Toyota Venza.

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
denrama

Wow! It looks so cool. Did anyone notice this new CUV(?)

http://www.leftlanenews.com/to...hotos

philipa_240sx

Suprisingly, this is the first I see of it. It was unveiled at the Detroit Autoshow in January '08.

Looks like a mid size CUV in the same vein as the Murano. It's based off the Camry platform and likely borrows bits from the Highlander including it's AWD system. It's going to be interesting how Toyota markets this vehicle... it overlaps with both the RAV4 and Highlander.

dmw98path
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

My guess is prices will start around $25k even with smaller engine. Anyone see any pricing information? Will probably compete more with Murano.

The Tiguan is roughly $5k+ for the same options in the top of the line Rogue and it is in the same vehicle class.

-dan

denrama

I don't think so. It is a crossover sedan.

philipa_240sx

Toyota Venza Mini-site: http://www.toyota.com/vehicles....html

Basic specs:- 2.7L I-4 or 3.5L V-6 mated to 6spd automatic (with manual shift mode) and optional AWD- Length: 189", width: 75", height 63, wheelbase 109.3"

Length, width , and wheelbase are very similar to the Murano, it is about 5" shorter in height. As a matter of fact even the Rogue taller.

Based on the dimensions and the photos shown, I expect the Venza to be targeted to those who want the roominess of a Highlander in a sleeker package. It's more of competitor to the Murano, CX-7, and Pilot than the Rogue. Final pricing hasn't been released but if the I-4 model is cheap enough, I can see it being cross-shopped with smaller CUV's like the Rogue.

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

The four cylinder comes standard with 19" wheels, and the six cylinder comes with 20" wheels, I think this big wheel trend is getting out of control! But definately it looks really sweet, but pretty confusing to shop for a Toyota with the overlap between models. I think it'll give the Murano a run for its money.

philipa_240sx

The thing is the Venza has more sedan like dimensions... even more so than the Ford Edge or the CX-7. It likely can be compared to larger AWD wagons like the Volvo XC70.

Toyota has not announced pricing yet, but many expect prices starting around $25,000 USD for the 4cyl and +$30,000 USD for the V-6.

AndyP
Car: '08 Rogue SL AWD - Gotham Gray, R/B

ooooohh. But where's the MPG and is it a CVT? Those things will determine whether or not it will compete with the Rogue. All the extra luxury stuff is meaningless if it can't best the Rogue's gas mileage. Also, if it reaches up into the $30k region then it has to beat the Murano with the extras or it won't fly. It wouldn't be pitted against the Rogue at that point since I would assume mileage and mass appeal are less critical if they decide to ask that much for it. The only thing I've seen that really hits all the numbers that the Rogue does is the Mitsubishi Outlander. It's gas mileage is a bit shy of the Rogue but the other options all look about the same with the addition of a few features not found on the Rogue (auto-lift rear gate for instance).

philipa_240sx

AndyP wrote:The only thing I've seen that really hits all the numbers that the Rogue does is the Mitsubishi Outlander. It's gas mileage is a bit shy of the Rogue but the other options all look about the same with the addition of a few features not found on the Rogue (auto-lift rear gate for instance).
Not suprising the Outlander gets good fuel economy... it uses the same Jatco CVT transmission as the Rogue but the shift logic is controlled with Mitsubishi's own transmission control unit. Ditto for the Dodge Caliber, Jeep Compass... Chrysler developed their own shifting algorithms.

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

You must mean the Outlander 4 cylinder that just came to North America? I didn't know there was a CVT option from Mits? Before 08 all you could get was the 6-cylinder with the 6-speed transmission which didn't get great gas mileage but was really nice to drive - I test drove an 07 and almost bought it but the salesman wasn't willing to deal - glad I didn't because in 08 the Rogue came along. The Mits is really nice and priced well but I thought the fuel economy wasn't so great - it is a lot heavier than the Rogue.

philipa_240sx

Yes, I am referring to the newer '08 Outlander with the 168hp 2.4L engine and CVT. BTW, the basic architecture of the Mitsu's 2.4L motor is shared with Chrysler and Hyundai as part of the 'Global Engine Manufacturing Alliance'.

Return to “Rogue Forum”