Turned 75,000 in my 02 I35 today. A couple questions.

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
A.C.Sanchez

Hi all, just found this forum, didn't even know there was an alternative to maxima.org!

I just passed 75,000 miles today, and I think it's time for a good old fashioned tune up. The car runs great, but beyond changing my oil and filter, and I'm going to replace the spark plugs - what else should I consider? I put new tires on just about a year ago, so no worries there. Other than topping off my transmission fluid and my wiper fluid what else should I look at?

I'm not the world's biggest car guy, so any advice is appreciated!

Thanks.

Kevin

edit - just found this.

http://www.nissanusa.com/ownin....html which pretty much answers my own question.

ZGadson

Welcome to the club!

Although it's usually not taken into consideration when getting a tune-up, I'd have the suspension and brakes looked at, too, while you have it in the shop. Wheel bearings, struts, tie rods, rotors, pads, ect, are all good things to have inspected when approaching that not so magical 100,000mi odometer reading.

Also, the owners manual says that the platinum tipped spark plugs that come with the car (if they haven't been replaced yet) are OK to be used for 100,000mi, so when you do replace those, make sure you replace them with plugs of similar quality. Our engines learn how to function best with the parts it has. Although all spark plugs serve the same purpose, downgrading to lower quality plugs than were previously installed might hurt performance and mpg.

Gman8990
Car: Pearl 1999 Nissan Maxima GXE

Is it time for a tire rotation yet? how many miles? Maybe get it balanced?

MattB
Car: 2001 Infiniti I30A

Gman8990 wrote:Is it time for a tire rotation yet? how many miles? Maybe get it balanced?
Rotation is recommended every 6000 miles.

maxhopper
Car: 02 Maxima SE 6spd

Welcome to NICO!

I was a refugee myself, back in late 03. I found NICO through audtatious (one of the admins now). There were 5-6 guys in the local area that had Maximas. We would get together for group install days, and had detailing days. It was a great group of great people. We decided to leave the org and come here. What we found was a bunch of other great people, that believed in being civil to each other.

Another great thing about NICO, is that they have meets all over the USA. Check out the National Meets area, as well as your local Regional forum.

A.C.Sanchez

Thanks all! I appreciate the responses. I've decided to get an alignment as well ($80 at my local Sullivan Tire). My car pulls slightly left, so it's worth the $80 to see what they can do for me.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”