Versa PW/PL - error at my dealership or Nissans website?

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
Anto

I went to check out a new 2011 Versa today - the 5MT 1.6S sedan to be exact. To my surprise, there were no power locks or windows. The nissan website directly states that this is a standard feature on even the 1.6 base, but it wasn't on the floor model. I asked the sales manager, and he stated that they dont even make 1.6's with PW/PL. :squint:

What gives? Error on Nissans website or ?

joshua70448
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue SV
2018 Nissan Rogue Sport SV w/Tech Pkg
2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 S HB

I assume you meant the 1.6 sedan? I went digging around, and I'm getting mixed answers too. The Nissan website does indeed list PW/PL as standard, but the 2010 brochure (http://www.hillnissan.com/versa.pdf) and 2011 brochure (http://www.pacificnissan.com/brochures/versapn.pdf) both show PW/PL as being a Power Plus option for 1.8 S and standard for 1.8 SL only (I bought a 2010 1.8 S last year and had to add on the Power Plus package to get PW/PL, so I can confirm this) and not even available for 1.6 Base or 1.6. It sounds to me like the Nissan website is incorrect, since I'm fairly certain that PW/PL are not standard on the 1.6 Base, but I'd give them a call to make sure/let them know about the error.

TomS
Car: 2011 Nissan Versa Hatchback S

I talked to a Nissan dealer about this. Nissan made a "mid-year change." Power locks, power windows, rear door pockets and padded armrests are now standard on the S trim. Cruse control and remote keyless entry are now part of the "power package," To find out which cars this applies to, search your dealer's inventory through Nissan's main website (http://www.nissanusa.com/versa). Look for the models that list the mid-year change under options. Note that the price on the newer models went down slightly. You should be able to use this to your advantage in negotiations.

JHR16DE
Car: 2010 Nissan Versa 1.6

Yeah, I heard about this as well. I've noticed no changes though...I was at the dealership yesterday and saw a black 2011 1.6 with manual everything(except the tranny). :confused:

aidan80
Car: Versa 1.8 Manual

I was originally going to buy the 1.6 but seems there wasn't that many out there at the time. The dealers were pushing the 1.8 plus I wanted a black 1.6 and they apparently couldn't find one in all of the east coast that was as I requested. I could have swore at the time on the nissan website they had the 1.6 base and the 1.6 listed. In the 1.6 (non base) I was almost certian they had power option listed back then? Ah well in the end I ended up with a 1.8 hatch for about the same money I expected to pay for the 1.6. I didn't get any options on the 1.8. It's all manual although it'd be nice to have power locks some days lol.

Return to “Versa General Chat”