Tweeter location

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
bazza236

Hi what are some suggested locations for mounting the tweeters for component speakers? I don't have stock tweeter mounts...

kc5f
Car: Versa SL HB CVTs - 2008 (daughter), 2007's (both RIP). I'm now in a silver 2012, my son a silver 2015 Note, my wife a bright yellow 2016 Juke.

In the US, at least, the S model doesn't have tweeters but does have the wiring in place. If you could use the posts, that would make it easier, and the positioning is good, soundwise.

VersaMG08
Car: '10 Mazda 3 s hatchback
'14 Nissan 370z

I was thinking of taking out the stock tweeters and putting in aftermarkets. Would it make make a sound improvement at all?

Codelicious
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx

I would think so. Not 100% sure though.Do you have the premium sound system?

I have the premium sound system and my stereo, subs, and amp sound amazing with rap but with metal they aren't so well so I am thinking about getting better speakers through-out the car.

dee_tymz_sl
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL Sedan

bazza236 wrote:Hi what are some suggested locations for mounting the tweeters for component speakers? I don't have stock tweeter mounts...
Here's the answer to your question....This is probably the best area to do it as the SL models that are equipped with the audio package has them mounted in the same place.

VersaMG08
'14 Nissan 370z

Codelicious wrote:I would think so. Not 100% sure though.Do you have the premium sound system?

I have the premium sound system and my stereo, subs, and amp sound amazing with rap but with metal they aren't so well so I am thinking about getting better speakers through-out the car.
I don't have the audio package that is available as an accessory. Not sure what you mean by premium sound system. I changed out the stock speakers and have some aftermarket Kenwood ones, along with aftermarket Kenwood mono amp and 12" sub. Sound quality is way better than stocks, plenty of bass, treble and midrange.

dee_tymz_sl
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL Sedan

VersaMG08 wrote:I don't have the audio package that is available as an accessory. Not sure what you mean by premium sound system. ...
The premium sound system is what Nissan refer to as the AM/FM/in-dash 6 CD audio system (180 watts). It's part of the audio system (package) where you get the following: The radio that I mentioned up above, the 6 speakers (4 speakers and two tweeters in the A-pillar), MP3/WMA capability, Auxiliary audio input jack and I can't forget the bluetooth along with steering wheel controls. Oh I know when the Versa's started on the market they were being offered a subwoofer also in that package (I think HB version only though) This is only comes with the SL models at extra cost...

That's what he means by the Premium Sound...

VersaMG08
'14 Nissan 370z

dee_tymz_sl wrote:
The premium sound system is what Nissan refer to as the AM/FM/in-dash 6 CD audio system (180 watts). It's part of the audio system (package) where you get the following: The radio that I mentioned up above, the 6 speakers (4 speakers and two tweeters in the A-pillar), MP3/WMA capability, Auxiliary audio input jack and I can't forget the bluetooth along with steering wheel controls. Oh I know when the Versa's started on the market they were being offered a subwoofer also in that package (I think HB version only though) This is only comes with the SL models at extra cost...

That's what he means by the Premium Sound...
I have the in-dash 6 CD audio system. Just don't have the audio package that has the stock amp and sub as a package that is offered at the dealer. I'm looking forward to upgrading the tweeters though and possibly get a capacitors like the one made by Rockford Fosgate.

iluvmyVersa08
Car: 2008 SL Sport

I have the upgraded sound system too, and have the same thing as dee_tymz_sl posted in his pictures ... Upgraded sound system included the 6 disc cd changer and the Speakers and Rockford Fosgate Sub-Woofer. That was included when I upgraded to the sport and technology package.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

VersaMG08 wrote:I have the in-dash 6 CD audio system. Just don't have the audio package that has the stock amp and sub as a package that is offered at the dealer. I'm looking forward to upgrading the tweeters though and possibly get a capacitors like the one made by Rockford Fosgate.
I would pay more attention to the amount of current draw your amps have vs. the output of the factory alternator. Caps don't hurt but they can't fix issues with drawing more current than the alt can supply.

ds08versa
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa SL

AMEN Thank you for bringing that up about caps. i will try to find a pic of my tweets. they are in the factory location but i fiberglassed them to change the image. i have them textured but not painted yet.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”