Transmission Control Module

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
firemed55
Car: 2001 Infiniti QX4

So I found a transmission control module to hopefully solve my issues. I priced new ones. From a dealer its like 500sih and a wholesaler its like 400ish. I found a QX4 with rear damage which was deemed totalled. The Transmission control module from that was tested and was being parted out for under 100 dollars. The tranny on the totalled QX4 had about 100k miles. My question is this. The tranny goes through wear and tear but in all theories the control module just tells it when to shift, so it should still be ok if it was tested yes? Secondly, in the service bulletin for this is also says to replace the solenoid assembly. What does this do and how would I know if it is messed up to. Don't want to spend cash on something that may not be messed up. Any thoughts?

backer01

my pathfinder is doing the samething did you replace the module? and did it work? pls let me know this is driving me crazy. on mine it does not feel like its slipping it just takes awhile to shift from 2-3 and it is warmed up any help would be great thanks

firemed55
Car: 2001 Infiniti QX4

I did replace it. I notice a difference. It shifts smoother and although it still will shift at a high rpm when it is cold, it is not nealry as bad. The low gear shifts are alot better. Hope this helps. Time will tell I suppose.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”