Versa Intake manifold photo & dyno results

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
dynatek
Car: 2006 Nissan Versa Sl 6-speed

Here is the link or photo and dyno results of new intake manifold for Versa.http://share.shutterfly.com/ac...csWKm

Kolk1
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa

Any idea on price? 19whp is a pretty good increase.

I assume this was on a manual, since my auto(not CVT) doesnt go that high of RPM. Would that mean I couldnt take full advantage of the manifold, since peak hp on your graph happens higher than my stock shift points?

Great White Versa
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S HB 6sp

What exactly are the two dyno tests comparing? CAI + Manifold vs ...

Where in Henderson are you? i would like to see it. Also, where is this Lucas Oil?

reyes1212
Car: Super Black '07 Nissan Versa

omg thats just what i want. let us know asap price, etc, etc!!!!ill be one of the first in line for this for sure

Great White Versa

reyes1212 wrote:omg thats just what i want. let us know asap price, etc, etc!!!!ill be one of the first in line for this for sure
I'm closer. so, technically, if there's a line to be formed, i would be in front of you :p

JoshH
Car: Nissan Versa S 2007
Subaru BRZ 2013

Definitely would like to know the price of this thing. Looks really nice.

reyes1212

hahahaha alright alright...ill catch a flight...or dirve there not too far away...ROAD TRIP!

James[vicious]
Car: Nissan Versa

i would be really interested. im pretty tired of hearing about honda fit parts and nuthin for the versa!!!!

reyes1212

what if we plan to turbo it...this manifold wouldnt be needed?

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

reyes1212 wrote:what if we plan to turbo it...this manifold wouldnt be needed?
Turbo and intake manifold would be two separate mods. Both would increase hp independently. You could turbo with the stock IM or add an upgraded one for better flow.

I am wondering how we can get an intake mani before we can get a decent catback or upgraded shocks (besides coilovers), that's kinda crazy.

bulld0g
Car: 2007 Versa SL " Bulld0g Edition "

It just depends on the companies willing to take the leap on a product and the consumer demand for them....

dynatek

The intake will likely be priced at $699 retial, but we will be willing to offer a discount for a group buy.

dynatek

we did test the intake on a 6-speed car,but the CVT will benefit for the power gains as well, since there was no loss in low-speed power compared tot he stock intake. The CVT would likely benefit even more since it is constantly operating in the range with the greatest power gains.

dynatek

The graphs compare the stock intake to the new design. Both were equipped with the stock air box. The photo is with the AEM, but the graph supplied was run with stock air box. In our testing, the CAI actually offered more of a power gain with the stock intake.

dynatek

We will be able to demonstrate the situation with the intake on a turbo very shortly, as we are installing and testing the turbo now. The (somewhat simplified) formula for power output of a boosted motor is (Turbo) HP=(NA)HPx pressure ratio. What this means is that if we have a Versa motor making 111 hp and we add 14.7 psi (1 bar), we can actually double the power output, since 14.7 psi will double the current atmospheric pressure to the motor. Please no replys about the number of variables that can alter this equations, we are aware of them but the formula works very well in the real world, especially on a modern 4-valve motor. Using the formula, if we apply 14.7 psi to our 111-hp motor (with the stock intake) we get 222 hp. If we apply the same 14.7 psi of boost to the 128 hp motor 256 hp. Of course this assumes the turbo will support this power level.

bulld0g
Car: 2007 Versa SL " Bulld0g Edition "

great to hear.....do you have a website? I may be moving to Henderson this summer so I might come check your shop out

dynatek

The website for Dynatek racing is http://www.dynatekracing.com. Unfortunately there are only parts for Mustangs and Cobras listed on the site right now, all of this testing is pretty new. We will update with photos and info on Xd, Versa, Yaris and Xb soon.

Great White Versa

I couldn't find any information for dynatek, dynatek racing, or Lucas Oil in Henderson or LV. Where are you located?

Driver X
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa SL

I live out by Henderson... did you dyno locally in the Vegas/Henderson area?

manvan
Car: versa hatch

i want a turbo sooo bad but right now theres no internal engine parts for our cars that we can buy, and if i learned anything from having a turbo car with stock internal its that they dont last that long

dynatek

The Versa was tested on our Dynojet located in Vegas (in industrial area off Russell Blvd). Lucas Oil is a major sponsor of our last project (The Worlds fastest Honda Civic). We ran at Bonneville and set a new LSR with an average speed of 207.555 mph. Car was clocked at nearly 210 exiting 5th mile and we have run 211 mph in the Civic at our top secret Nevada test facility code named Area 52. To answer the question about internals, running low boost levels with (the real key) proper tuning will result in no internal component problems. I have run turbos on 2.0L Zetec motors (Focus), 1.6L and 1.8L B-series Honda motors and various Toyota motors for literally thousands of trouble-free miles. The key is to eliminate any detonation. We hope to have versa turbo up and running very shortly with the new intake.

blindsnyper
Car: 2007 versa

price range on turbo?

dynatek

We are not sure about pricing on turbo kit since it has not been completed and tested. We need to evaluate components necessary to achieve design and price goals before providing retail price.

blindsnyper
Car: 2007 versa

gotcha, thanks

CodeRed
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa S MT

Looks nice, Hoping to see a price drop on it though.

reyes1212

CodeRed wrote:Looks nice, Hoping to see a price drop on it though.
let me add to that:a VERY NICE price drop..lolim very deeply excited for us Versa people becasue this is a big step.

dynatek

We'd like to keep the retail price down on the new intake for Versa owners as well, but fabrication of the aluminum intake is expensive. We could cast the new design, but we'd have to have some serious numbers to offset tooling costs. If we can get 50 or more versa owners together as a group but, we could likely knock $100 off price.

djtorello
Car: 2008 nissan Sentra SE-r

Its a very nice piece, what whats the weight differance between the stocker and your new aluminum one? I know that seems an odd question, but it is possible to reduce nearly half the weight of the stocker, And my only other concern is the runners are all the same length. Usually #1 cylinder with get less air from being the farthest from the TB, shortening that runner like stock evens it out. I see your plenum is tapered to do so, but without detailed pics, i cant see if it will be enough. Or can you supply your math for the volumetic area of the plenum vs the runner length by diameter?

Kolk1
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa

dynatek wrote:we did test the intake on a 6-speed car,but the CVT will benefit for the power gains as well, since there was no loss in low-speed power compared tot he stock intake. The CVT would likely benefit even more since it is constantly operating in the range with the greatest power gains.
My concern is, I have the A4, not the CVT, and on your dyno pull, there is only a slight increase (5-7whp) below 6k rpms. Since I have a A4, It automatically shifts below or right at 6k. Im more interested in power under the curve, not peak hp anyways. Do you possibly have a pic of the dyno pull showing torque?

Driver X
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa SL

I think I know where you are located... I work down the street off Spring Mountain.. We supply parts to lots of engine shops in the valley...

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”