Transmission Oil LEAK ! ! ! ! SERIOUS OR NOT !!!!???

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
NissanSkylineA32
Car: NIssan Skyline A32

HI everyone. I have a question

I have a 98 Infiniti I30 t. it is around 17k, but the engine is very quiet.Few months ago, i didnt drive my I30 for couple of weeks, but when I drove it again, I realize some oil was leaking.I found out that those are transmission oil.I see a pattern that when I drive it everyday it wont leak a bit(ground is dry). but when I leave it untouch it leaks a little.the longer i leave it, the larger the oil stain is on the ground.

may someone give me a solution to prevent the leave. Thank you. Takumi

brianw
Car: 4-doors, 5-speeds...

Is it coming from the drain bolt, or from somewhere else? If it's from somewhere else you may need to replace the seals there, although that probably involves removal of the transmission to do.

NissanSkylineA32
Car: NIssan Skyline A32

it is right from the transmission. it will be too much work to open that

Presscott707
Car: 1999 Maxima 5spd

where on the transmission is it coming from?

maxhopper
Car: 02 Maxima SE 6spd

If the leak is coming from the pan gasket, it's not a big deal to replace. If the leak is coming from one of the axle seals, then the axle needs to be removed before the seal can be replaced.

Ryan Heo
Car: 1996 Infiniti I30

Sure...If it comes from the front axle, it would make big mass up.All of the components of the axle is needed to take it out after than replace the seal... It is really big deal. That's why my I30 has still leak from there.Thanks.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”