Versa's gone...

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
BBISHOPPCM
Car: 2006 Murano S/AWD w/ Convenience Package

I knew this day would come... I traded in my Versa for a 2006 Nissan Murano S AWD. Black with charcoal interior and chrome trim. I had to find something with AWD for the winter weather (I live in the mountains). I regret this decision, greatly. I loved that damn car. I'd still consider buying another Versa if it would fit my needs, and I will still recommend one to friends and family. It's been 2.5 years and 58,000 miles, but all good things must come to an end at some point. I will be moving to the Murano forum, so I'm not leaving NICO any time soon.

BBISHOPPCM; Signing off.

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Good luck.

Seems most V owners go towards the crossover/suv market when trade time.

Knightro2
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa SL

That's what I plan to when the time comes. I'd like to get a Murano or another Xterra. It just depends on if I plan (and can afford) a boat then as well.

Mubbly
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa S Magnetic Grey

I love the Murano, but the new (2008/2009?) body style is compared to the old one.

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Do like the Murano, all styles.

But if I'm looking at those then the FX is going to pop into my head.

Bubs daddy
Car: 2007 Versa SL
ABS, CVT

Indeed, it happens. I would say most trade or sell their car within four years. Best wishes with the new car.

grogman
Car: 2007 versa s hb at onyx blue

Bubs daddy wrote:Indeed, it happens. I would say most trade or sell their car within four years. Best wishes with the new car.
hey bishop can you tell us the trade amount............i am happy so far with my v never brought it in for nothing great car........i am like ilmv i think i will keep mine 'til the grim reaper says it's time............

VersaMG08
Car: '10 Mazda 3 s hatchback
'14 Nissan 370z

biggie wrote:Good luck.

Seems most V owners go towards the crossover/suv market when trade time.
Nah, never gonna get an SUV. After my V is paid off, I'll either get a Cube, Mazda 3, or Sentra SE-R.

BBISHOPPCM

I bought an SUV mainly out of necessity, it really wasn't the direction I wanted to go in (given the gas prices and all). I also need the ability to tow a small trailer, which the Murano will do. The stealership wanted to give me $6,000 for my well-maintained 2007 SL w/ABS, they claimed 58,000 miles and a collision history hurt the value. We eventually settled on around $8700 or so. The Murano books for $17,995, I paid $16,995. When it was all said and done, my payments were the same as before.

I chose the Murano for its reputation (there were some CVT failures reported, but the failure rate was comparable to any vehicle, so it didn't bother me), I also have always loved the way it (and its brother, the FX-35) looked. The Murano has to be one of the most stylish vehicles Nissan has ever made, and was obviously the inspiration for the Versa's design... the similarities, inside and out, are undeniable. So far, I am very happy with the Murano; it's actually in better condition than my Versa!

iluvmyVersa08
Car: 2008 SL Sport

The Murano's are gorgeous. If I ever decide to buy an SUV I want a Nissan Murano for sure. They are stunning vehicles, inside and out.But I have no plans to give up my V. My name says it all!

BBISHOPPCM

I really dislike the new Murano's grill, it's just... awkward. I've been a huge fan of the '03-'07 model, I can't believe I actually own one now!

superskunk
Car: '07 Super Black Versa S Hatch,'06 Super Black Murano SL

congrats on the new purchase... hope you like yours as much as we love ours! My wife got a fully loaded SL, full leather, back up cam, navigation, HID headlights which are adjustable by the way, with the use of a toggle switch... its superblack like my versa, we love our nissans!

roguester
Car: 08 Rogue SL AWD, 06 Altima 2.5 S special

Anyone know if a new versa is in the works for 2010? I don't like the current body style. I like to get a replacement for my Toyota Metrix next year

reyes1212
Car: Super Black '07 Nissan Versa

i want a z

grogman
Car: 2007 versa s hb at onyx blue

roguester wrote:Anyone know if a new versa is in the works for 2010? I don't like the current body style. I like to get a replacement for my Toyota Metrix next year
do you dislike the whole car? i question the front grille area myself if they could do something with that but i am pretty sure you won't see any full changes. the nissan tiida built for central and south america sports a different front grille and headlights so i am thinking maybe you will see that grille this year or next but that's it i'm pretty sure.

roguester
Car: 08 Rogue SL AWD, 06 Altima 2.5 S special

grogman wrote:
do you dislike the whole car? i question the front grille area myself if they could do something with that but i am pretty sure you won't see any full changes. the nissan tiida built for central and south america sports a different front grille and headlights so i am thinking maybe you will see that grille this year or next but that's it i'm pretty sure.
I do not dislike the car but I dont think it's in the same league as the matrix in the intereor. The back seats do not fold flat and in the cargo area you need to lift things up and out (in the matrix slide straight out) and it has a goofy looking 5th door that is narrow on the bottom. I don't think it's a good looking car on the outside either. I may consider the Huyndai Elantra Touring more horse power 138 and nicer looking than the Toyota or Nissan

BBISHOPPCM

Be careful with Hyundai... a good friend of mine is finding out what it means to own a Hyundai. In 2003, he bought a new Elantra; the car is very well cared for, and only has 70,000 miles. Now, all the plastics are disintegrating, the control arms are rotted out, the trim screws are all rusting off, and the camshaft positioning sensor failed. The power steering line broke, and the paint is already oxidizing.

My grandmother bought a 2001 Elantra that has the above mentioned problems, plus the HVAC blower switch failed, one of the CV joints blew apart on the highway, her high-pressure power steering line failed...

One thing I'm finding out is Hyundai uses very low quality paint, and plastics. Their plastics have a tendency to oxidize, and become very brittle.

Hyundais seem to be great cars, but rapidly deteriorate after 5 years. Japanese cars, on the other hand, don't seem to fail like that. The Murano I just bought is three years and 68,000 miles old, and it still looks and drives like a brand-new car. And it's black!!

iluvmyVersa08
Car: 2008 SL Sport

roguester wrote:I do not dislike the car but I dont think it's in the same league as the matrix in the intereor. The back seats do not fold flat and in the cargo area you need to lift things up and out (in the matrix slide straight out) and it has a goofy looking 5th door that is narrow on the bottom. I don't think it's a good looking car on the outside either. I may consider the Huyndai Elantra Touring more horse power 138 and nicer looking than the Toyota or Nissan
You really like the Hyundai better than Toyota or Nissan. Hmm .. Interesting. I used to drive a Hyundai, and unlike BBISHOPPCM's friends, mine was great. My parents bought it used for me to drive during university. It had just come off a 3 year lease, and then I drove it for 4 years before trading it in for my Versa. It never really had any major problems. The outside body looked great, 7 years old and not a speck of rust. However, the car had no power left in it. It was only at about 140,000 km when we got rid of it but it didn't have any guts left. It was difficult to speed up to get on the highway, and forget about passing anyone. The car didn't want to shift gears alot of the time, it was awful in the sense that I always felt like people were walking faster than me. But it was alright as a student car. However, I don't think I would ever want another Hyundai. The cars do not really have any value to them. The new Accent looks cute, but when I drove it, it felt the same as my 7 year old Accent. But the new Elantra might be different, I know it is probably more powerful than the Accent. However, I would still never invest money in Hyundai. They simply do not appeal to me, but everyone has different tastes so if you really like it, go ahead and buy one.

ADOversa
Car: 2008 Versa S 6MT Hatch, 2005 Chevy 3500 LWB

roguester wrote:I do not dislike the car but I dont think it's in the same league as the matrix in the intereor. The back seats do not fold flat and in the cargo area you need to lift things up and out (in the matrix slide straight out) and it has a goofy looking 5th door that is narrow on the bottom. I don't think it's a good looking car on the outside either. I may consider the Huyndai Elantra Touring more horse power 138 and nicer looking than the Toyota or Nissan
Your right. I had a Matrix when I was in BC for a few months and it was awesome. Held all my tools, and was comfortable for driving. Had enough power for me, and handled the snow pretty well too. I kinda wish I bought one instead of a Versa.

Return to “Versa General Chat”