Valvebody help p1757

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
08g
Car: 2008 G35 X Sedan liquid platnuim on black

Hello All,
New here tonight. Greatfull for this site ! Already I can see tons of information, service manual and information available. Wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. I have a 2008 G35X Sedan. I have to replace a front brake band solenoid in the valve body. It isnt working resistance is 0 ohms plus the code came up as it as well p1757. I had to do all this I should at this point add; not because im a hack, but I do not have the funds right now to pay a mechanic.
So I have the valve body out of car, position 4 solenoid is bad. But I knew it could also be a problem inside the tcm a broken pin. I opened it up is all good no contamination isssues. In getting at the tcm though, I know some of the check balls moved out of their position before opening it up. So now at this point Im thinking im over my head to put this thing back together AS FAR AS EVERY CHECK BALL IN EVERY SPOT IT NEEDS TO BE IN EVERY WORMHOLE and as to get it done properly so i dont damage my trans.
The car was in limp mode with the p1757 comin up twice on a crappy scan tool. I still need to find a replacment front brake solenoid as im hoping I can REPLACE SOLENOID AND PAN GASKET AND NEW FLUID AND BE GOOD WITHOUT HAVING TO FLASH ANYTHING ? ANYONE KNOW ? Also anyone know of a DETAILED SCHEMATIC OF THE CHECK BALL AND SPRING LOCATIONS IN WORMHOLES ? Or anyone I could send this thing to who would put it back together for me right for a better price than what these trans shops charge? I dont even need the shift kit just someone to put it baack together lol fml ...Im not working right now is my biggest issue..
Love this car so much though !! They really killed every other brand out there with that 3.5 l v6 , I think. You would definatley have to get a major gas gusslin audi or bmw to match its power thats for sure !! Just wish I got a mt now ...

Thanks for your time , James

DarkMan2555
Car: 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 5AT w/ 157k+ miles

08g wrote:Hello All,
New here tonight. Greatfull for this site ! Already I can see tons of information, service manual and information available. Wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. I have a 2008 G35X Sedan. I have to replace a front brake band solenoid in the valve body. It isnt working resistance is 0 ohms plus the code came up as it as well p1757. I had to do all this I should at this point add; not because im a hack, but I do not have the funds right now to pay a mechanic.
So I have the valve body out of car, position 4 solenoid is bad. But I knew it could also be a problem inside the tcm a broken pin. I opened it up is all good no contamination isssues. In getting at the tcm though, I know some of the check balls moved out of their position before opening it up. So now at this point Im thinking im over my head to put this thing back together AS FAR AS EVERY CHECK BALL IN EVERY SPOT IT NEEDS TO BE IN EVERY WORMHOLE and as to get it done properly so i dont damage my trans.
The car was in limp mode with the p1757 comin up twice on a crappy scan tool. I still need to find a replacment front brake solenoid as im hoping I can REPLACE SOLENOID AND PAN GASKET AND NEW FLUID AND BE GOOD WITHOUT HAVING TO FLASH ANYTHING ? ANYONE KNOW ? Also anyone know of a DETAILED SCHEMATIC OF THE CHECK BALL AND SPRING LOCATIONS IN WORMHOLES ? Or anyone I could send this thing to who would put it back together for me right for a better price than what these trans shops charge? I dont even need the shift kit just someone to put it baack together lol fml ...Im not working right now is my biggest issue..
Love this car so much though !! They really killed every other brand out there with that 3.5 l v6 , I think. You would definatley have to get a major gas gusslin audi or bmw to match its power thats for sure !! Just wish I got a mt now ...

Thanks for your time , James
Could this be what you are looking for?
Link: http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/infi ... noid,23349
If the link doesn't work go rockauto.com Infiniti>2008>G35>Transmission-Automatic>Torque Converter Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) Solenoid. Is the first one the part you are looking for?

QCtech
Car: 2003 Pathfinder LE

Matko sell the individual solenoids, about 69 dollars each. In the service manual section here under AT file, you have the complete assembly and dissasembly step by step.

Here is a youtube video of the how to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAveITCubOQ

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”