Transmission?

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
lethalgk
Car: Nissan Maxima

please if anybody could please help me out, is there a way to change a Manual 5 speed Nissan Maxima's transmission to a automatic, or install a automatic/manual switch like some cars have, please im new to this and I know its a hard job but anything is possible, can someone inform on this

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Funny, usually we get people wanting to switch the other way...Swaps from auto to manual are fairly well documented. You could just reverse the process to go from manual to auto.

The "manual/auto switch" isn't really that...it's either a manual that shifts itself (DSG, SMG) or an automatic with manual shift mode (more common).

Also, Welcome to NICO.

brianw
Car: 4-doors, 5-speeds...

WTF?

Given how ridiculously RARE and HARD-TO-FIND manual transmission Maximas are... you'd be committing sacrilege if you did this!!

Sell your manual transmission Maxima and buy one with an automatic. The automatic ECU can be made to work with a manual, but NOT the other way around AFAIK-- it's physically missing a connector or something.

It'd be less labor intensive, easier, and hell, you'd probably make money on the deal since manual transmission cars are so rare.

www .nissanforums . com/a32-1995-1999-chassis/133355-manual-trans-automatic.html

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”