TPS Sensor

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
slickroger
Car: Nissan Pathfinder 2001

has anyone adjusted this sensor or know how to adjust it? I have weird revs at low rpms when im driving only, if i hit the gas and go i dont have any problems.

Im going to try and be as descriptive as possible.

When im rolling at a slow pace lets say between 20-40kph my truck will move from 1500rpm to about 3500rpm very quickly then shift. when moving at this same slow pace it sometimes stutters like its bogging out.

when it stutters i hit the pedal and it goes away when it over revs i let go and try to let it shift without reving up all the way. Im pretty sure this is my TPS sensor out of place or on a bad angle, whatever it is i need to get it fixed soon. I now find myself avoiding relaxed driving and always having to hammer it in fear of hurting my transmission or something

W O T
Car: 2001 Infiniti Qx4

Not throwing a code though??

slickroger
Car: Nissan Pathfinder 2001

no codes dude

its not a real big issue considering it runs fine when im going more than 40 and less than 20, and it only acts up sometimes between 20 and 40. this also only started after my uncle tried to adjust the tps sensor he got rid of my excessive rev while highway driving and now i have this issue

Empty V
Car: 2001 Infiniti QX4, 1982 Corvette C3 Shark

slickroger wrote:no codes dude

its not a real big issue considering it runs fine when im going more than 40 and less than 20, and it only acts up sometimes between 20 and 40. this also only started after my uncle tried to adjust the tps sensor he got rid of my excessive rev while highway driving and now i have this issue
Could it be related to a misfire?

Billy

hospitalbuilder
Car: 1999 Infiniti QX4

I had something similar, and solved it by cleaning the MAF and replacing my fuel filter. Easy and cheap and not a bad idea to do routinely anyway.

Empty V
Car: 2001 Infiniti QX4, 1982 Corvette C3 Shark

hospitalbuilder wrote:I had something similar, and solved it by cleaning the MAF and replacing my fuel filter. Easy and cheap and not a bad idea to do routinely anyway.
How do you clean the MAF?

Billy

Pwnin O'Brien

Empty V wrote:
How do you clean the MAF?

Billy

hospitalbuilder
Car: 1999 Infiniti QX4

Very easy. Get some MAF cleaner (specifically for the MAF at your local auto parts shop). Then remove the MAF, a three inch section of tubing attached to the clean side of your air filter housing. You have to remove the wiring to the MAF, but leave it in the tubing, it is not terribly sturdy, and easily damaged. Spay both sides of the MAF liberally with the cleaner, let it dry and reinstall. All done, easy as pie.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”