Toys installed - Stillen Gen 3 Intake, Grounding Kit, Front Lip

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
spacy9

I finally have my car back with its new toys installed. It took the dealership an extra day to do the intake because they hadn't seen the Gen 3 yet (I'm special ). So I now have the Stillen Gen 3 intake installed, the Stillen Grounding Kit, and the OEM sport lip.

I LOVE the sound of the intake. I don't even notice it during normal driving, but start getting aggressive and pedestrians run for cover . It freaking rocks and I'm sad it took me this long to do it. Now I'm really thinking I need the exhaust to go with it.

Here are some quick pics I snapped today. I didn't clean it up, so please forgive me - it is going back to the body shop tomorrow morning so they can fix their 'over sights' so I didn't see a point.

The Grounding Kit has gray wires so it's a little hard to see, which was the idea, and if you look closely inside the front grill you can see the intake .

SneaKe
Car: 2006 Infiniti G35 6 ManTrans Coupe Ninja Turtle

Very nice!

Pamywyner
Car: 2009 G37X Sedan

Looks great. I'm looking into the Gen 3 also, could you please tell me what you paid for it and what it cost for the dealer to install it? Thanks!

SVTCOBRA
Car: 2018 Q60 AWD 2023 F150 4x4 5.0 FX4

G35X with mods!! I want!!

spacy9

SneaKe wrote:Very nice!
Thank you!

spacy9

Pamywyner wrote:Looks great. I'm looking into the Gen 3 also, could you please tell me what you paid for it and what it cost for the dealer to install it? Thanks!
The Gen 3 is $549.99 from Stillen with free shipping. The dealer charged the same price. Then for install they charged me 3 hours labor. I think they are full of it, no way it takes 3 hours, even with them taking the front bumper off to do the install instead of just the grill. BUT, after seeing poor Suby's ( ) thread about his engine I think it is worth having it all totally covered under warranty. I was the first one that they did at this dealership so I guess I was the guinea pig, maybe the next person will get it cheaper....

spacy9

SVTCOBRA wrote:G35X with mods!! I want!!
Thanks, I'm liking it. Nice to have it kind of unique. Believe it or not there are quite a few G's on the streets around here. I was getting sick of blending in.

kmckis1029
Car: 2016 Q50 RS400 AWD

2010 G37x w/Prem, Nav, & Wood (sold)

2005 G35x w/Prem C (traded in)

nice

uncbeers

Nice work!

I may have missed an update but I thought you were out for a month or more while getting it repaired? That turn out better than first thought?

spacy9

uncbeers wrote:Nice work!

I may have missed an update but I thought you were out for a month or more while getting it repaired? That turn out better than first thought?
They had the car done a little quicker than they thought. It was wrecked on June 4th and I got it back on June 29th. Took it in to get the parts put on on the 2nd. Got it back from that yesterday the 7th. And tomorrow I'm taking it back to the body shop so they can fix all of the things that are incorrect / incomplete. They are guessing they'll have it for several days.... yay.

I did get to drive a fairly loaded black 2009 FX35 with Nav and surround camera for my loaner car while the Stillen parts were getting installed. I have to admit, after driving the FX35 I'd have to consider one of those for my next 'car'. Well, maybe the FX50S

mbock76
Car: 07 G35 Coupe

can you get that intake on a 07 35 coupe?

spacy9

mbock76 wrote:can you get that intake on a 07 35 coupe?
Unfortunately, no. They are only for the dual intake engines. Sorry.

chwontis

First, that is SOOOO sweet.

Secondly, what color is yours? I am looking at the G37Xs blue Slate but the color don't look like yours. Hows your front lip differ then the manufacture front chin spoiler or the "Aero Dynamic Package ". Don't take it the wrong, I love what you did to your car. But since I am getting it new, why not have them pre-install everything. thanks.

Tampa G35 Sedan 6MT
Car: 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT Black w/ Premium & Areo Pkg
1989 Jeep Cherokee 4X4 Lifted and Old School!

He had a wreck with the G and now he has been modding lol...

The dealer IMHO charges why to much!

DJ

spacy9

chwontis wrote:First, that is SOOOO sweet.

Secondly, what color is yours? I am looking at the G37Xs blue Slate but the color don't look like yours. Hows your front lip differ then the manufacture front chin spoiler or the "Aero Dynamic Package ". Don't take it the wrong, I love what you did to your car. But since I am getting it new, why not have them pre-install everything. thanks.
Thanks! The color is Platinum Graphite. The front bumper is now the sport bumper and the lip that I put on is an Infiniti OEM sport lip so my 'guess' would be that it is exactly the same as the aero package but I can't guarantee it. I know I can get the rear spoiler as well which adds a bigger body colored wing and removes the chrome little wing bump. Sorry I'm not much help there. Someone else might chime in though.

spacy9

Tampa G35 Sedan 6MT wrote:He had a wreck with the G and now he has been modding lol...

The dealer IMHO charges why to much!

DJ
Yep to both, especially the 2nd one, but what are you going to do...

zozoka1212
Car: 08 Infiniti G35x

Nice I love it.

Ever thought about getting a midnight grill?

spacy9

zozoka1212 wrote:Nice I love it.

Ever thought about getting a midnight grill?
Why yes, yes I have . Very serious thought. Any idea how it is on chipping?

Sentientbydesign
Car: 03 Evo VIII - 330 AWHP
05 Subaru Legacy GT Stg 2 - Sold
05 G35 6MT Coupe - 278 WHP - Sold
04 WW Evo VIII - 302 AWHP - Ex's
96 I30 - Sold

spacy9 wrote:
The Gen 3 is $549.99 from Stillen with free shipping. The dealer charged the same price. Then for install they charged me 3 hours labor. I think they are full of it, no way it takes 3 hours, even with them taking the front bumper off to do the install instead of just the grill. BUT, after seeing poor Suby's ( ) thread about his engine I think it is worth having it all totally covered under warranty. I was the first one that they did at this dealership so I guess I was the guinea pig, maybe the next person will get it cheaper....
If the Gen 3 intake for the G35 is similar to that of the G37, they probably took the full 3 hours to install it. The G37 Stillen intake requires cutting of the radiator support to fit both tubes through.

spacy9

Yep, it is one and the same. I know they did cut the radiator support to get the pipes through. After having hearing it for a while now, I'm not complaining about the price any more

pfarmer
Car: 2008 GXS with technology package

Sentientbydesign wrote:
If the Gen 3 intake for the G35 is similar to that of the G37, they probably took the full 3 hours to install it. The G37 Stillen intake requires cutting of the radiator support to fit both tubes through.
It seems like a punch should be able to make the holes in minutes.

Perry

Sentientbydesign
96 I30 - Sold

pfarmer wrote:
It seems like a punch should be able to make the holes in minutes.

Perry
When I last saw it installed a Church Automotive here in SoCal, they used a rotary saw and a manual saw to cut out the holes. I'm not sure how a punch would work without removing the entire radiator.

pfarmer

Sentientbydesign wrote:
When I last saw it installed a Church Automotive here in SoCal, they used a rotary saw and a manual saw to cut out the holes. I'm not sure how a punch would work without removing the entire radiator.
I haven't really looked at it that much but if you can get a rotary saw in there then it really should be easy with a punch.

Basically all you need is a small hole of about 1/2 inch. The punch mounts on both sides of the drilled hole with a bolt passing through it. I have seen this on metal plates up to a 1/4 inch in thickness both flat and corrugated.

They are not all that cheap for quality ones but the results are very nice clean round holes, some of which I have seen up to 4 inches so should work for something like this. In my line of work they were often used a lot for large electrical conduits or for passing plumbing into various areas.

Come to think of it, would be perfect for the second project coming up (right behind fender skirts), dual exhausts out the side of the trunk. They will have butterfly valves and balance lines installed for use as vector thrusters.

Perry

Sentientbydesign
96 I30 - Sold

pfarmer wrote:
I haven't really looked at it that much but if you can get a rotary saw in there then it really should be easy with a punch.

Basically all you need is a small hole of about 1/2 inch. The punch mounts on both sides of the drilled hole with a bolt passing through it. I have seen this on metal plates up to a 1/4 inch in thickness both flat and corrugated.

They are not all that cheap for quality ones but the results are very nice clean round holes, some of which I have seen up to 4 inches so should work for something like this. In my line of work they were often used a lot for large electrical conduits or for passing plumbing into various areas.
AKA "Hole saw"
Come to think of it, would be perfect for the second project coming up (right behind fender skirts), dual exhausts out the side of the trunk. They will have butterfly valves and balance lines installed for use as vector thrusters.

Vector thrusters huh?

pfarmer

Sentientbydesign wrote:
AKA "Hole saw"

Vector thrusters huh?
They are not a saw, they are a punch.

Perry

BrandAidDesignG35
Car: G35

OK, what the hell are vector thrusters, is this like some kind of new age mod or something?

pfarmer

BrandAidDesignG35 wrote:OK, what the hell are vector thrusters, is this like some kind of new age mod or something?
It is an easy install in the Infiniti due to the ability of connecting in the two butterfly control valves into the steering wheel position module. Works great with VDC turned off for drifting. Works best using Aeroblade Direction Spinners by Spinmasters. Can not be used inconjunction with fender skirts.

Perry

elfrankieboi
Car: 07 g35x with a sport front

Nice. Where did you get your front lip? I have been searching all over for a similar one and all I found was one from Japan with a 6 to 12 months delivery time.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

elfrankieboi wrote:Nice. Where did you get your front lip? I have been searching all over for a similar one and all I found was one from Japan with a 6 to 12 months delivery time.
Tunerzstore has some of the factory ones....

http://www.tunerzstore.com/index.php?p= ... ccessories

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”