Trailer wiring

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
THawks
Car: 2010 Rogue SL FWD Premium Iridium Graphite

Ok, I read the three threads in the FAQ section pertaining to hooking up wiring for trailers but, unless I misread them, everything seems to deal with vehicles without the tow hitch pre-wire. My question is what do I need to go from the factory installed pre-wire to a full trailer wire setup?

philipa_240sx

I know it's a lot of information to digest so here is basics:

The towing pre-wire is not a complete trailer wiring harness. It's just a simple 12V power plug/harness located in the cargo area. See the white plug below? This is all you get! My Rogue SL (and it appears many other lower-trim level Rogue's) was not supposed to have the pre-wire, but they did in fact have it.

What is the plug for? It's used to power Nissan's accessory trailer light converter... or many of the aftermarket ones.

So what do you need for your 'pre-wired' Rogue?

Nissan's Trailer Light converter/harness #999T8-GU000 . Price: $145

Or

Professional Wiring Products #64150, wiring harness/converter for 2008-2010 Nissan Rogue. Price: $47.95

This is the cheaper and preferred choice. A few members have already installed these and they work very well. Plug an play, no splicing.

http://www.professionalwiringp...770b0

THawks
Car: 2010 Rogue SL FWD Premium Iridium Graphite

Awesome. Thank you for the information philipa. Ordered the part I need and will reference back to the wiring threads when I receive the piece and my Curt receiver.

kingjman
Car: Rogue AWD SL

My blue 12v wire was dead until I installed a 30 amp fuse under hood...all good now.

Return to “Rogue Forum”