies here, but you need to keep that in mind.

Black_Sparrow
Car: Nissan Rogue

This is the first time I own a new car.... I've been getting used cars all along. Either I've been very lucky with all of them, or Toyota just makes better car. Why do you think car companies even bother to have a customer service department anyway?

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Just hang in there. The local Nissan dealership was GREAT for a while then they got a new Service Manager and it was so bad that I stopped using them for 5 years and used the one that was 1/2 hour away. Out of necessity I finally used them again and they had another Service Manager (the old cow was gone) and it was OK again.

If you have a local Infiniti dealership then call their service department to see if they do Nissan work. The Infiniti dealership I use actually services Nissan cars cheaper than the Nissan dealerships and you get to use their free loaners

Return to “Rogue Forum”