transmission fluid change

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
01infiniti
Car: 2001 Infiniti QX4

what are the steps to changing the transmission fluid on my 2001 QX4

Vmo
Car: '99 Q45

get the transmission warm by driving a little bit...

there should be a drain bolt on the underside of your transmission - just like draining your oil. As far as exact placement goes do a search in either infiniti online mechanic or the QX4 forum. Also find out if you have a filter to replace.

Typically you refill it in the neck where your dipstick is located with a small funnel.

Filling it to the right level is easier if you measure the volume of what you took out (assuming the level was correct beforehand).

Start the car, move the transmission lever through the different positions and that's about it. If you can change your oil you can do it. Sometimes it's tricky to gauge the level but no biggie.

crossbones668
Car: 1994 infiniti J30, 2005 infiniti G35 sedan

My 94 J30 is about to roll 100k. I am seriously considering doing the trany flush with Amsoil. I love their oil and filters, and was wondering if anybody had any experience with their ATF?

WoolyS14DET
Car: 1998 Nissan 240sx w/SR20DET

01infiniti wrote:what are the steps to changing the transmission fluid on my 2001 QX4
i recommend going to your local shop and having a trans fluid exchange done !!! If you only pull the drain plug your only actually changing about 4 qts. The entire trans holds about 14 qts. If you do a trans fluid exchange your going to get all 14 qts !!!!

Return to “General Chat”