Upper Camber Plates Vs Upper Pillow Ball Mounts

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
86b

I'm not really know everything... But from the pics i see on this site ( http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/...hYN=N )... it seems like the camber plate and pillow ball mounts look like the same thing... or are they?Can someone please explain to this stupid noobie what's the difference... :(

Pillow Ball Mounts,

Camber Plates,

240_Keyy
Car: '90 240 Fastback

Same thing there home skillet. A camber plate is simply a pillow ball mount that offers camber adjustability. As you can see in the tein one, the one on the left is the PBM and the one on the right is the PBM with camber adjustability.

86b

So the pillow ball top mounts that come with the Tein HE... are those same as camber plates?Are they camber adjustable?:confused:

240_Keyy
Car: '90 240 Fastback

I should have been a bit more clear in what I was saying...

The one on the left in the tein picture is the rear pillow ball mount. It does not have camber adjustability because the camber in the rear is controlled by the upper link and not the strut mount. So the rear link does not offer camber adjustability (nor can it)

the one on the right in the tein picture is the front pillow ball mount, which does have camber adjustability, therefore making it a pillow ball mount/camber plate. As I said before, they are one in the same if you have a PBM with camber adjustability then you can switch the words PBM and Camber plate.

But yes, the front PBM's that come with the HE kit are in fact camber plates, but the rears are only regular PBM's

86b

Dude... thanks for clearing things up for me... :pface

myRed240
Car: '95 Nissan 240SX with a KA-T!
'07 Audi A3 2.0T DSG
'11 G37S Sedan

Where can I find a good price for PBM's for a 95 240?

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”