Versa smells like dead rat.

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
schipperke
Car: Nissan Versa

My Versa started to aquire on oder. Its getting really bad so we had to crawl around doing the sniff test. After peeling up the floor carpet we found lots of moldy water spreading through the carpeting? We have not noticed any wet seats and have never left open a window. Could it be coming through the floor? Does anyone else need to replace their interior yet?

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Above the area getting wet, use a water hose to constantly run water over and watch for a leak. When you find it, take it to Nissan for them to repair.

That does suc tho...

jfanaselle
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback SL, 2008 Nissan Rogue SL

Is it below the passenger side (glove compartment) area? Could be the heater core. It also could be leaking from the windshield down into the dash and dripping down.

Either way... definately take your car to the dealer and have them check it out because mold = bad news.

motoguy128
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S - 6 Speed

This summer my evaporator drain plugged and water started to run into the passenger side footwell. I've never had this happen on a car. I things there are 2 problems. 1) The parking lot I used to park in at work allowed corn feed to occsionally get blown on my car when the wind was right and there was a process upset (I work at a corn refinery). 2) I suspect either the hole is a little small on the drain, the tube has a sharp elbow in it, or the hole is partially obstructed due to poor quality control from the supplier of hte molded plastic housing. It may be a combination of all 3.

I will note I parkerd my Honda Accord in the same parking lot for 1 year and never had a problem.

I took a straighted coat hanger and stuck it up the drain tube until the water came pouring out.

I've also noticed that even after replacing my air filter, my airflow still seems a little weak. I wonder if some dust or that corn has gotten on the evaporator and is blocking the air flow.

schipperke
Car: Nissan Versa

Hey all this is a follow up on my water leak. I've been told I have a crack in the firewall where all the seams come together. So far everyone from the dealer to nissan does not want to pay, I'm without my car, fighting for some common sense and saying a prayer before I file my court papers. I'll keep you all posted to let you know if Nissan makes good on a bad car or makes me go to court. Yours stinky.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Are you talking to just the dealership or also to NNA?

skwerl
Car: 2007 Versa S - Sapphire Blue HB

I also have this problem, and when I mentioned it to my co-worker, his friend had a similar issue. Is this common in areas that are damp? I mean, I've been living here with tons of different, older cars and never had an issue. It makes the whole experience very unpleasant. Would this be covered under warranty, if it's no fault of mine? It's currently in the body shop so I haven't worried about it lately, but I know it's going to come back...

Thanks!

Return to “Versa General Chat”