Transmission Trouble on F50

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
LethalQ
Car: 2002 Q45

Reid,

I have an 02 and live in a colder climate as well and I have noticed anytime the temp is below 40F it hesitates a little when shifting but mine goes away as soon as the fluid temp warms up a bit after driving. I have zero hesitation in the summer months, ZERO.

Hope this helps.

BTW, My Infiniti dealer here said I should only change the tranny fluid every 40K and they are my warranty provider. Only issue i've had with the car yet is a front wheel bearing and that was my fault because I hit a pothole at 90 and bent the rim, nothing else has given me any problems in 35K.

reid_houston
Car: 2003 Infiniti Q45

reid_houston wrote:Temperatures are consistently cold now and so is the stalling when initially shifting into drive. I dropped the car off at the dealership and the next day they were able to duplicate the issue. The Tech said this was normal for a car with 48000 miles and to correct would require a new (refurbished) transmission. The service agent quoted me all of $5600 to repair. I kindly reminded her that I had 5 months of powertrain warranty remaining...

More to follow.
UPDATE:When I contacted the service manager about when to expect a transmission fix the story changed. The manager said the problem was not reproduced. Before Christmas a service advisor had said the transmission hesitation problem was produced and quoted me the repair costs. Shady! Unfortunately all of this is not documented on paper since I was out of town and coordinating over the phone.

The dealership and I both contacted Infiniti Headquarters and they said unless the problem is reproduced there is nothing they can do. So now I will have to leave my car at the stealership overnight. Catch a ride to the stealership in the morning and duplicate the problem myself with a "tech."

silkysmoothyjud
Car: 1994 Q45

tick toc, Its getting warmer outside and once the temp is up your problem will disappear. They know this! So get there bright and early after a hard freeze, hell I'd leave it there overnight and tell em not to start it till you get there. Threaten to call your lawyer!

jrwdallas
Car: 2002 Infiniti Q45

Seeking advice ASAP regarding VDC & TCS lights illuminated. Now after 20-25 miles, my vehicle begins to overheat. We recently replaced the thermostat, alternator and drained and refilled the tranny fluid. We haven't take it to be diagnosed by apparently need to. Can anyone tell me what I'm looking down the barrel of? :mad:

seldomseen
Car: '12 Altima Coupe 3.5 SR & '15 Lexus GS350 F Sport

How many miles does your Q45 have? An engine overheating problem can be due to a multitude of different factors such as a bad radiator, water pump, head gasket, bad engine, air pocket in cooling system, et cetera. Troubling shooting and/or fixing the issue could be costly depending on who does the work.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”