"VDC OFF" and "SLIP" light came on at same time and I can't turn them off..?

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
woo
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35x

Ever since two days ago "VDC OFF" and "SLIP" light came on while I was driving in the morning on my way to work and it's been bothering me all day and nothing came on after work on my way home...and surprisingly it was doing the samething again in the morning and nothing at night time...I tried to turn the switch to "ON" but the light still there so there's no way I can't turn those indicators off. Anyone else had this issue??

babun

This could mean that your brake fluid is low due to worn pads and/or rotors.

I had the same issue and thats wht the dealership told me. I replaced them and indeed the pads and rotors were almost done.

Poyzinous
Car: 2004 G35x Premium 1976 Classic Red 36 inch #18 Radio Flyer Wagon...

Take a peek at your brake fluid. If it is low, your pads are probably worn, as I told another poster, which a Mod should merge soon, you should go ahead and get your brakes done.

ball4lyfe
Car: 2006 M35 Sport

Take your M to the dealership. I had the same problem on my 06 M35 and the dealer replaced an accelerator sensor or something..

Jayvon2k4
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35 Sport

Had the same issue. Its your brake fluid.

woo

Now "VDC OFF" "SLIP" and "Brake" lit up on my dashboard...is this mean I gotta get the brakes done ASAP?

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

woo wrote:Now "VDC OFF" "SLIP" and "Brake" lit up on my dashboard...is this mean I gotta get the brakes done ASAP?
Uh ... yeah.

Safety first ... you do not want to hit somebody and have them find out that you knew that you had a brake problem and did not get it fixed. A good lawyer would take you to the cleaners.

Z

audioarch
Car: 06 350z Grand Touring Roadster

'06 350Z GTRoadster, manual w/aprox 33,200 on it

my vdc off and slip light both came on over the weekend. (no brake light on)i didnt notice any real difference in driving or power.Needed to go have a couple of minor things done anyway, so I took it to dealer service.(nothing has been done to Z since last service.. no new wheels, etc etc.).diagnostics so far;brakes good, tires good, fluid good.was told they needed to replace battery, they did.they called back said still have electrical problem, voltage issue..then said they my have to install new sensor for $800'ish, but since I am a repeat customer, they will let me have the part for $400.does this sound legit or should I take it elsewhere for a second opinion?

suggestions?

thx,

woo

all the notification lights are gone...it was my rear brake and ever since I got my rear brakes done it's all gone....thanks guys...

Pashdut
Car: 06' M35

woo wrote:Ever since two days ago "VDC OFF" and "SLIP" light came on while I was driving in the morning on my way to work and it's been bothering me all day and nothing came on after work on my way home...and surprisingly it was doing the samething again in the morning and nothing at night time...I tried to turn the switch to "ON" but the light still there so there's no way I can't turn those indicators off. Anyone else had this issue??
zerothread?id=391989

papaupa212
Car: M35

i have the same problem vdc and slip on at the same time..also my car feels like the brake got stock on all 4 wheel. what can i do about that???? :crazy:

crzyspaniard84
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35X

papaupa212 wrote:i have the same problem vdc and slip on at the same time..also my car feels like the brake got stock on all 4 wheel. what can i do about that???? :crazy:
take your foot off the brake pedal. :chuckle:

Just Kidding. Let me know if you want to come by the house and we can look at it. I think by the name you may figure out who I am!

papaupa212
Car: M35

@ Crzspaniard84 f*** u pablito!..that happened to me this weekend on my 06 m35 with upgraded BBK. VDC off and SLIP came on, also my brakes lock the tires so i could even move the car...i checked the brake fluid and brake pads are good. take a look at 2 relays or "sensors" right on top of the brake pedal, there is a brown one and a black and white. take those two out clean them. **the white and black has a small spring inside clean that too STRAIGHTEN IT UP just a lilbit and put it back** that fixed my problem.

belze
Car: 2003 Infiniti M45

I had a very similar problem with a vehicle last year, it was not an Infiniti but it had the exact same symptoms. I was going to take it in to the mechanic and have them check it out but I figured that I would change the brakes first since they were getting pretty worn out. After I changed them out the lights were gone.

I did some more reading on the problem once that happened and read that it was probably either the fact that some cars will turn off things like traction control when the brake system has something wrong with it (like worn out brakes) or I inadvertently did something beneficial to one of the sensors. Getting water stuck in the wheel sensors or road hazards damaging them is pretty common.

Xoxopromesa
Car: 06 infiniti M45

Hey guys I have a 06 m45 and Im bugged about the VDC and SLIP light constantly turning on, on me and not being able to clear it. ALSO my car would stall and turn off in the middle of my drive as if the batter went out): Mind you not I work at a nissan dealership so I get all the help i need. Got a diagnostic and I was told 9/10 times its the Camshaft sensors that cause the stalling so I went ahead and replaced those. NOT THE PROBLEM at least for me. I figured it was the solenoid so I replaced my vias control solenoid. Took it on a test drive last night. Sure enough the VDC and SLIP lights turned back on and my car died on me smh it's not my fuel pump either so I'm just utterly confused now

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

What does CONSULT say (have your techs ran it)?

The00Dustin
Car: 2006 M45

Xoxopromesa wrote:Hey guys I have a 06 m45 and Im bugged about the VDC and SLIP light constantly turning on, on me and not being able to clear it. ALSO my car would stall and turn off in the middle of my drive as if the batter went out): Mind you not I work at a nissan dealership so I get all the help i need. Got a diagnostic and I was told 9/10 times its the Camshaft sensors that cause the stalling so I went ahead and replaced those. NOT THE PROBLEM at least for me. I figured it was the solenoid so I replaced my vias control solenoid. Took it on a test drive last night. Sure enough the VDC and SLIP lights turned back on and my car died on me smh it's not my fuel pump either so I'm just utterly confused now
If you replaced the camshaft sensor(s), maybe you need to replace the crankshaft sensor(s), too. The right search might help clear that up for you, but to summarize assuming I remember correctly, they are the same part and some of the codes can be confusing.

LouCast

I know plenty say its your brake fluid is low, or your brake pads are worn or the camshaft sensor is bad. Those are all good, but it does not address the problem since the SES light is not on, which means there is a problem with ABS or VDC system. Try this method it might help you out, since I have the same dilema, especially if you have the Intelligent cruise control system.
Within 5-15 seconds of turning on the car (motor running), press the up on the cruise tab 5 times and then down 5 times, on your cluster you will see a series of numbers pop up on the LCD which states what gear the car is in. Once you have those numbers go to this link http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/M/2006_M45-M35/acs.pdf and scroll down to ACTION TEST section which will explain the error code.
And just to make sure, you can try to clear the code while it's still running by pressing the cancel button 5 times and then the distance button if you have the Intelligent cruise control system. If done correctly a number 55 will blink in the LCD section of the gear selector indicator. Turn off the car and re-start it and go for a drive above 19MPH and the lights will turn off and remain off if there is no fault, if the fault is still present the lights will turn back on until the error is fixed. It's how I figured what my problem is.

Xoxopromesa
Car: 06 infiniti M45

The00Dustin wrote:
Xoxopromesa wrote:Hey guys I have a 06 m45 and Im bugged about the VDC and SLIP light constantly turning on, on me and not being able to clear it. ALSO my car would stall and turn off in the middle of my drive as if the batter went out): Mind you not I work at a nissan dealership so I get all the help i need. Got a diagnostic and I was told 9/10 times its the Camshaft sensors that cause the stalling so I went ahead and replaced those. NOT THE PROBLEM at least for me. I figured it was the solenoid so I replaced my vias control solenoid. Took it on a test drive last night. Sure enough the VDC and SLIP lights turned back on and my car died on me smh it's not my fuel pump either so I'm just utterly confused now
If you replaced the camshaft sensor(s), maybe you need to replace the crankshaft sensor(s), too. The right search might help clear that up for you, but to summarize assuming I remember correctly, they are the same part and some of the codes can be confusing.

THANK YOU ! found out it was the crank smh

scarot
Car: 2009 Nissan cube

I have the same issue. All of these lights are suddenly on AND I am now unable to engage the transmission. I can't get it out of park. Help?

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”