[Y51 Bose 10-speaker] True SQ Audio Install

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
Shtoops
Car: 2011 M37

There is an apparent lack if info regarding installation of a fully active system in the M37. Hopefully this thread can provide some insight around what is possible and perhaps help me in the process.

Goal of the system: Sound Quality

Hardware:

Speaker...
HAT L1 Pro R2
HAT L3SE
HAT L6v2
HAT Clarus 12

Amps...
Zapco Z150.6 LX
Audison Voce Uno

DSP...
Zapco Z8 + Z8R
JL FiX82

DAC
Ifi iOne

Wiring:
0 Ga power
BJC RCAs

Let’s talk speaker locations..

The HAT L1Pro R2 was fabbed a into the sail panels

The L3SEs had no problem fitting into the stock midrange location

The L6v2s have an adapter made from the stock 6x9 mount.

A fair amount of CLD was applied to the door and door panel although im still working through rattles.

I’ve disconnected the center channel at the bose amp as well as the rear speakers.

Lets talk bose signal..

The center channel extended down to ~800hz .. as do the midrange. The midbass signal is crossed 80hz-800hz and the sub picks up below. Tweets pickup around 6khz.

Let me just say .. the 10 speaker bose amp absolutely butchers the signal. Insane amounts of EQ applied. The RTA signal response looks like a wooden roller coaster so many large peaks!! 6ms of TA per midbass .. 1.8ms of TA per midrange .. sub and midbass signals seem to have phase modification. it’s saddening and maddening at the same time.

I’ve employed the use of a JL FiX 82 as a means of correcting the post-bose amp signal .. i watched the corrections take place live on a RTA. It WILL give you a mostly flat signal to feed into a DSP. Unfortunately for me, my FiX82 isn’t retaining the De-EQ settings after a powercycle .. im in process of a warranty replacement. The FiX is feeding an optical signal to the DSP which will then feed my amps. You will be able to retain factory volume control/nav features. Im not noticing any ANC hums.

I attempted to tap into the low level signal pre-bose (black/red wire) at the bose amp. The signal is NOT variable from the headunit. All volume control takes place IN THE AMP!! grr.

For my purposes.. the signal isn’t as clean as i’d prefer. FWIW im chasing an SQ dragon. The FiX82 should be good enough for 99.9% of yall. With that said, im working on integrating an Ifi iOne DAC with BT to feed my processor. I can switch between sources and control master vol with my Z8-R remote which is mounted infront of the trac control buttons (it’s a PERFECT fit)

As far as amp installation goes ..

The 0ga power wire is running down the right side if the car .. no drilling/cutting required. The spare tire was removed to fit my amps. The Zapco Z160.6 LX is a surfboard but WILL fit in the wheel well if you cut the tire bracket. The Audison is large as well. Both amps fit without issue. 14ga wire was run through the front door molex to connect to the L3SE. Stock wiring was used for the midbass and tweet connections.

For sub duties, ive got my sub wired at 8ohms and im feeding it about 450w. I’m not sure the alternator can take 1300w at 2ohm + my 150wx6 front stage. A HO alt might be in order. Speaking of which...

Can we do the Big3 + HO alt in this car? Or will the ECU regulate my alternator output?

I’ll be looking to glass in a illusion audio C12XL sometime next year as well as build out a false floor.

I’ll add some pictures to this thread to show yall what the install looks like. I’ll also add some pictures that show the BOSE amp signal response..

I haven’t seen a full install on this forum yet .. hopefully this thread will give yall some inspiration!!

Shtoops
Car: 2011 M37

Bose Signal response:

Purple = mid/tweet signal
Red = midbass signal
Green = Sub signal

Gross right??

Tweet install stock to HAT transformation:
https://m.imgur.com/a/jP8Dj

Amps guts!!:

Forgot to mention .. the Z8 and JL FiX82 are mounted under the rear deck .. On either side of the disconnected Bose sub.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Good stuff. Going to add this to the FAQ and going to re-title the thread to something more 'official' as I think the 10 speaker system is in a few variations of the Y51.

Thanks for adding this info!

reggiebrown40
Car: 2018 Infiniti Q60 Red Sport
2011 Infiniti M56x - Dead

Great work so far, Shtoops. I'd like to see some pictures of the actual install of the amps and sub, how your power distribution is set up, mounting locations, etc. Whenever you get a chance to post pictures I'd like to see.

R

Purenv
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37x stormfront gray

@Shtoops , did you ever finish your install?

wideopn11
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37x Moonlight White

Takeda CAI
Stillen exhaust w/ MeganRacing Y-pipe
SCALE coilovers 16K/10K F/R
Akebono BBK
Cusco strutbar
25mm spacers F/R
Uprev tune by seymore4

This is great, can't wait to see more. I've been wanting to do something with my sound system for years now.

I fixed 2/3 of your pics to show properly but the mobile link is giving me a hard time. Make sure you use the right tags for pics. You want the BBCode I have highlighted below.

d3llywork
Car: 2011 Infiniti M37

can't wait to see the finished results. Also, on the Bose amp what wires did you use to get your signals?

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”