Updated FAQ

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

Ok guys, I need some feedback on the FAQ/stickies. There all work in progress, but if you think of some questions that need to be up there, or formating things that I should do, post here and I'll try and work them out.-chet

Jean
Car: Wing chun

Could you find more info on shock/damper rates? What is kyb's, tokico, etc.

Emperor

Anything more on Coilovers would be great.

Emperor

Especially Cusco, since i cant find any info on their coilovers.

TommyyJ

can you post more information about final gears? from a 4.08 to a 4.34 or a 4.64? and answer, what the benefits and negatives are from switching to a higher final gear? thanks

tom

Exar-Kun

updated:-gearing-differentials(two questions with links to exlanations), one comment.working on:-coilover spring rates, etc-damper rates

EDIT: this is NOT a "I can calculate X can you?" thread. if you want to measure weanies by calculous derivitives, do it usefully, like spring tensions according to manufacturing materials and techniques.

TommyyJ

the gearing faq is the same still...i was lookin for more info on how a taller gear affects rpm at certain mph and how you will shift out at a lower speed..where you can purchase it from...what else is need...is it a do it yourself job...etc....

Exar-Kun

there are 2 new links in the suspension faq thread covering exactly those things, check the "what is a differential/what does a differential do" it explains what the 4.08 means as a rear end gear, and the comment I put beneath the question explains your other question :)

-chet

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”