Try our sound deadener for free!! GTMat

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
GTMat
Car: 2009 PW Z34

Hello G community! Our newly launched company is interested in your reviews and opinions on our product. For a limited time we are offering 10 sq ft of our GTMat Pro product for FREE. In order to take advantage of this offer, you will need to contact us via phone at 1-855-GT-SOUND and request your free sample as well as provide your name and shipping address. We would appreciate reviews on our product as well as installation pictures if possible.

Our product has actually been used in a few NICOclub restorations and can be seen at the following links:
http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/1967-d ... 411-3.html
http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/datsun ... on-12.html

GTMat Heat Test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzUd665qG8M

GTMAT Automotive Sound Dampening is a discount alternative to leading sound deadener brands, with prices at nearly half the cost of Dynamat Xtreme!

GTMAT Features

Impressive Bass Improvement
Nominal 50/80 Mil Thick
4 Mil Aluminum Shield
High-Temp Superior Adhesion
Kill Unwanted Noise, Rattles, Vibrations
Reduce Distortion
Reduce Exhaust and Engine Noise
Easy Application
Flexible, Plyable, Malleable
Overlap Layers for Additional Vibration Dampening
Use Anywhere - Doors, Trunks, Side Panels, Hoods, Roofs, Firewalls, Floors
Paintable Surface
Patented Rubberized Compound
Durable, Waterproof, Permanent
Adheres to Most Any Surface Instantly
Sound AND Heat Insulation
Massive DB & SPL Gains
Low Cost Solution
Tested, Proven, Guaranteed
Toll Free Support 1-855-GT-SOUND

GTMat

No takers?

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

I'll try it for my trunk...if it's good, I'll post up the results.

GTMat

joe603 wrote:I'll try it for my trunk...if it's good, I'll post up the results.
Thanks Joe! We look forward to your review. :)

joe603

Received the product...probably work on it this weekend.

GTMat

joe603 wrote:Received the product...probably work on it this weekend.
:woot:

joe603

First, thank you to GMAT for the sample! Great product, very similar to other sound-proofing materials. Easy to work with, cutting was painless.

If you have a subwoofer that is making nasty rattles, a product like this will help. It only took me about an hour.

Start trunk lid

First step is to remove the carpet...simple plug removal.

Here's what you get from GTMAT

They give you the mat and a roller to apply it...this stuff is very sticky, so be careful when you apply it:

What I did was cut a square and put it in the middle. This is what it looks like before you use the roller...best advice is to start in the middle and work out to the edges:

Here's what it looks like when you're finished rolling:

Now time to do the sides. Start by using some cardboard to make a template:

Apply with a roller:

Finished! You cant tell there's anything underneath the carpet. I had to use a razor to cut out extra...but it turned out great!

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Excellent, looks great. I'll keep this product in mind when I eventually start another car project.

GTMat

Joe, thanks so much for these pictures! Can you give us an update on how the product is working for you? :)

joe603

The sub seems to be a bit louder. I didn't really have any vibration issues before...maybe some slight rattling under heavy bass. Now it's solid. Unfortunately, I couldn't put it on the sides due to the way the car is made (there was a steel plate in front of the rear fender, so it wouldn't have done much).

I may put some on the doors eventually, but I didn't want to dig into that project until there was an issue.

GTMat

joe603 wrote:The sub seems to be a bit louder. I didn't really have any vibration issues before...maybe some slight rattling under heavy bass. Now it's solid. Unfortunately, I couldn't put it on the sides due to the way the car is made (there was a steel plate in front of the rear fender, so it wouldn't have done much).

I may put some on the doors eventually, but I didn't want to dig into that project until there was an issue.
Thank you very much for the review Joe! I was hoping more people would want to give us a shot.

joe603

Try posting in General Chat...there is more traffic.

Fezzik
Car: 2010 G37 Vert w/ stage 1 GTM supercharger

Would you be ok if I tried this on a M35?

GTMat

Fezzik wrote:Would you be ok if I tried this on a M35?
Sure, whatever you want to try it on is up to you. We simply picked a handful of forums and decided to post in them. :)

Rafael007
Car: G37s 2008

GTMat, still some free sound deadener available? would love to do the floors/doors in a G37s

GTMat

Rafael007 wrote:GTMat, still some free sound deadener available? would love to do the floors/doors in a G37s
Sure is! Give us a call between 10AM - 5PM Central Time today. :)

orangeNblue
Car: 2008 Nissan 350z

might be a good idea to ask the 350z peeps too...the Z has a lot of road noise compared to a G

GTMat

orangeNblue wrote:might be a good idea to ask the 350z peeps too...the Z has a lot of road noise compared to a G
We do have a post running on the 350/370 board. Not too many takers from Nico forums but we have had plenty of 370s from a different forum participate. I figured some G35/G37 people might be interested since I know that there is a small amount of modders in the community.

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

I probably could use some for my S13 Convertible, but no telling when I could get it put on.

GTMat

biggie wrote:I probably could use some for my S13 Convertible, but no telling when I could get it put on.
If you want a sample, just give us a call. :)

orangeNblue
Car: 2008 Nissan 350z

GTMat wrote:
orangeNblue wrote:might be a good idea to ask the 350z peeps too...the Z has a lot of road noise compared to a G
We do have a post running on the 350/370 board. Not too many takers from Nico forums but we have had plenty of 370s from a different forum participate. I figured some G35/G37 people might be interested since I know that there is a small amount of modders in the community.

My bad...I guess I missed it.

GTMat

orangeNblue wrote:
My bad...I guess I missed it.
No worries. ;) Feel free to pass our name along to anyone you think might be interested. Our free promotion is still running.

GTMat

New product is finally ready to go! Buy with Amazon.com

MrTiToG35
Car: 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe

So I placed an order for a FREE (and when they say free they mean FREE, they even paid for shipping!!!) sample from GT Sound Control and as they said, my package arrived at my door 3 days later (from their facility in Texas to my apartment in Virginia) The material is very good quality [not to mention a hell of a lot cheaper (price wise) than a certain other name brand that rhymes with "DINE-A-CAT"] and I will be sure to write a review very soon when I begin to tear the interior on my G35 apart!!!!! I attached a picture of all the contents that came in the package and they even included a tape measure and a wooden roller to make your life easier!!!!! AND FREE STICKERS! WHO DOESN'T LOVE FREE STICKERS?! WHY ARE YOU STILL READING THIS AND NOT POSTING YOUR OWN REVIEW??? ORDER YOUR FREE SAMPLE ALREADY!!!!! :mike

P.S. They even include a coupon to save $5 on your order of $25+ and save $5 MORE dollars when you send in a picture of the product installed for their use on their GTMAT showcase galleries! WOOT!!!! :dblthumb:

GTMat

MrTiToG35 wrote:So I placed an order for a FREE (and when they say free they mean FREE, they even paid for shipping!!!) sample from GT Sound Control and as they said, my package arrived at my door 3 days later (from their facility in Texas to my apartment in Virginia) The material is very good quality [not to mention a hell of a lot cheaper (price wise) than a certain other name brand that rhymes with "DINE-A-CAT"] and I will be sure to write a review very soon when I begin to tear the interior on my G35 apart!!!!! I attached a picture of all the contents that came in the package and they even included a tape measure and a wooden roller to make your life easier!!!!! AND FREE STICKERS! WHO DOESN'T LOVE FREE STICKERS?! WHY ARE YOU STILL READING THIS AND NOT POSTING YOUR OWN REVIEW??? ORDER YOUR FREE SAMPLE ALREADY!!!!! :mike

P.S. They even include a coupon to save $5 on your order of $25+ and save $5 MORE dollars when you send in a picture of the product installed for their use on their GTMAT showcase galleries! WOOT!!!! :dblthumb:

I LOVE the enthusiasm! :biggrin: Keep us updated on your install and if you need to place an order, just give us a call and mention the coupon plus the gallery picture. We will hook you up!

GTMat

Thanks for the participation fellas! Once again, we are asking that reviews be posted on our Amazon listings as well: http://www.amazon.com/l/A2GIB9AOR5UCBK? ... B9AOR5UCBK

Cheftic
Car: 2012 Infiniti G37S w/ Premium & Navi Packages. Blk/Blk

I'd love to try your product if interested! I just got rid of my 2004 Z06 that I filled with that other 'big name' deadener before the wife made me get a 'family car'. This is perfect timing since I am about to redo the door speakers and the trunk! I joined here recently and love this site!

-John L.

GTMat

Cheftic wrote:I'd love to try your product if interested! I just got rid of my 2004 Z06 that I filled with that other 'big name' deadener before the wife made me get a 'family car'. This is perfect timing since I am about to redo the door speakers and the trunk! I joined here recently and love this site!

-John L.
Give us a ring: 1-855-GTSOUND. Please let the customer service rep know that you found us on Nicoclub.com!

GTMat

We could always use more likes on our Facebook page! You can also share your reviews and installs here. https://www.facebook.com/GtSoundControl

kiasutoo

Hi I am from the E90 forum, heard that you have free sample. Can I still get some?
I drop you a line on Monday.

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”