Transmission problems on 1990 M30

General discussion forum for J30 and M30 owners!
rob - 1990 Infiniti M30
Car: 1990 Infiniti M30

The transmission on my 1990 M30 has gone bad. It won't move at all while in reverse and will move in drive, but isn't shifting properly. I took apart the control valve assembly and have found metal shavings in several places so I'm guessing the problem is in the main body of the transmission but don't have the tools or the knowledge to fix it. Most mechanics around here (southern Indiana) don't know what an Infiniti is and don't know where to find parts to rebuild the transmission so I think my best bet is to buy a used one. Problem is that there are no used 1990 Infiniti M30 transmissions to be found anywhere around. I see that the RE4R01A transmission that is used on the M30s is on several other vehicles as well. Are these transmissions interchangeable between vehicles? Does anyone know what all vehicle transmissions could be used or have any other advice? THANKS!

coolyun_98
Car: 1993 J30 11,7000kM

Do NOT buy a used one as it will given you the same headache pretty soon. call Joe at http://www.infinitipartsusa.com He will hook you up with a Nissan Factory rebuilt trans.

Return to “J30 Forum / M30 Forum”