Update on the droptop s13.5

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
sci2000tech
Car: s13.5 RB20DET 'Vert

Well, after talking about it for a while, I finally decided to go with the IS300 metallic grey paint...

Some new parts since my last post include:

Work Euroline 17x8, 17x9(weak offset )Rotora big brake kit spl RUCA's(uninstalled)S-AFC IIorigin agressive bodykit

There's probably more, but thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

So...on to the pics. The bodykit is just mocked up, not mounted. Thats why it looks funny in the pictures.

The current motor.

The future powerplant

my attempt at carbon fiber(covered) valve covers...

I still can't decide if I want to put the roll bar in or not, what do you guys think??

I'll get better pic's up when I get the kit fitted and spacers in the rear.

Opinions, constructive criticism(sp?), and flaming welcome

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

AZ VERTS REPRESENT!!!

sci2000tech

^^^

Lets do a photoshoot in December Greg. 2 VIP verts in one photo

Loki
Car: 1994 Nissan 240SX Convertible
2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2001 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning

Looks awesome!! Man I wish there were cool cars like that around here!

ishkabibble
Car: 1992 NX2000 hardtop, 1993 NX2000 t-top, 1997 Infiniti I30t

Tell us more about that roll bar. Custom job? Functional, or just for looks?

sci2000tech

It's a miata rollbar, the width is perfect.

I originally bought it for the looks, but now I am wondering if it will help strengthen the car since our roofs have been cut off.

Anyone with more knowlege in that area care to chime in?

It is absolutly not to protect me in a rollover because lets face it, if I roll this car, I'm not walking away.

Still havn't even decided if I want to install it or not(it's just sitting there in those pics). If I find out that it does improve the structural integrity, It will go on for sure.

ishkabibble
Car: 1992 NX2000 hardtop, 1993 NX2000 t-top, 1997 Infiniti I30t

If you mount it to a reinforced area, it would probably be about as effective as a non-triangulated strut bar.

So it bolts right up to the 1/4 panel area, eh? Might have to look into that. Can you give us a link to where you found it?

sci2000tech

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ZWDVW

Not quite bolt on, you will need to weld it in, but the width is perfect.

-RJ-
Car: S13 Convertible, 99 Frontier, 03 Sportage, 96 Protege

is that a s14 kouki wing?

krash
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx Convertible

-RJ- wrote:is that a s14 kouki wing?
yes it is

nice car man, its comin along nice, i remeber when it was blue haha. you need better offset wheels tho

TIMELSS_vert

Nice man, only gripes about the car... in some pics it looks like it still needs to be wet sanded/buffed (not sure if has or not), wheels definately need to be bigger all around, and I am not 100% on the K's wing.

But you definately have a well all around build, and have made a great looking car!

.white240.

Personal opinion? I'd get a bigger wheel with better offset. VIP verts definitely look best with a big wheel, tucked up in the fender, with mild camber.

Some baller-*** 18's? mildly stretched tires? ugggggh, amazing. IMO

240sx_Guy
Car: Rusty '95 240sx MT

AZhitman wrote:AZ VERTS REPRESENT!!!

Vb93Vert
Car: 1993 240sx convertable

vert deff looks good, but i coulda swore ive seen the future powerplant before, it was supposed to go into a widebody s14.5 though...

Stay Sidewayz
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx SE

wow, beautiful vert.

ShinHed
Car: 1998 S14, 1993 S13 coupe, 1986 720

The rear bumper and wing suk da most.

sci2000tech

New interior fresh from the shop. Not perfect, but a close match...

A few random pics.

DeXteR
Car: 14 Titan Pro4X
05 Xterra OR
92 300ZX Slicktop
94 Sentra RS Rally Car

you really need to get that smudge off you lens...

Besides that, looks good.

StreetFighter

im diggin the interior,

what seats were those again? what material did you use to cover the doors and glove box?

Nacho_240
Car: 1991 240sx LE

Those Eurolines would hav been hot in 18's and a big juicy lip. Ur car can definitely pull off that VIP look.

sci2000tech

DeXteR wrote:you really need to get that smudge off you lens...
so you noticed that too huh??

The seats are sparco's and the materieal is suede.

I still kinda miss the eurolines, but I like being able to see my bright red brakes.

dompower_

I'm in for the rollbar, maybe black IMO

jrb240
Car: 1992 240sx Coupe-sold, 1995 240sx-sold, 1993 SR Convertible-sold, 1971 240Z-Being awesome

Well, dude you have some awesome ideas! I do have some criticisms though:

you should have completed the body work before spraying

wet sand and buff

not totally digging the blue suede

no roll bar, unless it is a LOW, but functional, 4 point with harness bar

the black wheels are definitely the hotness

and finally, you should have went with the stylish kit or just get the stylish rear bumper cover.

This is personal opinion to a 'vert brother. It is an awesome car though, I see what you want, you just lack in execution.

Rubbish
Car: I've been banned for being a Jackass!

Pros*Rb26

Cons*The S15's round front does not flow with the coupe*Baby blue suede does not match the car's dark green exterior*The body kit is overpowering the diminutive coupe*The wing*The blue filler panel in the rear

Conclusion Your money can't buy good taste

Your car is amateurish rubbish!

jrb240
Car: 1992 240sx Coupe-sold, 1995 240sx-sold, 1993 SR Convertible-sold, 1971 240Z-Being awesome

Well, Rubbish, I agree with you about everything except the front end. I think it's hot on the vert. Like I said before, I think this kid is lacking in executing these good ideas.

Lose the blue interior, relocate your SAFC2, clean up the wiring/vacuum lines in the engine bay, sell the spoiler to a kouki owner, smash that screen on the dash, get a different body kit, and you will be good to go.

sci2000tech

^^^^^

I appriciate the feedback, and have some of my own to clear a few things up.

Rubbish:

First off, I wish I had an rb26...but its an rb20.(although the rb20 outside of the car now has a twin turbo manifold on it )

Although the car may appear to have a green hue in the pictures, I assure you it is metallic grey in person. As far as the blue suede not matching, I am personally a fan of blue/black interior. that and the fact that it matches(to the best we could) the seats...but in the end it is all personal prefrence.

The body kit IS far from modest and quite aggressive, but once again that is the look I was going for. The only other kit I can think of that I would use on this car is Supermade or maybe OEM aero. We will see what replaces this kit once it gets destroyed at the track

The wing was one of those flip-a-coin situations. I was going to stay wingless, but decided to see what it would look like with the kouki spoiler. Its one of thoes things where I like how it looks with it as much as without.

As for the blue panel under the tail lights, well....I just need to paint it to match. I have been focusing my time on the mechanical issues right now because I am entered in a drift event on the 23rd. When I have more time after that I will get around to it.

jrb240:

Yea, I really should have finished the bodywork first, but I think I am just going to have a shop re-mold the widebody as well as weld the back half of stock s-13 fenders to the front half of my s15 ones. Then I will do the paint myself again, just not sure on a color yet. The only reason I didn't do the bodywork first is because I was tired of driving a primered car and wanted to work on the motor before I do the exterior again.

I think I have decided to make custom mounts for the rollbar that will be welded to the chassis, but bolted to the rollbar. This would allow me to take it off for asthetics, but still have the option to bolt it in when required.

I checked into it and some of our local drift events require a rollbar for converibles while others don't. some only require it if you want to run with the top down, which I do. Normally I would just weld it in, but most regulations state that the hoop must be 2 inches higher than the top of the drivers helmet and i'm not too fond of how it looks that high up.

Should I leave the rollbar polished, or have it powdercoated black?? Keep in mind I will be getting the tinted red/clear taillights...

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

Rubbish wrote:Pros*Rb26

Cons*The S15's round front does not flow with the coupe*Baby blue suede does not match the car's dark green exterior*The body kit is overpowering the diminutive coupe*The wing*The blue filler panel in the rear

Conclusion Your money can't buy good taste

Your car is amateurish rubbish!
Mr Rubbish... You have something to learn about the 'vert forum on NICO. We have a zero tolerance policy on personal attacks here. I have no problem with you sharing your constructive criticisms. That's ok to share your opinions about the curves of the front end not matching, etc... It is NOT OK to say that he has bad taste since beauty is in the eye of the beholder. He has every right to like whatever he wants to like. It is definitely NOT OK to say his car is amateurish rubbish. If you do it again I'll remove your privileges to post on this forum.

Rubbish
Car: I've been banned for being a Jackass!

Eikon wrote:
Mr Rubbish... You have something to learn about the 'vert forum on NICO. We have a zero tolerance policy on personal attacks here. I have no problem with you sharing your constructive criticisms. That's ok to share your opinions about the curves of the front end not matching, etc... It is NOT OK to say that he has bad taste since beauty is in the eye of the beholder. He has every right to like whatever he wants to like. It is definitely NOT OK to say his car is amateurish rubbish. If you do it again I'll remove your privileges to post on this forum.
Fudgenudger, quiet your face, for the benefit of the ozone layer. I will not be stifled by a common fetus such as yourself. If I call the lad's auto "rubbish", he should treasure the fact I even pitied a glance his way. Where ever I roam, my own set of rules follow. End my account if you please, I can't be ended.

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

Rubbish wrote:
Fudgenudger, quiet your face, for the benefit of the ozone layer. I will not be stifled by a common fetus such as yourself. If I call the lad's auto "rubbish", he should treasure the fact I even pitied a glance his way. Where ever I roam, my own set of rules follow. End my account if you please, I can't be ended.
Buh Bye Now.

sci2000tech

Thanks for lookin out Eikon

Like Mr. Rubbish said though, I am lucky he so much as looked in my general direction let alone replied to my thread

I hope everyone else finds this as entertaining as I did this morning.

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”