tune up

Got questions about your Infiniti? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
robertoagmcbride
Car: 1994 Infiniti Q45

I would like to know what should be done to properly tune up a 1994 Q45 . I would appreciate any information in this regard . thanks , folks

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

First off, RTFSM. Second, read all posts by Q45tech.

There is no "tune up", just required maintenance. Whether it is preventative or after major system failure is your choice.

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Q45/

96Qowner
Car: 1996 Q45

Yep, as maxnix said - nothing to "tune" really. The plugs last as long as the valve cover gaskets do, so you only do the plugs when your gaskets start to leak and need replacing. Nothing to adjust, really ...

Things like connectors should be attended to, though. The MAF and CAS connectors tend to corrode and cause loss of performance. You might also clean the MAF element itself - usually provides an increase in performance. Here are some instructions:

http://www.q45.org/maf.html

Be sure to clean the connector and put some dielectric grease on it.

Your intake path is probably pretty dirty. Either disassemble it and clean it manually, or get an intake fogging from BG or other reputable place.

BG 44K comes highly recommended by NICO as a gastank additive to clean injectors. Get a can and run it through the tank. It would be nice to get some extended highway miles, if you have the time. Drive it hard for that tankful, then change the oil.

That'll clean up intake path, injectors, and MAF.

If you haven't changed the tranny fluid recently, this'd be a good time to do that or even have it flushed at BG. You might also consider pulling the tranny pan and cleaning that filter. If you do, you'll need a new gasket and new one-use bolts.

How does it idle right now? Should be rock-smooth at 650rpm.

Duchess
Car: 1995 Infinity Q45

Where are the spark plugs located on my 1994 Infinity Q45?
robertoagmcbride wrote: I would like to know what should be done to properly tune up a 1994 Q45 . I would appreciate any information in this regard . thanks , folks
Could you show me a pic?I searched...

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

Duchess wrote:Where are the spark plugs located on my 1994 Infinity Q45?Could you show me a pic?I searched...
Did you even read the FSM cited above?

How abouit the back of your trunk?

Think you seriously need to learn about T-3 before you fubar your car.

Return to “Infiniti Online Mechanic”